Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

Terrible Idea. I favor improving the electoral college so that the PV is ADDED to the EV total. But save for that…leave it like it is. It has served us well since it was installed.

Electoral College gave us Donald J Trump

Do we need any more proof it does not work?
The Electoral College gave you a chance to take a breath and think what you are doing. Delaying something that can be devastating can be the same chance to change views. Federalizing the Senators was a huge blow to what was a Republic in 1913 also.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.
When voted on a majority of Californians voted against gay marriage. You ready to abolish that?

Really, you fucktards are still carping on the Electoral College? Well here's how to end it and good luck morons one and all...

Here’s how in three steps:

Step 1: The Electoral College is enshrined in the 12th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, and therefore requires a constitutional amendment, outlined in Article 5.

Step 2: Congress can propose an amendment with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures.

Step 3: It must be ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three-fourths.

Finding a majority in a victorious Republican-held government might be a problem, though.

Here's how to abolish the Electoral College

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

You’re a Trump worshipper and you’re calling out another Presidential candidate for lying? Really?
You do know Obama couldn't tell the truth either?

So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

You’re a Trump worshipper and you’re calling out another Presidential candidate for lying? Really?
compared to the world class liar trump, obama was a saint

We are a REPUBLIC, not a MOB RULE Democracy. That is exactly why we have the EC. We are a collection of States. The President serves at the pleasure of the STATES.
Rule by the majority is "mob rule"? That`s really a stupid thing to say. The rest of the world is ruled by mobs but we have the wisdom to give representation to sage brush, prairie dogs and rattlesnakes. It`s not hard to understand how we became this fucked up.

Lol
Washington redskin,
Ending the electoral college means, rural America has zero say in the direction of the country... fact

We are a REPUBLIC, not a MOB RULE Democracy. That is exactly why we have the EC. We are a collection of States. The President serves at the pleasure of the STATES.
Rule by the majority is "mob rule"? That`s really a stupid thing to say. The rest of the world is ruled by mobs but we have the wisdom to give representation to sage brush, prairie dogs and rattlesnakes. It`s not hard to understand how we became this fucked up.

representation to sage brush, prairie dogs and rattlesnakes.

only a complete fool would believe that.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.
A pure popular vote is mob rule... dumbass

Electoral College gave us Donald J Trump

Do we need any more proof it does not work?

Kept us from being saddled with Hillary...

Proof it DOES work
Will it still work in 2020 when Mich Penn Wicon that voted for the moron trump by a total of 72000 votes repeat?

probably
Think you're wrong A candidate like Biden won't be making mistakes in campaigning like Clinton did

Obama was a lying shit head.

OT Will btw a poster you might know of; Dennis Wolfe; passed away the other day I was just face timing with him last month

From the OP:

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton beat President Donald Trump by almost 3 million votes in the 2016 election by leading in strongly Democratic states. But Trump eventually won with the Electoral College’s help in swing states like Wisconsin and Michigan. Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote.
Washington redskin,
Actually the conservative/libertarian side receive more of the popular vote... lol
2016 Presidential General Election Results

Obama was a lying shit head.
If so and I strongly disagree ,what does that make the moron in our WH now?

Forum List

Back