"Elites" - Who Are They and Why Are They to be Despised?

Right wingers worship the rich but despise the educated. Someone like Bush, rich enough for his father to pull strings to get his son into Harvard where his grades were C minus. See? They love him for being rich, identify with him for being dumb. There you have it. The "elitist" divide.

This is really spot on. I find the entire thing amazing how we vilify smart politicians and promote the "average joe" politician. Why? Do you want your doctor or lawyer or company's CEO to be the "average joe" American? Or do you want the smartest professional best positioned for the job?

Except the right wing want their "leaders" to be the most stupid they can find. Look at McCain. Graduated 5th FROM THE BOTTOM out of a class of 899. That means he had to be the worst student in every class he was in. Who looks at the most stupid person from one of their classes from school and thinks, "Hmmm, that guy is someone I would gladly follow. A real leader. Someone I would vote for, for president"? Of course it's insane, but that's what the right wing does over and over again. And with great "pride". I don't get it.

What do you call a judge who graduated last in his class?

"Your Honor!"

This is really spot on. I find the entire thing amazing how we vilify smart politicians and promote the "average joe" politician. Why? Do you want your doctor or lawyer or company's CEO to be the "average joe" American? Or do you want the smartest professional best positioned for the job?

Except the right wing want their "leaders" to be the most stupid they can find. Look at McCain. Graduated 5th FROM THE BOTTOM out of a class of 899. That means he had to be the worst student in every class he was in. Who looks at the most stupid person from one of their classes from school and thinks, "Hmmm, that guy is someone I would gladly follow. A real leader. Someone I would vote for, for president"? Of course it's insane, but that's what the right wing does over and over again. And with great "pride". I don't get it.

Lemme guess... you think Obama's smart?

:lol:

WTF? :lmao:

Forum List

Back