Elizabeth Smart

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Breaking on Fox News.

The creature who crept in and took her and raped her repeatedly for nine months is guilty guilty guilty.. His insanity bullshit story didn't fly.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Breaking on Fox News.

The creature who crept in and took her and raped her repeatedly for nine months is guilty guilty guilty.. His insanity bullshit story didn't fly.

This is Excellent News.

I hope he disappears into the bowels of prison for the rest of his life, never to be heard from again - and that Elizabeth and her family are ability to put the nightmare firmly behind them.

What happened to the bitch who helped kidnap her?

I think she was found guilty in an earlier trial and given prison time.

There is a sort of "honor among thieves" mentality in prisons. Crimes against children is very high on the list of things other prisoners will not tolerate - a sure way to get yourself killed.

What happened to the bitch who helped kidnap her?

Mitchell's legal wife, Barzee, brokered a deal with state and federal prosecutors this year and was sentenced to 15 years in prison in exchange for testimony against her husband.

I guess she knew she was screwed, so she dropped a dime on him for a lighter sentence.

Elizabeth Smart is an extraordinarily courageous woman for her public appearances and public statements.

He will not die of old age. The day they take him out of isolation, the inmates will see to it that he receives true justice.

Breaking on Fox News.

The less than rational paternal side of me thinks that tortuing this guy for nine month before dispatching him make sense.

The more rational (and far crueler part of my nature) wants this bastard stuck in a deep dark lonely cell for as long as we can keep him alive.

My objections to the DP are often based not on some moral sense that society doesn't have the right to kill in my name (although basically I do often feel that way, because I do not trust the mob), but more because death is the END of all suffering.

Breaking on Fox News.

The less than rational paternal side of me thinks that tortuing this guy for nine month before dispatching him make sense.

The more rational (and far crueler part of my nature) wants this bastard stuck in a deep dark lonely cell for as long as we can keep him alive.

My objections to the DP are often based not on some moral sense that society doesn't have the right to kill in my name (although basically I do often feel that way, because I do not trust the mob), but more because death is the END of all suffering.

I agree.

Let him suffer on this hell on earth like Elizabeth had to suffer at his hands for so long.

Think of how scared she was, how lonely, missing her parents and brothers and sisters, never knowing if that freak was going to kill her, and when his next 'attack' on her would be.

Any of us with daughters would probably strangle him with our bare hands if he did that to our child, and I have a feeling the inmates at his new 'home' will show him a thing or two about what real pain is.

After he dies, he gonna have to serve another life term...
:clap2:
Elizabeth Smart kidnapping: Mitchell gets life in jail
25 May 2011 - Mitchell was handed two life sentences for abducting and transporting a minor across state lines for sex
A homeless street preacher who kidnapped a 14-year-old girl in the US state of Utah in 2002 has been ordered to spend life in prison. Elizabeth Smart, who was held captive for nine months by Brian David Mitchell, looked on as he was sentenced in a federal court in Salt Lake City. "I know that you know what you did is wrong," Ms Smart told Mitchell. Mitchell was found guilty in December of abduction and the transportation of a minor across state lines for sex.

The 57-year-old preacher, who had pleaded insanity in December, was handed two life sentences by US District Judge Dale Kimball in federal court in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, years after he was declared mentally ill and unfit to stand trial in state court. Mitchell's estranged wife Wanda Barzee pleaded guilty to kidnapping in 2009. Authorities have said Mitchell kidnapped Ms Smart, now 23, from her parents' home in Utah at knife point. He had met the family when Ms Smart's parents hired him for casual handiwork.

Helping other children

Ms Smart briefly took the witness stand on Wednesday, confronting her kidnapper for the first time since the abduction ended. "You will never affect me again," Ms Smart said. "You took away nine months of my life that can never be returned," she added. Speaking to reporters outside the courtroom in Utah, Ms Smart said she wanted to help bring other missing children back to their families. Mitchell sang quietly to himself in the courtroom on Wednesday and did not respond when the two life sentences were handed to him.

Prosecutors said in December that Mitchell forced Ms Smart into a self-styled polygamous marriage and raped her almost daily, gave her alcohol and drugs to lower her resistance and threatened to kill her, her family and anyone who tried to rescue her. The case was delayed for years after a state court found Mitchell incompetent to stand trial. Federal prosecutors stepped in, contending Mitchell was feigning mental illness in order to avoid prosecution. Ms Smart was reunited with her family after she was spotted - wearing a dark wig and a veil - in the company of Barzee and Mitchell in Salt Lake City, about 10 miles (15km) from her home. Barzee is due to be released from prison in 2016.

BBC News - Elizabeth Smart kidnapping: Mitchell gets life in jail

Good. I hope they put him in with the "General Population".

Elizabeth Smart is most definitely a brave lady. I hope now she can go on with her life knowing the evil that once held her captive, is put away, and can't hurt her or anyone ever again.
What a good ending to this story.
And the bits I saw on the news of her entering and leaving the courthouse, she showed great courage, held her head high and I wish her all the best!

It's sad to think that creeps like that man exist in the world. Hope one day he finds himself in the hottest area in hell.

Granny says good onna ABC...
Elizabeth Smart to Work as ABC Commentator
Thursday, July 07, 2011 - Elizabeth Smart is taking a job with ABC News as a commentator focusing on missing persons and child abduction cases.
ABC spokeswoman Julie Townsend tells The Associated Press that the Utah woman who was kidnapped, raped and held captive at age 14 by a Salt Lake City street preacher can provide viewers with a unique perspective on such cases.

Townsend says the deal with the now 23-year-old Smart has been in the works for some time. She says Smart could be on the air within the next few weeks.

Smart spokesman Chris Thomas says the Brigham Young University music student wants to use the media position to create awareness about cases involving missing children. In May, Brian David Mitchell was sentenced to life without parole in federal prison for Smart's 2002 abduction.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/elizabeth-smart-work-abc-commentator

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - Elizabeth Smart is taking a job with ABC News as a commentator focusing on missing persons and child abduction cases.
ABC spokeswoman Julie Townsend tells The Associated Press that the Utah woman who was kidnapped, raped and held captive at age 14 by a Salt Lake City street preacher can provide viewers with a unique perspective on such cases.

Townsend says the deal with the now 23-year-old Smart has been in the works for some time. She says Smart could be on the air within the next few weeks.

Smart spokesman Chris Thomas says the Brigham Young University music student wants to use the media position to create awareness about cases involving missing children. In May, Brian David Mitchell was sentenced to life without parole in federal prison for Smart's 2002 abduction.

Oh wow, this is great! Good for her, good for ABC for hiring her, and good for those children that don't have a 'voice' to cry for help.

Oh wow, this is great! Good for her, good for ABC for hiring her, and good for those children that don't have a 'voice' to cry for help.

That is very cool!

What a strong human being. Everytime I read about her and what she's done before, during and after this most horrifying ideal that would have destroyed weaker minds has impressed me greatly.

The courage and intelligence to get out of this ordeal. The insight to not allow the emotional and physical bloodsucker a moment more of the control he only thought he held, and then to move on with her head held high even when she is vulnerable and explaining what took place.

Damn...

bow.jpg

Forum List

Back