Elitist fundamentalists

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
Of course the American historical description of that mindset comes from the time of the Puritans.

They called themselves "THE ELECT"

Their theory was that god gave wealth and power to them ergo anyone who questioned them was satanic.

These are the jerkoffs who burned witches...witches who owed land they wanted, mostly.

Odd coincidence isn't it?

Um .. your account of history is flawed. First, they never burned any actual witches, most of those they did were their own who they either just didn't like or, as you said, they wanted their land. It was only about 30 of them in all, and almost completely in Salem. Much of the myth surrounding it was created by those who wanted to collect tourist dollars. Now, outside of the Salem fiasco we have many non-christians/xtians who were accused and burned, they called them one of two names, pagan or witch. Many were neither, most were actual atheist or agnostic. This was not done to procure land though, it was mostly done to 'cleanse the flock', basically try to get rid of anyone who said anythig bad about the churches. However this was put a stop to when the constitution was written for those in the union. Outside of the union many continued to occasionally use such barbaric forms of preventing any arguments but it was not as common as you would think. Also the Puritans did not come over until much later, only just before the time of the Salem trials.

Yes, millions of witches were killed unjustly, according to Strolling.

This is just bs. It's not unique to Christianity that believers consider themselves special and beloved of God.

It isn't elitism. Once again, we have a bunch of morons who don't understand the term "elitist". Elitist is the belief that you are smarter and innately better than others, based upon nothing you have actually done but just on who you are, who your family is, who your friends are, and sometimes the location of your home.

Christians believe we are all equal, sinful creatures...but that those stalwart believers who accept Christ and work on their salvation have through the grace of God been awarded a special place on earth and ultimately in heaven. We don't believe it's something that makes us better, or that we've brought about on our own power, but something that is lovingly granted to us, and can be granted upon anyone. We don't hate the unsaved, or think we are "better". We don't believe we deserve more of anything, nor do we believe those who aren't saved have less value. That's what separates us from the lefty bigots and elitists, who think that those who don't think like they do are not worthy of life, of human rights, of consideration.

Christians existed before the Roman Catholic church, and hence before the Puritan sects, which were, like the Wiccan and Pagan movement today, simply a bunch of disgruntled and largely ignorant yahoos who sought to tailor religion to suit their desires. Christians, on the other hand, seek knowledge in the Bible alone, and pray for the salvation of as many as possible. Which is why they are the only religion which will venture forth, risking their lives, into hostile territory to witness to the unsaved. We believe those people are worthy of our help and salvation.

Progressives, pagans, wiccans, Muslims hate people who aren't like themselves and devote themselves to slandering and mistreating them in any way they can.

Um .. your account of history is flawed. First, they never burned any actual witches, most of those they did were their own who they either just didn't like or, as you said, they wanted their land. It was only about 30 of them in all, and almost completely in Salem. Much of the myth surrounding it was created by those who wanted to collect tourist dollars. Now, outside of the Salem fiasco we have many non-christians/xtians who were accused and burned, they called them one of two names, pagan or witch. Many were neither, most were actual atheist or agnostic. This was not done to procure land though, it was mostly done to 'cleanse the flock', basically try to get rid of anyone who said anythig bad about the churches. However this was put a stop to when the constitution was written for those in the union. Outside of the union many continued to occasionally use such barbaric forms of preventing any arguments but it was not as common as you would think. Also the Puritans did not come over until much later, only just before the time of the Salem trials.

Please pow wow with Strolling and explain the above to her. She blames Christians for burning millions of her fellow witches.

Please pow wow with Strolling and explain the above to her. She blames Christians for burning millions of her fellow witches.

Feel free to send her a link to my post. As I said, I am a moderate, logic and truth is far more important than opinion and belief. Since I am classified as 'pagan' by linguistic definitions I don't much like it when people go around accusing others of problems that they did not create. Christian history has a lot of mistakes (as all groups do) but to blame them for something they were not at fault or accusing them of something they did not do is just as bad as them accusing all pagans (Wicce, Egyptian, Olympian, etc.) of being satanist. It just irks me as much to.

Yes, millions of witches were killed unjustly, according to Strolling.

This is just bs. It's not unique to Christianity that believers consider themselves special and beloved of God.

It isn't elitism. Once again, we have a bunch of morons who don't understand the term "elitist". Elitist is the belief that you are smarter and innately better than others, based upon nothing you have actually done but just on who you are, who your family is, who your friends are, and sometimes the location of your home.

Christians believe we are all equal, sinful creatures...but that those stalwart believers who accept Christ and work on their salvation have through the grace of God been awarded a special place on earth and ultimately in heaven. We don't believe it's something that makes us better, or that we've brought about on our own power, but something that is lovingly granted to us, and can be granted upon anyone. We don't hate the unsaved, or think we are "better". We don't believe we deserve more of anything, nor do we believe those who aren't saved have less value. That's what separates us from the lefty bigots and elitists, who think that those who don't think like they do are not worthy of life, of human rights, of consideration.

Christians existed before the Roman Catholic church, and hence before the Puritan sects, which were, like the Wiccan and Pagan movement today, simply a bunch of disgruntled and largely ignorant yahoos who sought to tailor religion to suit their desires. Christians, on the other hand, seek knowledge in the Bible alone, and pray for the salvation of as many as possible. Which is why they are the only religion which will venture forth, risking their lives, into hostile territory to witness to the unsaved. We believe those people are worthy of our help and salvation.

Progressives, pagans, wiccans, Muslims hate people who aren't like themselves and devote themselves to slandering and mistreating them in any way they can.

You do exactly what you accuse us of. You are assuming all pagans are the same, at least many of us have determined the difference between your xtian kind and the christians we get along with instead of lumping you all into one hateful group. *smirks* You show you are blind, dost thou need an awakening?

Turn of a phrase I hadn't heard before, but it makes sense to me!

Sarah Palin's Troopergate Scandal Reveals Her Fundamentalist Street Cred | Election 2008 | AlterNet

Bush is an elitist! :D

Intellectual elitists believe in the religion of their superiority and the intrinisic right to tell others how and what to think, and how to live. Standards for the latter they never hold themselves accountable to, being above all others.

I see WAY more of them on message boards than religious elitists.

My history is sound.

I used the term burn the witches as a description for their killing. Most wer ahnged or pressed.

How they died is not important.

Why they died is.

You do exactly what you accuse us of. You are assuming all pagans are the same, at least many of us have determined the difference between your xtian kind and the christians we get along with instead of lumping you all into one hateful group. *smirks* You show you are blind, dost thou need an awakening?

"Xtians".

Do a search of your own posts and see the bigotry and hatred spewing from your foul computer, and the crap you claim about "fundies" which is nothing more than hate generated crap from an ignorant anti-Christian.

I don't hate pagans, and I don't blame you poor mislead retards for anything. I feel sorry for you, and I have no problem holding your feet to the fire when it comes to actually proving some of the crap you're spewing.

As I've said about 6 times now, if you can't back up your ridiculous claims with some facts, shut the fuck up. Though it won't matter in the end. Even if you don't, you'll quickly be recognized as an uneducated bigot who, like a couple of others on this board, simply trolls and spreads unsubstantiated lies for the sole purpose of spreading hate against Christians.

My history is sound.

I used the term burn the witches as a description for their killing. Most wer ahnged or pressed.

How they died is not important.

Why they died is.

I in no way mentioned the how they died, if I had they would have had to censor most of it. I was however pointing out the biggest flaw in what you know, most were not witches at all. Most were not even pagan.

"Xtians".

Do a search of your own posts and see the bigotry and hatred spewing from your foul computer, and the crap you claim about "fundies" which is nothing more than hate generated crap from an ignorant anti-Christian.

I don't hate pagans, and I don't blame you poor mislead retards for anything. I feel sorry for you, and I have no problem holding your feet to the fire when it comes to actually proving some of the crap you're spewing.

As I've said about 6 times now, if you can't back up your ridiculous claims with some facts, shut the fuck up. Though it won't matter in the end. Even if you don't, you'll quickly be recognized as an uneducated bigot who, like a couple of others on this board, simply trolls and spreads unsubstantiated lies for the sole purpose of spreading hate against Christians.

You still repeat the same horrible misconception. I never once posted anything about hating christians, just that the xtians should not be allowed to force their misguided ways onto others or into law. Yet you still accuse me of spewing hate. You were the first to show hatred, and without any reason, just because I said I was pagan. You really need to take accounting of your own soul, for you have much darkness in it. Perhaps there is some truth to your religions idea of this 'satan' figure, for it would explain your own forked tongue.

Intellectual elitists believe in the religion of their superiority and the intrinisic right to tell others how and what to think, and how to live. Standards for the latter they never hold themselves accountable to, being above all others.

I see WAY more of them on message boards than religious elitists.

How does a person discuss an idea then? Is it better to put it out there without something to back it up, or to put it out there with some intelectuial oomph?

And, where are the people that don't feel superior in some way? The only people I can think of like this are the tibetan monks? I think everyone feels superior to some extent in one way or another, even if it is something as silly as "discrimination against me is bigger than discrimination against you" or something stupid like that.

Anyway, which would you prefer in office? An intelectual elitist or a fundamentalist elitist? I'm curious.

You are free to think whatever you want, btw, about anything, I don't care. :D

Last edited:
btw none of my stuff up there is anti-religion, just anti-the idea that God put a specific individual in office.

I mean really, why bother to vote then?

Feel free to send her a link to my post. As I said, I am a moderate, logic and truth is far more important than opinion and belief. Since I am classified as 'pagan' by linguistic definitions I don't much like it when people go around accusing others of problems that they did not create. Christian history has a lot of mistakes (as all groups do) but to blame them for something they were not at fault or accusing them of something they did not do is just as bad as them accusing all pagans (Wicce, Egyptian, Olympian, etc.) of being satanist. It just irks me as much to.

I haven't heard anyone do that here.
Catholics and other cults have committed many crimes in the name of Christ. You won't find any true Christian NT churches who have, however. These are localized, independent churches and who work separately from one another and use the bible and the bible only as their guide book. I find it hateful and bigoted when people come in here spouting off complete crap about "fundies" and "extremist" Christians without having a clue what they're talking about.

Nor have I seen any evidence in your posts heretofore which shows you to be a moderate or even particularly logical. I find the Bible a perfectly logical publication, and find it illogical when people go to great extremes (which I guess makes them extremist as well) to attempt to disprove or slander the bible, based upon nothing but their own arrogance that they can't comprehend the mind of God, nor explain the existence of life and the universe.

Here, the most popular of the 'Bullshit' series:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tgdQM9MO5s]YouTube - Penn & Teller - The Bible is Bullshit 1 of 3[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R1usMsYU3Q]YouTube - Penn and Teller: Bullshit - The Bible 2-3[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RDjd3XtRzA]YouTube - Penn and Teller: Bullshit - The Bible 3-3[/ame]

All the proof that your book is bullshit. I wasn't going to do this out of respect for the good christians who aren't pushing buttons and being stupid, so sorry to the rest of you. Allie, if you don't watch all of this, then you are only proving that you are trying to start an argument like all trolls. You have already shown that you judge people without any reason or logic.

btw none of my stuff up there is anti-religion, just anti-the idea that God put a specific individual in office.

I mean really, why bother to vote then?

God controls everything.
That said, kindly post a link to someone who said that God put anyone in office. Particularly Palin or Bush, since they're the ones the retard lefties keep insisting have claimed have heard from God personally.

It's just more fear mongering, Christian hating, propoganda meant to make people fear and hate Christians and Republicans.

God controls everything.
That said, kindly post a link to someone who said that God put anyone in office. Particularly Palin or Bush, since they're the ones the retard lefties keep insisting have claimed have heard from God personally.

It's just more fear mongering, Christian hating, propoganda meant to make people fear and hate Christians and Republicans.

You are showing fear yourself. You can be a whole person you know, you don't need everyone to agree or believe what you do to be complete. It just takes the first step in accepting that you are a whole person, the rest is easy. They all have, even Obama has said something similar to that.

Forum List

Back