Eliminate ATF?

Nix ATF?

• Get rid of it and replace it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we need it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Like there are taxes on cigarettes and whiskey! Haven't you ever heard of the Whiskey Rebellion?

There are laws preventing a shotgun being cut down to a pistol, so it can be hidden. There are all kinds of laws pertaining to weapons, go to the NFA site and find out!

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there's no law against making a pistol a shotgun. Ever heard of the Judge? What's the difference? If I can make my own beer, why can't I make my own whiskey?

Figure it out! What about George Washington and the Whiskey Repellion? Has it ever occurred to you right-wingers that you are obligated to follow the law?

The ATF is noting but another revenue arm of the fucking government.

The A and the T standing for alcohol and tobacco; the agency's main concern is that taxes on those two things get collected.

Get rid of it. As far as I'm concerned people should be able to smoke and drink without the fucking government picking their pockets

So you support cheating on taxes. I wonder if I can give you a neg today?

My initial inclination is to keep it. I suppose its one of those things that I've never put serious thought into if its needed or if its functions could be carried out more effectively by other departments.

Alcohol - There is still moonshine out there.

Tobacco - There are still illegal cigarettes sold by the mafia

Firearms - Would you want gansters to start carrying Thompson Machine Guns again and a host of other restricted weapons? What about gun trafficing inside the United States and guns sent to Mexico. The FBI doesn't deal with that.
Pure fearmongering.

My initial inclination is to keep it. I suppose its one of those things that I've never put serious thought into if its needed or if its functions could be carried out more effectively by other departments.

Alcohol - There is still moonshine out there.

Tobacco - There are still illegal cigarettes sold by the mafia

Firearms - Would you want gansters to start carrying Thompson Machine Guns again and a host of other restricted weapons? What about gun trafficing inside the United States and guns sent to Mexico. The FBI doesn't deal with that.
Pure fearmongering.

You right-wingers are just full of bullshit. All these agencies were created to address obvious problems, but you anachist types are never looking for solutions. The people of America aren't like you and they don't care about your childish opinions.

The A and the T standing for alcohol and tobacco; the agency's main concern is that taxes on those two things get collected.

Get rid of it. As far as I'm concerned people should be able to smoke and drink without the fucking government picking their pockets

I thought the IRS was the tax collection agency of the government. How many redundant agencies do we need?

OOOOH aren't you the scary guy giving out neg reps.

You're fucking pathetic.

I thought the IRS was the tax collection agency of the government. How many redundant agencies do we need?

You're fucking pathetic.

The FBI and the ATF are part of the Justice Department, which is involved in crimes against US law. Do you see Congress trying to change US law? That ought to tell you something.

You're fucking pathetic.

The FBI and the ATF are part of the Justice Department, which is involved in crimes against US law. Do you see Congress trying to change US law? That ought to tell you something.

the fucking government assessing so called sin taxes is bullshit and collecting them with armed force is unnecessary.

Funny how you want to end violence all over the world woth your magic wand and fairy dust but you're perfectly happy with government force and violence.

But then again no amount of force is enough for you to make sure people do what you tell them to do right?

Face it are a fucking control freak and will never be happy if everyone else isn't forced to behave in the way you deem acceptable.

Like I said you're fucking pathetic.

Last edited:
So people should make moonshine

I have no problem with people making their own beverages. I know several guys that make their own beer, a few that make their own wine. No problem at all. We do not need government regulation of alcohol production.

If anyone buys something without paying their state's sales tax, that's a problem for the seller, not the buyer. Again, no federal agency is required.

Since they are going to have automatic weapons, they can do what they want.

We have virtually zero problem with automatic weapons used in crimes. If someone does harm another with anything, there are laws, cops, and courts for that. Once again, no federal agency is required.

I say shut them down. Regulation of alcohol, tobacco, firearms...or Twinkies should be a state issue.

We aren't talking about people making beer and wine. We are talking about moonshine, which is obviously illegal.

Why should it be? Alcohol is alcohol, regardless of the form in which it's made. We don't need the feds for beer and wine, but we do for booze? Make NO sense.

In every activity that the ATF involves itself in it's a matter of violating the federal laws.

Federal laws that should not exist.

Next.

ATF and FBI are part of the Department of Justice.

So what?

It doesn't matter if you have that far right-wing ideology against the federal government. Those laws exist for good reasons.

I disagree and wonder why you're unable to articulate that reason...

But hey, if I call you a fucking scumbag nanny state suck up that loves to neg rep people, doesn't that bolster my argument? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back