Elitism vs. Realism

There is only one VP candidate who has actually felt the middle classes struggle, Palin. Who do you think will serve your interests as VP?

I thought Obama was also someone whose family was of the middle class?

Have I been misinformed?

Now I do understand he was educated with the elite, but that doesn't someone of that class.

From what I know, Biden, as his father's story demonstrates middle class values. Palin's husband is union and has pay and benefits others do not, and her almost flunking out of college and having to make up courses in a junior college isn't middle class, it is the lazy elitists who do that. See we can see things differently, but in the end it is the McCain / Palin political philosophy that should move us forward? Does it? No, from the facts on the table.
"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

The Whiner's Recession | CommonDreams.org
The Conservative Nanny State
CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

Not according to you, because they don't believe in mass redistribution of wealth.....

I thought Obama was also someone whose family was of the middle class?

Have I been misinformed?

Now I do understand he was educated with the elite, but that doesn't someone of that class.

Gov. Palin and her husband, Todd, an oil-field worker and small-businessman, had a combined adjusted gross income of $166,000 in 2007, up from $128,000 in 2006, the tax returns show.

Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, and his wife, Michelle, reported income of $4.2 million last year, according to tax returns released earlier this year. Their income included $3.9 million from book royalties.

Sen. Biden and his wife, Jill, reported $320,000 in adjusted gross income last year. Their tax returns, released earlier this year, were notable for how little they gave to charity: $995, or less than 1% of their income.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122307018930303389.html
Biden and his wife made nearly double what the Palins made last year. Under Obama's definition, the Biden family would be considered rich. While Palin's household would be considered middle class.

Gov. Palin and her husband, Todd, an oil-field worker and small-businessman, had a combined adjusted gross income of $166,000 in 2007, up from $128,000 in 2006, the tax returns show.

Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, and his wife, Michelle, reported income of $4.2 million last year, according to tax returns released earlier this year. Their income included $3.9 million from book royalties.

Sen. Biden and his wife, Jill, reported $320,000 in adjusted gross income last year. Their tax returns, released earlier this year, were notable for how little they gave to charity: $995, or less than 1% of their income.

Palin Is Lowest Earner of the Candidates - WSJ.com
Biden and his wife made nearly double what the Palins made last year. Under Obama's definition, the Biden family would be considered rich. While Palin's household would be considered middle class.
Like I said before the only one in this race who has recently struggled with middle class issues is Palin.

Forum List

Back