Elizabeth Warren: Fork, Done, etc

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Records shed more light on Elizabeth Warren’s minority status - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

A second law school, the University of Pennsylvania, has touted Elizabeth Warren as a minority faculty member in an official school publication, according to an online document obtained by the Globe.

The University of Pennsylvania, where Warren taught at the law school from 1987 through 1995, listed her as a minority in a “Minority Equity Report” posted on its website. The report, published in 2005, well after her departure, included her as the winner of a faculty award in 1994. Her name was highlighted in bold, the designation used for minorities in the report.

A spokesman for the law school did not immediately return a phone message today.

Nothing to say, really.

Records shed more light on Elizabeth Warren’s minority status - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

A second law school, the University of Pennsylvania, has touted Elizabeth Warren as a minority faculty member in an official school publication, according to an online document obtained by the Globe.

The University of Pennsylvania, where Warren taught at the law school from 1987 through 1995, listed her as a minority in a “Minority Equity Report” posted on its website. The report, published in 2005, well after her departure, included her as the winner of a faculty award in 1994. Her name was highlighted in bold, the designation used for minorities in the report.

A spokesman for the law school did not immediately return a phone message today.

Nothing to say, really.

I was reading this earlier today.

My stance on this has always been that if leverage had been used to procure employment in any way shape or form via any claim of minority status, it would be immoral.

Why? Quite simply because that position procured by falsehood would then be denied to a rightful minority.

• Banned

Nothing to say, really.

I was reading this earlier today.

My stance on this has always been that if leverage had been used to procure employment in any way shape or form via any claim of minority status, it would be immoral.

Why? Quite simply because that position procured by falsehood would then be denied to a rightful minority.

I always do the benefit of the doubt, etc but as Christopher Reeve's girlfriend once said (course, she was talking about illegitimate offspring) "Once is an honest mistake, but anything after that is tacky."

Harvard? Explanations made sense, yada-yada; whatever. This? I can't wrap my mind around it as still being an 'oops.'

Warren, a Democrat challenging Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., has faced criticism since the Herald unearthed a 1996 Harvard Crimson article citing Warren as a minority faculty member.

Warren listed herself as Native American in the Association of American Law School directories from 1986 to 1995.

Almost a decade.

From your own article.

A third document obtained by the AP Thursday indicated that the University of Pennsylvania, where Warren also worked, identified her as a minority professor.

Yes, I can read. I saw it.

And you don't see anything wrong with this not being a one-time thing? At the very least, she was being used as a token by two different major universities.

It's hardly a hanging crime. So I frankly don't care much either way. I guess it does undermine her credibility. But let's face it, lying has become endemic in politics.

The only real issue here seems to me to be that it shows yet again how ludicrous and perverse the whole idea and system of special rules, mentions, consideration, etc. for so-called "minorities" is. That whole nonsense simply has to go.

Gee, what a surprise...HuffPo is defending a liberal Democrat!

The gist of that article is that Warren didn't claim minority status when she was a student at Rutgers nor when she taught at the University of Texas...as if that in some way excuses the fact that she led people to believe she was a minority at Harvard and Penn.

It's the old...well I did do something wrong twice...but I didn't do it wrong four times...so therefore I didn't do it wrong at all. Convoluted logic even for the idiots at Huffington Post.

So what? Does she have trace amounts of Native American blood (which many Americans do)? Did she violate any laws?

So what? Why do you want someone in Congress who jobbed the system to get ahead? It says something about Elizabeth Warren...the person...that she felt the need to lie about her background in order to get a leg up on others. Surely there must be SOMEONE out there that the Democrats can run that doesn't have such a glaring character flaw?

Warren has said she was proud of her Native American heritage and that she was hoping to connect with “people like me.” The directory, however, did not list her as someone with Native American heritage. It simply said “minority.” Harvard Law School also touted Warren as a Native American in the Harvard Crimson when it was under fire for a lack of diversity on its faculty.

According to the OP link, she was listed as a minority and it looks like it helped the school appear to fill a quota. They were in trouble for not being diverse enough. I guess she was okay with the school discriminating against minorities and by listing herself as one, helped them get away with it. I'm sure she benefitted along the way by telling this lie.

A Massachusetts genealogist said he uncovered evidence that Warren's great-great-great grandmother had listed herself as Cherokee in an 1894 document. That would make Warren a 1/32nd American Indian.

Elizabeth Warren Did Not Claim Minority Status, Records Show

According to this genealogist, she didn't lie about her Native American heritage.

Give me a break. Why are you trying to deny that she was dishonest? It's a clear fact. She should own up to this too. If not, it means that she was not only dishonest at some point (a common enough failing among humans) but that she wants to turn dishonesty into truth (far more troubling).

Forum List

Back