Eliot Spitzer: Make no company too big to fail

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Eliot Spitzer On Today Show: Talks Extent Of Prostitution Use, "I've Tried To Address These Gremlins" (VIDEO)

I think it's horrible how this guy got booted out of office because he had a high-end prostitute at his beck-and-call... the amount of help this man could've been in the past 6 months is clearly understated.

Spitzer: Take the companies that are too big to fail and break them up and next time something like this happens, they won't be too big to fail.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

our government is failing us yet it keeps getting bigger.....

Eliot Spitzer On Today Show: Talks Extent Of Prostitution Use, "I've Tried To Address These Gremlins" (VIDEO)

I think it's horrible how this guy got booted out of office because he had a high-end prostitute at his beck-and-call... the amount of help this man could've been in the past 6 months is clearly understated.

Spitzer: Take the companies that are too big to fail and break them up and next time something like this happens, they won't be too big to fail.

Our government isn't failing us and it can't be broken up less we have another civil war on our hands. Why don't you try going into the conpiracy forums with your rubbish?

That sure motivates me to start a successful business. :doubt:

Our government isn't failing us and it can't be broken up less we have another civil war on our hands. Why don't you try going into the conpiracy forums with your rubbish?

Where is the conspiracy in saying that our government is getting too damn big?

Downsizing some of the extremely large corporations wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. No one is talking about shutting them down, just splitting them up into separate entities that can each be profitable on their own. Many of these mega corporations are into so many things that they could easily be split up. And it certainly wouldn't effect the reasoning for someone to start a new business.

At the same time, companies that could be split up would probably just move to using shared resources.

You won't be able to sustain it if and when the biggies decide they want it. Unless you sell out to them they will take you out. Been there did that.

Oh brother. It's the politicians that are saying the companies are too big to fail. Just imagine how many great car companies could be created if the government didn't use our tax dollars to bail-out poorly run companies? Spitzer is wrong. No company is too big to fail and the government shouldn't be in the business of breaking companies apart or bailing them out.

Downsizing some of the extremely large corporations wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. No one is talking about shutting them down, just splitting them up into separate entities that can each be profitable on their own. Many of these mega corporations are into so many things that they could easily be split up. And it certainly wouldn't effect the reasoning for someone to start a new business.

I'm sure the Govt knows precisley how to accomplish this task with minimum expenditure and maximum efficiency. Will they mow our lawns for us too ?

If you start a new business and it gets into the "too big to fail" because it will bring down the whole economy mode, I'd think you're probably going to be in a pretty good way.

Oh brother. It's the politicians that are saying the companies are too big to fail. Just imagine how many great car companies could be created if the government didn't use our tax dollars to bail-out poorly run companies? Spitzer is wrong. No company is too big to fail and the government shouldn't be in the business of breaking companies apart or bailing them out.
It sounds good when they say that they are to big to fail while continuing to strip the nation of it's wealth.

I'm sure the Govt knows precisley how to accomplish this task with minimum expenditure and maximum efficiency. Will they mow our lawns for us too ?

No.

There are two actions in that sentence:

1. To start a business
2. For your business to be successful

Very, very few businesses are successful enough to be too big to fail. They're very old and employ hundreds of thousands of people. You wouldn't be on this forum if you could do that. Neither would I. These businesses don't have "owners" like a small business does. They have CEOs, boards of directors and shareholders.

The most likely outcome of any business you would start would be a small business that employs less than 500 people. Small businesses have gotten the brunt of the storm of this recession. If we can find ways to prevent something like this from ever happening again - I say do it. I'd rather someone's large business be broken up than our economy plunge into a deep recession like the failure of Lehman Brothers caused us here.

It sounds good when they say that they are to big to fail while continuing to strip the nation of it's wealth.

Just more crony capitalism. If your company sucks, get the government to help crush your competition.

At the same time, companies that could be split up would probably just move to using shared resources.

Any smart businessperson who has his hands in more than one pocket would know not to form an umbrella corporation that does it all. Instead you form several companies that do it all and if one fails, you have the others to rely on.

Second that. It's time to make the word "antitrust" politically correct again.

The only American car company that received a bailout before 2008 was Chrysler in 1979. Between 1979 and 2008, no American car company received a bailout. How many other American car companies sprung up between then? Zero.

Your argument is flawed.

The failure of Lehman Brothers pushed us from a mild recession to a deep recession even possibly depression. If a company like AIG, that is far more important to the world, had failed, 1932 would have been a walk in the park.

Just more crony capitalism. If your company sucks, get the government to help crush your competition.
Ya, I was being fined while we were shut down. Funny thing is that exact same equipment that was apparently not acceptable for us (Rod and I) to use in my mining operation is now at work in another mining operation that actually has employees running their equipment and it is not just family (man and wife) working there.

Second that. It's time to make the word "antitrust" politically correct again.
It hasn't been? No wonder I could not find a real attorney as I was being crushed by the big guys. Here i thought it was merely because the majority worked for the bank, insurance companies or the mega mining companies.

The only American car company that received a bailout before 2008 was Chrysler in 1979. Between 1979 and 2008, no American car company received a bailout. How many other American car companies sprung up between then? Zero.
Your argument is flawed.

The failure of Lehman Brothers pushed us from a mild recession to a deep recession even possibly depression. If a company like AIG, that is far more important to the world, had failed, 1932 would have been a walk in the park.

There were plenty. You of all people should know this. And now the big companies are finally giving way to let smaller companies effectively compete and yet the government is bailing them out. How sad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back