Elite XC investigated for influencing fight

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
ProElite faces allegations for Petruzelli-Slice fight

It's been nearly a week since Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson was annihilated by Seth Petruzelli at EliteXC: Heat, but a cloud of controversy still hangs above the victor and the promotion. On Monday, Petruzelli told a Florida radio station that EliteXC had promised him extra money if he didn't take Kimbo to the ground. Since making those comments, Petruzelli has backpedaled (he said he was "hung over" that morning) and EliteXC has denied any wrongdoing.

But as ESPN.com's Frank McNeil reports, EliteXC's parent company, ProElite, is under investigation for fixing the Slice-Petruzelli bout.
If the DBPR finds any signs of mishandling in the fight, the consequences could be deadly for the upstart promotion, and could have lingering effects on mixed martial arts, in general.
FanNation | ProElite faces allegations for Petruzelli-Slice fight

Dana White on Elite XC

"you fucking morons need to be in the kickboxing business."
[youtube]kkYC8TBzmmQ[/youtube]

Dirt, thanks for putting the Dana White vid up. All I have to say to that is WOOOOW. Dana tore them a new asshole. And he should have. That is dirty what they did.

I've been calling it for a while noe...Kimbo sucks. Elite XC has been tossing him softballs, begging the gods he doesn't get dragged to the ground. I just don't understand why they chose Kimbo as the crown jewel for their league. Surely they had to know eventually he would have to fight someone with BJJ experience.

Assuming the league doesn't get in trouble Kimbo will get a rematch with Petruzelli and Kimbo will probably win. Then Elite XC can resume the softball pitches.

You know what I want to see? I want Dana to go public and announce to the world an inter-company challenge between UFC and Elite XC. I want him to call out Kimbo for the fraud he is and challenge Elite XC to throw Kimbo up against Nogueira in a winner take all fight. I say winner take all because I don't want Kimbo to make any more money for being a shitty fighter.

Forum List

Back