Elizabeth Warren asks CDC to consider legal marijuana as alternative painkiller

What to expect when you're expecting. If you think that pot is safe for babies.

Marijuana and Breastfeeding | What to Expect

In the old days such as when the fools today thought people gave pot to infants. Colic and teething babies were given a sugar tit. That was a piece of cloth with a corner soaked in sugar water with a little bit of whisky added. Not marijuana.

I never suggested giving it to children for any reason; I'm saying grown adults should be allowed to use it to cure extreme nausea. Because in many cases, it's the only thing that can quickly do so. Trust me, I've seen it ad nauseum (pardon the pun).
There is a type of epilepsy that affects infants and has led to the progressive death or extreme debilitation of many. But it recently has been found that a certain strain of marijuana (cannabidiol) stops these seizures.

Charlotte's web (cannabis) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could she also arrange for avg Americans to not be treated as potential drug dealers so we can get an adequate pain killer when necessary

Liberal hypocrisy again. Ask the morons on the left about tobacco.

BIG TOBACCO!!!! CORPORATIONS!!!!!! EVIL WHITE REPUBLICANS!!!

They promote marijuana being.......healthy? No, it is not "healthy."

Personally, I really do not care if it is legal or illegal. Do not tell me how good it is for you though.

Take a flying fucking hypocritical leap with that. There are a lot of long term side effects that happen and you are at real risk of developing real medical problems. Also, do not think for one moment that it it will slow down illegal drug trade.

True, it will be taxed and it will more than likely be very expensive. Do I need to explain what happens next? Well, maybe I do. Yes drug dealers will make their product cheaper for you to buy from them. Rather obvious right?

Like I said, I do not care about the legalization. I do see right through the democraps and how they attract the "young voter." Their voting base truly are hopeless pawns.

Want me to cut and paste the long term risks of long term use? Oh, and I wonder if the pathetic left will attack "BIG MARIJUANA" they way they attack "BIG TOBACCO."

Source: Guardian

The Massachusetts senator called for more research to be done on medical marijuana and prescription opioid addiction amid abuse and overdose epidemic

Amanda Holpuch in New York
@holpuch

Friday 12 February 2016 08.00 EST

Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren has asked the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to consider the role legal marijuana could play in the prescription opioid epidemic.

Warren asked for more research into medical marijuana and painkiller addiction in a letter to the CDC director, Thomas Friedan.

“Opioid abuse is a national concern and warrants swift and immediate action,” Warren wrote.

Her request comes as politicians, including the presidential nominees, search for the best response to the opioid epidemic.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren asks CDC to consider legal marijuana as alternative painkiller

Legalize it nation wide!
Marijuana DOES alter your brain...

Personally, I really do not care if it is legal or illegal. Do not tell me how good it is for you though.

Take a flying fucking hypocritical leap with that. There are a lot of long term side effects that happen and you are at real risk of developing real medical problems. Also, do not think for one moment that it it will slow down illegal drug trade.

True, it will be taxed and it will more than likely be very expensive. Do I need to explain what happens next? Well, maybe I do. Yes drug dealers will make their product cheaper for you to buy from them. Rather obvious right?

Like I said, I do not care about the legalization. I do see right through the democraps and how they attract the "young voter." Their voting base truly are hopeless pawns.

Want me to cut and paste the long term risks of long term use? Oh, and I wonder if the pathetic left will attack "BIG MARIJUANA" they way they attack "BIG TOBACCO."

I don't attack either one because I've smoked both for decades, so at least I'm not being a hypocrite. As a libertarian, I believe any person should have the right to smoke whatever they wish on their own private property (as long as they're not bothering anyone else). I believe people are entitled to the right of their own bodies. Now what is so horrifying about that position?

I don't attack either one because I've smoked both for decades, so at least I'm not being a hypocrite. As a libertarian, I believe any person should have the right to smoke whatever they wish on their own property.

I smoked weed, snorted my fair share of coke etc. My point is it is NOT healthy and the left like every other issue are utter hypocrites about it.

It is just like tobacco etc. I think it is ridiculously stupid to smoke. However, I am not attacking "big tobacco" like the left does. Who, in one breath will want tobacco to be banned and marijuana to be legalized.

Also, how the left will attack Mcdonalds for giving toys with happy meals to kids. They want transfats to be banned, and in the same breath want pot stores to open on ever corner.

South Park did I spoof on their hypocritical disposition.....
South-Park-Medical-Marijuana-Dispensary-Episode.jpg

Proving how pathetic the left is about every issue. This issue being no different. That is what this twat lying native American is all about. Appealing to their stupid ass hypocritical voting base.

The following is excerpted from the article you've linked to:

• Cannabis can have long-term effects on the brain, a study revealed
  • Scientists say using weed before age 16 leads to underdeveloped brains
  • Those who start under 16 don't have fully formed prefrontal cortex
  • That's the part of the brain responsible for judgment and reason
  • And, those who start after 16 have accelerated brain aging, study says
This is nothing new. It is Reefer Madness tripe warmed over.

Please note the first sentence says cannabis can have long term effects. It doesn't say it will. And while it's all quite true it refers to adolescents and the same things may be said for beverage alcohol.

The human brain is not fully developed until post-adolescence, which is why we don't allow our kids to drink booze -- and why we shouldn't allow them to use marijuana in any form.

As far as "accelerated brain aging" is concerned, I was well past sixteen when I first used marijuana. I used it throughout the 1960s and '70s, while it was decriminalized in New York City. I will be 80 years old in June, 2016. I wonder how old my brain is.

Considering how many Americans are and have been regular users of marijuana there must be a lot of old brains out there. But the question occurs, what's wrong with having an older brain? Is one thereby wiser?

This tiresome "study" was conducted by the U.K.'s equivalent of our NIDA, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, whose job it is to fabricate and exaggerate as much anti-drug propaganda as it possibly can, which it does because it is funded by Congressional committees which receive enormous amounts of "contributions" from the lavishly financed lobbies of the pharmaceutical industry, the liquor industry, the piss-testing business, the law-enforcement unions, and on and on. Marijuana legalization is a threat to them all.

[...]

I smoked weed, snorted my fair share of coke etc. My point is it is NOT healthy and the left like every other issue are utter hypocrites about it.

[...]
The pivotal factor in this argument is moderation vs excess. Lots of people use marijuana. Most use it moderately (occasionally) while some use it frequently. It is inane to focus on the latter (partial) category as being representative of the whole.

You say you smoked marijuana and snorted cocaine. I used marijuana but I've never used any other recreational substance. I don't know about you but I've never experienced any negative consequence from my regular use of marijuana throughout the 60s and 70s -- nor have any of my old friends and acquaintances, some of whom continued to use it in spite of the Draconian laws.

As far as marijuana use being healthy, I think that would depend on whether one uses it for recreational or medicinal purposes.

[...]

It is just like tobacco etc. I think it is ridiculously stupid to smoke. However, I am not attacking "big tobacco" like the left does. Who, in one breath will want tobacco to be banned and marijuana to be legalized.

[...]
You say marijuana is "just like tobacco, etc." I don't know what etceteras you're referring to but I do know that tobacco kills a lot of people every year while there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science citing marijuana as having killed anyone -- ever. Not one.

So what do you base your argument on?

Source: Guardian

The Massachusetts senator called for more research to be done on medical marijuana and prescription opioid addiction amid abuse and overdose epidemic

Amanda Holpuch in New York
@holpuch

Friday 12 February 2016 08.00 EST

Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren has asked the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to consider the role legal marijuana could play in the prescription opioid epidemic.

Warren asked for more research into medical marijuana and painkiller addiction in a letter to the CDC director, Thomas Friedan.

“Opioid abuse is a national concern and warrants swift and immediate action,” Warren wrote.

Her request comes as politicians, including the presidential nominees, search for the best response to the opioid epidemic.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren asks CDC to consider legal marijuana as alternative painkiller

Legalize it nation wide!
Well, she says she's an Indian... The loopy Kunt she is.
Did she have an vision??

[...]

Also, how the left will attack Mcdonalds for giving toys with happy meals to kids. They want transfats to be banned, and in the same breath want pot stores to open on ever corner.

[...]
Trans-fats are known to cause a wide range of serious medical problems. Can you cite one medically harmful effect from moderate adult use of marijuana?

The "left" you refer to is simply calling for marijuana to be as legally available to adults as is any other substance which has not proven to be medically harmful.

[...]

The arguments in favor of marijuana prohibition closely resemble those in favor of alcohol prohibition. But the factor which is never mentioned by the prohibitionists is that while alcohol is both dangerously addictive and potentially lethal, marijuana is neither.

As far as "long-term use" is concerned, the long term use of many things which are used in excess can be harmful. If one smokes fifty marijuana cigarettes a year over a fifty year period, how harmful is that compared with smoking five a day for just one year? So while the "long-term" element of the typical prohibitionist spiel sounds good to the unsophisticated ear it is nothing more than a propaganda device.

Forum List

Back