Eliminate the house of representative.

Keep the Senate and the HOR the way they are now. I think the Senate should either be limited to 1 6-year term, or 2 4-year terms. The length of time HOR gets is fine-every 2 years isn't long at all-but they should also have a term limit. I don't think any politician should be able to serve longer than the president. Career politicians are a problem-and were never meant to be.

If anything the HoR ought to have one rep for every 30,000 residents.
However I'd be sympathetic to a plan that made their salaries lower.

I also think we ought to have at least 4 Senators per state.

I'd consider any plan that limited their time in Congress though.

Think we have problems now, how would the House work with 10,000 members?!?!

I think it would actually end up making this nation more democratic.

After all, it is the concentration of power into too few hands that is the ultimate source of the problem.

I'd certainly be more willing to sign onto term limits if the power of individual Congress-persons was more diluted.

Last edited:
ELIMINATE THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE.

In order to cut government spending and balance the budget and create a smaller government. They are a useless bunch of freeloaders anyway. Eliminating the House would save in paying their salaries, medical coverage and outrageous retirement. Let the Senate and the president run the federal government and Governors run the state government without any help or interference from the federal government. We all have to make sacrifices and it should start with those calling for sacrifices, smaller and less government involvement. Why do we need a House and Senate anyway? Let the Senate and the federal government run on income taxes and states run on state and local taxes.

Since the new House is calling for smaller government, let give it to them. Eliminate their jobs, medical coverage and retirement would same how much money in the long run?

House members are just a booth itch for the country and need to be eliminated. Certainly not problem solvers or whatever their job is. Do they really need to be paid a salary? This should be a voluntary program only. House of Representative is just another entitlement program that need to be eliminated.

These members, like Senator John Kerry who is estimated to be the richest man in Congress being worth nearly a quarter of a billion dollars, or Representative Jane Harman who is estimated to be worth $225 million dollars, continue to receive a paycheck and a pension plan out of the taxpayer’s dollars
CONGRESS PENSIONS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE COSTING YOU? | Truth-It

“Where are the jobs the Republican congress promised us!?! (after the rich got their tax breaks) They haven't passed ONE piece of legislatio*n to create jobs yet! It's almost as if they're trying to keep unemployme*nt high. Hmmmm”
Where are all those jobs The NEW REPUBLICAN CONGRESS promised us if the RICH GOT TAX BREAK EXTENSIONS? - Yahoo! Answers
Better to get rid of the senate, they are the ones that are doing nothing but blocking everything coming from the house and not doing their jobs. The house is actually doing its job but idiots like you keep wanting to blame them.

In order to cut government spending and balance the budget and create a smaller government. They are a useless bunch of freeloaders anyway. Eliminating the House would save in paying their salaries, medical coverage and outrageous retirement. Let the Senate and the president run the federal government and Governors run the state government without any help or interference from the federal government. We all have to make sacrifices and it should start with those calling for sacrifices, smaller and less government involvement. Why do we need a House and Senate anyway? Let the Senate and the federal government run on income taxes and states run on state and local taxes.

Since the new House is calling for smaller government, let give it to them. Eliminate their jobs, medical coverage and retirement would same how much money in the long run?

House members are just a booth itch for the country and need to be eliminated. Certainly not problem solvers or whatever their job is. Do they really need to be paid a salary? This should be a voluntary program only. House of Representative is just another entitlement program that need to be eliminated.

These members, like Senator John Kerry who is estimated to be the richest man in Congress being worth nearly a quarter of a billion dollars, or Representative Jane Harman who is estimated to be worth $225 million dollars, continue to receive a paycheck and a pension plan out of the taxpayer’s dollars

“Where are the jobs the Republican congress promised us!?! (after the rich got their tax breaks) They haven't passed ONE piece of legislatio*n to create jobs yet! It's almost as if they're trying to keep unemployme*nt high. Hmmmm”
Where are all those jobs The NEW REPUBLICAN CONGRESS promised us if the RICH GOT TAX BREAK EXTENSIONS? - Yahoo! Answers
Better to get rid of the senate, they are the ones that are doing nothing but blocking everything coming from the house and not doing their jobs. The house is actually doing its job but idiots like you keep wanting to blame them.

The Senate is just saving us from mob rule. The TP House members have pledged their allegiance to a piece of paper other than the Constitution. :cuckoo:

The one thing that intrigued me about this site is that there would be an open and tolerant discussion on todays problems and observations. I dont see any reason for calling someone a moron or anything else for their view on things. That is one of the basic freedoms of this country. Free Speech and freedom to express ones view. I think we could all stand to be a little more tolerant of those opinions we disagree with.

What do you feel repeatedly ignoring facts and history should be attributed too abelieveau?

ooooooooooooo, now who is that is ANTI-GOVERNEMNT?

poor babies must not like the fact the Republicans be fighting AGAINST the boyking.

I bet they were calling for this when the Democrats had control...:lol::lol::lol:

Calling far less government is ANTI-GOVERNMENT.
GOP in control is what scares the crap out of me. When Democrats was in control they were not trying to destory the country and calling for smaller government and less governemnt control and asking the poor to make sacrifices for the Fat Cats and live within their means.:eusa_hand:

Uh huh. And the House was just fine with you, when Pelosi rammed through one crooked spending bill after another. I hate to break it to you, but we have this little thing called a "constitution". You remember that quaint little document from oh, about 5th grade civics, don't you? No? Skipping school again, were you? Well, we have one, and it is the supreme law of the land, and I'm afraid it provides for having two houses of congress (the House and the Senate) regardless of which party controls either or both, so sorry but we can't just abolish one, because YOU don't like the party which won control of it last.

No one is suggesting ignoring any facts we are all individuals here with as many opinions as people in this country. I am only suggesting that we don't need to resort to name calling because of a difference of opinion isnt that what this site is about.

For instance just because I don't like what you just said to me should I call you an idiot, jerk or something worse. You have a right to say what you feel and even if I dont like it - it is still you right.

Let's see, hummm, LOL would keep the EPA and the ATF and the Energy dept and and several hundred redundant federal bureaucracies but she would eliminate the US House of Representatives (at gunpoint?) because she disagrees with the agenda of the current majority. I rest my case about liberals.

ooooooooooooo, now who is that is ANTI-GOVERNEMNT?

poor babies must not like the fact the Republicans be fighting AGAINST the boyking.

I bet they were calling for this when the Democrats had control...:lol::lol::lol:

Calling far less government is ANTI-GOVERNMENT.
GOP in control is what scares the crap out of me. When Democrats was in control they were not trying to destory the country and calling for smaller government and less governemnt control and asking the poor to make sacrifices for the Fat Cats and live within their means.:eusa_hand:
When the dimwits were in charge they just tried to spend us into oblivion. You idiots on the left keep trying to defend that and fail miserably, idiots.

The Senate is just saving us from mob rule. The TP House members have pledged their allegiance to a piece of paper other than the Constitution. :cuckoo:
Bullshit lies get you nowhere. The senate is far from keeping this country from falling into chaos, more like pushing, which is pretty much what they and obamaturd want. The tea party follows the constitution a hell of alot more than the dimwits do!!

No insult intended but you are out of your fucking mind.

Forum List

Back