Eliminating Don't Ask/Don't Tell? You Can't Be Serious!

While I believe that the US Military shouldnt necessarily be concerned with being some sort of vehicle for social equity but rather the most effective and efficient killing and destructive force ever created, do openly gay people really pose a threat to the effectiveness of the US Military? I think it is ridiculous to believe they somehow do.

Then you have not been in a military situation... much as you do not bunk men with women, because of inherent issues with logistics and morale... this would add even more of a monkey wrench in the gears of war

This is about the efficiency and effectiveness of our military... not some 'rights' issue

right.. riiiight... I mean, just look at all those gay firemen who are allowed to sleep in proximity to strait firemen! More fires occur every time a gay man succumbs to lust and leaps onto the asshole of their co worker! And don't EVEN get me started on all the crime that happens because we allow gay COPS.

:lol:

Ummm.. yeah.. 'more fires'.... that's exactly the key... just as I guess more enemies or more battles are the inherent result of this situation in military billeting :rolleyes:

flat out ignorance

Then you have not been in a military situation... much as you do not bunk men with women, because of inherent issues with logistics and morale... this would add even more of a monkey wrench in the gears of war

This is about the efficiency and effectiveness of our military... not some 'rights' issue

right.. riiiight... I mean, just look at all those gay firemen who are allowed to sleep in proximity to strait firemen! More fires occur every time a gay man succumbs to lust and leaps onto the asshole of their co worker! And don't EVEN get me started on all the crime that happens because we allow gay COPS.

Ummm.. yeah.. 'more fires'.... that's exactly the key... just as I guess more enemies or more battles are the inherent result of this situation in military billeting :rolleyes:

flat out ignorance

Apparently, you drama queens seem to think that there is a correlation between the sexuality of the players and the utility of their roles. if you can't fire a gun as well because the guy shooting enemies next to you is a fag and all you can think about is how much he likes to suck cock then you clearly are not meant to fight anyway.

flat out ignorance

Apparently, you drama queens seem to think that there is a correlation between the sexuality of the players and the utility of their roles. if you can't fire a gun as well because the guy shooting enemies next to you is a fag and all you can think about is how much he likes to suck cock then you clearly are not meant to fight anyway.

Try looking at what was stated AGAIN....

It is not about the roles or whether someone of straight or gay can shoot a weapon...

Much like we already have separation of the sexes because of logistics, morale, etc when it comes to billeting, etc.. this adds a whole other monkey wrench into the military gearing....

Those of us who actually have served and know how things work know a bit more about the situation, morale management, logistics, etc than the likes of you shog....

I never met another veteran who didn't know at least one gay guy while they were in the service, never.

But I think they should keep DADT. Look at all the "good" reasons:

First, it gives cowardly straights a "way out" if things get too tough.

Second, because gays are generally smarter and more talented, we are able to keep the best and the brightest out of combat.

Third, we need to protect sensitive soldiers who might get "looked at" in the shower. You know what happens next? They could get "turned". Gays are oh so enticing and irresistable. Ask conservatives, they know.

I never met another veteran who didn't know at least one gay guy while they were in the service, never.

But I think they should keep DADT. Look at all the "good" reasons:

First, it gives cowardly straights a "way out" if things get too tough.

Second, because gays are generally smarter and more talented, we are able to keep the best and the brightest out of combat.

Third, we need to protect sensitive soldiers who might get "looked at" in the shower. You know what happens next? They could get "turned". Gays are oh so enticing and irresistable. Ask conservatives, they know.

From the king of unsubstantiated bullshit

This may even take the cake even for you

I went to the NYC Veterans Day parade yesterday where lo and behold there was a group of gay veterans marching!!! I was like holy cow!!!! how did these people serve and yet our military did not crumble due to their presence in uniform?

(for those who are sarcastically challenged yes the above post was sarcasm)

I really think that normal sexual harassment rules already in place in the military would protect soldier's concerns so I don't really care if they do but you have to give the military time to adjust because showering with a gay dude might be a violation of your privacy so there is going to be some adjustments made.

At least one time in our lives we've probably showered with a "gay dude".

Probably didn't even know it.

And somehow we've managed to survive.

If that is true then I didn't ask and he didn't tell me so my ignorance prevented me from feeling like I was being scoped while I was showering. He kept those thoughts to himself but if I did know then it would bother me for the same reason that people of the opposite sex would feel uncomfortable showering with each other.

I really think that normal sexual harassment rules already in place in the military would protect soldier's concerns so I don't really care if they do but you have to give the military time to adjust because showering with a gay dude might be a violation of your privacy so there is going to be some adjustments made.

Why would it be different if you knew it or don't know it? Look at it this way, wouldn't you rather know instead of just suspecting it? But again, if they have time to worry about that anyway, then stop giving them pay. ;)

It would be different because when hetrosexuals are around people of the opposite sex there is the feeling that we are being evaluated sexually but when we are around people of the same sex we don't feel that way. Its the reason why women become "petite" when around men and men become "gentlemen" when around women. When they are with the same sex group women become nasty little whores and men become bear burping savages.

When you include a gay person in the same sex group it destroys the normal interaction between men and women within the group because everyone knows that the gay person is attracted to them.

Regardless, the Army has gay soldiers in service right now. If they were not doing the job they would be kicked out.

Other countries have openly gay members in service with no major issues. is it strictly the American soldier who is incapable of tolerating gays?

Regardless, the Army has gay soldiers in service right now. If they were not doing the job they would be kicked out.

Other countries have openly gay members in service with no major issues. is it strictly the American soldier who is incapable of tolerating gays?
I believe gay soldiers (without DADT) is going to happen very soon. Maybe not for the next few years, but I'd say by 2020 it'll happen.

I believe gay soldiers (without DADT) is going to happen very soon. Maybe not for the next few years, but I'd say by 2020 it'll happen.

Probably. It's interesting if you look at the survey data among people currently on active duty. Enlisted men are much more supportive than officers, and of course the young are most supportive than the old.

At least one time in our lives we've probably showered with a "gay dude".

Probably didn't even know it.

And somehow we've managed to survive.

If that is true then I didn't ask and he didn't tell me so my ignorance prevented me from feeling like I was being scoped while I was showering. He kept those thoughts to himself but if I did know then it would bother me for the same reason that people of the opposite sex would feel uncomfortable showering with each other.

You can't get a girl. Why would you think guys would like you?

I gotta go with bodecca and rdean on this one - are there really guys out there who believe that they are so hot that if a gay guy gets one look at 'em in the shower, they just won't be able to control themself????

Too funny.

Last edited:
If put into historical perspective. More soldiers were outraged over having to shower with black soldiers than having to shower with gay soldiers.

They were wrong then...they are wrong now

I gotta go with bodecca and rdean on this one - are there really guys out there who believe that they are so hot that if a gay guy gets one look at 'em in the shower, they just won't be able to control themself????

Too funny.

Good.. so a trio of idiots...

Again.. billeting, logistics, and morale are behind the reasoning to this just as women and men are not bunking together... it is not whether a gay person can shoot a weapon, fix a deuce and a half, or use a radio...

Unless you have actually seen how even the smallest things can effect efficiency in a field operation, in the barracks, or in day-to-day military living, you are just talking out of your asses

flat out ignorance

It is not about the roles or whether someone of straight or gay can shoot a weapon...

Much like we already have separation of the sexes because of logistics, morale, etc when it comes to billeting, etc.. this adds a whole other monkey wrench into the military gearing....

Those of us who actually have served and know how things work know a bit more about the situation, morale management, logistics, etc than the likes of you shog....

Clearly, if getting fucked in the ass by your army buddy is on the top of your morale list when facing the enemy then....

Clearly, if getting fucked in the ass by your army buddy is on the top of your morale list when facing the enemy then....

Again.. Mr. Shock Value... get the idea straight... you have no clue as to the complexities dealing with the billeting, morale, safety, and logistics of soldiers in and out of combat areas... just admit you have no clue and move on

Obama wants to add if you are a terrorist you don't have to say it and the military can't ask you if you are a terrorist or check to see if you are a terrorist, talking to or sending money to terrorist groups. And If you are one he has a job for you in his administration, Contact Rohm or D Axelrod and they will get you appointed a new Czar

Forum List

Back