Eliminate "No-Fault Divorce" To Strengthen Marriage and Discourage Gay Marriage

No, but YOU are.

Oh? And you know this how? Have we discussed anything except gay marriage and no-fault divorce?

You reek of it.

LMAO!! One topic tells you all you need to know?

Its funny, but I guess you need to be able to label folks rather than discussing the issues.

I'm pro-gun, pro-Fair Tax Act, anti-big gov't, and pro-civil rights (which was a Republican project first).

But since I'm pro-gay marriage I am automatically a liberal?

I'm a christian, a hunter, and good ol' southern guy. Yeah, we get called "liberal" all the time.

But based on my opinion gays should be able to have the same benefits in the long term commitments, you know my entire political belief system?

No, what you have here is an inability to debate or discuss, so you decide to try and make it about conservative v. liberal. If that is any indication of your beliefs, you make a great social conservative. But social conservatism has more in common with liberalism than with classic conservatism.

Go lie to a woman; at least there would be some point to that.

Oh, so its not what you thought, so it must be a lie? lol

Go back through the thread. Several times I have suggested that the gov't shouldn't be involved in the marriage business at all. Does that sound liberal?

If you want to go through your life with blinders on to whatever doesn't fit your first impression, and keep your mind closed, then have at it.

But don't claim you know shit. You don't know jack about me, but you claim to know plenty. That speaks volumes.

The best way to reduce divorce rates and to discourage gay marriage is to bring back "no fault divorce" laws. Cheating on your wife or husband is a "breach of contract" and the guilty party should be held liable and forced to pay damages.

The promise of sexual exclusivity (fidelity) is a very important part of marriage. This needs to be clearly written into all civil marriage contracts and enforced by the divorce courts. Marriage is about rights and responsibilities to each other. Modern society has taken all of the responsibility out of marriage. If people were held accountable for their actions, we would see much fewer divorces and much fewer gay men would be interested in marriage.

Wow, small government legislating people's lives. Nice. Kinda expected from the Christian Taliban.

Republicans have never believed in small government. It takes a lot of people to police women's vaginas.

The best way to reduce divorce rates and to discourage gay marriage is to bring back "no fault divorce" laws. Cheating on your wife or husband is a "breach of contract" and the guilty party should be held liable and forced to pay damages.

The promise of sexual exclusivity (fidelity) is a very important part of marriage. This needs to be clearly written into all civil marriage contracts and enforced by the divorce courts. Marriage is about rights and responsibilities to each other. Modern society has taken all of the responsibility out of marriage. If people were held accountable for their actions, we would see much fewer divorces and much fewer gay men would be interested in marriage.

Wow, small government legislating people's lives. Nice. Kinda expected from the Christian Taliban.

Republicans have never believed in small government. It takes a lot of people to police women's vaginas.

And it's not like we're Michelle Duggar, with plenty of room for all of 'em.

The Duggars built extra rooms. Don't bash the Duggars. I fully expected some sort of scandal to come from that family, but the only thing anyone has on them is they keep popping them out. No scandals, no kids running off to pose naked, or crotch shots as they get out of limos at the latest night club event, no sex scandals, no rehabs.

But they do spend an awful lot of time trying to do good things in their community. In fact:

Duggar sons help save girl, 6, in car accident - TODAY News - Heroes & Angels - TODAY.com

Turns out they're damn good people. Don't like their religiously fueled politics, but hey, they have a right to believe what they want to believe.

Dont know why I feel the need to defend them so vehemently ( this is not the first time I've done so ) maybe it's because ai was so ready to see them fall when I first learned of them.

Last edited:

The Duggars built extra rooms. Don't bash the Duggars. I fully expected some sort of scandal to come from that family, but the only thing anyone has on them is they keep popping them out. No scandals, no kids running off to pose naked, or crotch shots as they get out of limos at the latest night club event, no sex scandals, no rehabs.

But they do spend an awful lot of time trying to do good things in their community. In fact:

Duggar sons help save girl, 6, in car accident - TODAY News - Heroes & Angels - TODAY.com

Turns out they're damn good people. Don't like their religiously fueled politics, but hey, they have a right to believe what they want to believe.

Dont know why I feel the need to defend them so vehemently ( this is not the first time I've done so ) maybe it's because ai was so ready to see them fall when I first learned of them.

I wasn't. It was a vagina = clown car joke.

What's a "Dugger"?

What's a "Dugger"?

It's a small town in Utah.

No, really; I don't know where they live, but they have I think 20 kids.

Then don't cheat, garyganu; then don't marry a gay, garyganu; and stop wasting space with this stupidity.

I am still wondering how eliminating NoFault divorce will be in the best interest of a free society?

It wouldn’t – again, it’s rightwing reactionary idiocy.

Eliminate "No-Fault Divorce" To Strengthen Marriage and Discourage Gay Marriage
Eliminating no-fault divorce would also have no effect on same-sex couples accessing marriage law, since the law would be applied to everyone equally.

And why is that? (By the way, don't forget women can be gay, too).

Most gay men do not practice sexual fidelity with their significant other. This is not consistent with the traditional definition of marriage. Lesbians usually do honor sexual exclusivity. Therefore traditional marriage is different from gay unions which are different from lesbian unions.

Don't you agree?

Forum List

Back