Elizabeth Edwards has breast cancer

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2004
America
They just announced that John Edwards wife Elizabeth has breast cancer. Sucks that this has to happen just a couple of days after losing the election.

Jimmyeatworld said:
They just announced that John Edwards wife Elizabeth has breast cancer. Sucks that this has to happen just a couple of days after losing the election.

Well, I do hope she can overcome this.

I bet they knew before hand but didn't announce it so as to not make it appear like they were trying to garner sympathy votes.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, I do hope she can overcome this.

I bet they knew before hand but didn't announce it so as to not make it appear like they were trying to garner sympathy votes.

Apparently she found the lump during one of the campaign stops last week, but didn't go in to have it check out until yesterday in Boston. They are saying that it's a beatable form of cancer, so they must have found it early.

My best wishes and prayers go out to her.

I hope Mrs. Edwards gets well. And i hope they find a Doctor who will be willing to take enough risk in treating her. I doubt many doctors want the Prospect of an Edwards lawsuit in front of them if something doesnt go right.

I hope Mrs. Edwards gets well. And i hope they find a Doctor who will be willing to take enough risk in treating her. I doubt many doctors want the Prospect of an Edwards lawsuit in front of them if something doesnt go right.

LMAO. Hey, I do feel some of these lawsuits are improper or blown out of context, but doctors are held to a higher standard for a very good reason. they should stop bitching and do their damn job the way they're supposed to (correctly)

i wish mrs. edwards the best, they're a good family and they've had enough tragedy, they don't need any more.

NATO AIR said:
LMAO. Hey, I do feel some of these lawsuits are improper or blown out of context, but doctors are held to a higher standard for a very good reason. they should stop bitching and do their damn job the way they're supposed to (correctly)

i wish mrs. edwards the best, they're a good family and they've had enough tragedy, they don't need any more.

WOW! You oughta read up on some of the cases. A lot of doctors get blamed for things they have NO control over. For the most part, doctors do a VERY good job. Those that don't, should be subject to criminal prosecution. That would go a lot further in making them do their job right than making and insurance company pay for their gross (as in excessive) mistakes.

freeandfun1 said:
WOW! You oughta read up on some of the cases. A lot of doctors get blamed for things they have NO control over. For the most part, doctors do a VERY good job. Those that don't, should be subject to criminal prosecution. That would go a lot further in making them do their job right than making and insurance company pay for their gross (as in excessive) mistakes.

i have read up on a great majority of the cases, i even read the AMA's report series on it, which was quite fair and spread the blame evenly among doctors, nurses, hospitals and HMO's. nevertheless, far too many doctors are expecting a free pass because they're "doctors" and blame the patients for their problems.

this isn't all doctors, just a vocal minority ,and i would think the AMA's conclusions, like yours, are fairly correct. blame is everywhere, along with the patient in a couple of cases.

Jimmyeatworld said:

Best wishes to Mrs. Edwards on a full and speedy recovery.

Jimmyeatworld said:

all the best to mrs edwards and her family.

Forum List

Back