Elie Wiesel to Romney, Mormons: Don't baptize dead Jews

The Mormon Church has already apologized, and it has jack shit to do with Romney... since he's not the head of the Mormon Church.

Lil bit o' fail going on there.

not really. he's a member of the church and the most public face of the church. it seems it's something he should speak out on.

you may not find the practice offensive, but i can tell you that the thought of anne frank having been baptized by the mormon church is pretty awful, well, at least to me.

Im surprised that you'd acknoledge Mormon authority to effect the status of someone's salvation in the afterlife. It's not a position I see very often outside of the Church.

I sure hope Wiesel took this up with Harry Reid when Reid was the most public face of the church.

Oh wait, I don't really.

Catholic politicians don't dictate to Rome. Mormon politicians don't dictate to Salt Lake. If they did, then they'd start being as alarming as people like Huckabee and Santorum.

No, Mormon politicians don't dictate to Salt Lake. Salt Lake dictates to Mormon politicians. They just don't do it publically.

Which one of Harry Reid's policies, many of which Mitt Romney opposes, did the Church dictate to him? And why on earth are they dictating different policies to different mormon politicians?

If this country respects santeria and killing a goat in the garage to please the gods, then what the Mormons do to the memories of dead people isn't so bad.

Mormons aren't doing anything to the memories of dead people.

If this country respects santeria and killing a goat in the garage to please the gods, then what the Mormons do to the memories of dead people isn't so bad.

Nobody who is a member of Santaria is running for President.

And actually, I do consider what the Mormons do is worse. Take, for instance, Mitt Romney's father in law. The guy was a scientists and an atheist. He had no use for religious hokum. So really, he'd have never agreed to be baptized as a Mormon when alive.

So why do it when he's dead.

Do Mormons really think God is going to take dead atheists out of the "Outer Darkness" (which is where the bad people go when they did in LDS beliefs.) and let them into the Celestial Heaven (the really good Heaven only the Mormons get into)?

You say things like this and you wonder why you get accused of being totally ignorant of mormonism.

Do you know a single thing about the afterlife as taught in modern scripture?

not really. he's a member of the church and the most public face of the church. it seems it's something he should speak out on.

you may not find the practice offensive, but i can tell you that the thought of anne frank having been baptized by the mormon church is pretty awful, well, at least to me.

The thought of women murdering unborn children is pretty awful to me. Priorities, I guess.

Not to me. that's between them and their god or goddess.

And between you and yours. Because their blood will likewise be on your hands.

Morms believe that Christianity isn't complete, that Jesus dying on a cross doesn't give you eternal life. There;s actually quite a lot more to this but not worth the time to type it for the rw's to say it doesn't matter.

Especially when what you've said is a complete lie.

Anyway, inside their temples, there is a big bathtub thing, about the size of a hot tub. A group of volunteers stands around it, waiting for names to baptize. The volunteer is actually a proxy for the dead person.

It's called a baptismal font, not "a big bathtub thing". And it's quite a bit bigger than a hot tub. But oddly enough, you got the last part right.

For Jews like Wiesel, knowing that his parents were the subject of this insult, its like antisemitism from beyond their own graves.

Do you have any idea what anti-semitism is? Just wondering. Because last time I checked, giving people and opportunity to accept a gift or not isn't anti anything.

I'm atheist. I don't really care what happens to my body once I finish with it. But I also respect the wishes of Jews and anyone else who does not want to be used in such a low manner. Its just another way of saying Judaism doesn't matter to the rest of us.

No one does anything to anyone's body "after [they] finish with it."

Nor does helping someone say that someone doesn't matter to us. Quite the opposite.

You rw's are about to turn into pretzels trying to make this okay but if it were a Dem insulting other religions and disrespecting Holocaust survivors in this way, you'd be right out in front condemning them at the top of your screechy lungs. Shame on you for not bothering to educate yourself before you decide this screwy and dangerous cult is just nifty to have in our White House.

No one is insulting anyone. And Dems insult other religions and disrespect Holocaust survivors all the time.

Shame that someone lecturing others to educate others remains so ignorant of the subject he's lecturing about.

Do Mormons really think God is going to take dead atheists out of the "Outer Darkness" (which is where the bad people go when they did in LDS beliefs.) and let them into the Celestial Heaven (the really good Heaven only the Mormons get into)?

You say things like this and you wonder why you get accused of being totally ignorant of mormonism.

Guy, I've had several of your fellow cultists scream at me that I'll go to the "Outer Darkness" for pointing out what a steaming pile of manure your cult is. I've also gotten compared to Arihor, who strikes me as the only interesting character in the Book of Mormon.

Frankly, I don't much care about what the mythologies teach about "the afterlife". When you bring me back scientically measurable proof, then I'll take it seriously

Elie Wiesel to Romney, Mormons: Don't baptize dead Jews

Holocaust survivor and Nobel Prize winner Elie Wiesel on Tuesday called on Mitt Romney to tell the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to stop doing proxy baptisms in the names of dead Jews, including Holocaust victims such as Wiesel's parents.
<more>

Simple question..... If Mormonism is just a false cult what does it matter if a false religion "proxy" baptizes anything? They do not violate grave sites, people or objects. They preform a ceremony in a temple. Does this mean Jews believe Mormonism is real?

Give it a rest lefties. There aren't many Holocaust survivors left who remember FDR's legacy of ignoring German concentration camps and preventing Jews from entering the US when they were desperate to leave Germany before the war. The bottom line is that Mormon baptisms are nothing compared to the systemic democrat party anti-semitism over the last forty years. Former democrat president Jimmie "peanut man" Carter is a perfect example.

Guy, I've had several of your fellow cultists scream at me that I'll go to the "Outer Darkness" for pointing out what a steaming pile of manure your cult is. I've also gotten compared to Arihor, who strikes me as the only interesting character in the Book of Mormon.

Frankly, I don't much care about what the mythologies teach about "the afterlife". When you bring me back scientically measurable proof, then I'll take it seriously

Yet, you dont comprehend that it's impossible for someone who has never had a testimony of the Gospel to go to out darkness.

And there is no one named Arihor in the Book of Mormon. You really know nothing about Mormonism do you?

Give it a rest lefties. There aren't many Holocaust survivors left who remember FDR's legacy of ignoring German concentration camps and preventing Jews from entering the US when they were desperate to leave Germany before the war. The bottom line is that Mormon baptisms are nothing compared to the systemic democrat party anti-semitism over the last forty years. Former democrat president Jimmie "peanut man" Carter is a perfect example.
Yet, Jews continue to vote Democratic.

So do blacks, only proves the dems are damn fine liars.

To many Jews their politics are more important than heritage/religion. It's true for people in all groups. Nothing wrong with that per se.

Yet, you dont comprehend that it's impossible for someone who has never had a testimony of the Gospel to go to out darkness.

And there is no one named Arihor in the Book of Mormon. You really know nothing about Mormonism do you?

Ooops, sorry, spelled it wrong.

Korihor... That was the name. Had to look that one up. He was someone who doubted God, and God killed him, because that's what a sensible, totally not insecure God does.

SABOM, Alma 30

Whatever you bizarre beliefs are, I kind of don't care. I think the person who said I would go to the Outer Darkness concluded I was an Ex-Mormon because of the level of viritrol I have for your weird-ass cult.

I think you mistake anti-Zionism for anti-Semitism.

For a lot of American Jews, Zionism has become about as embarrassing as the crazy uncle who starts screaming about Hitler at your bat-Mitzvah. ("Uncle Moshe, you're embarassing me in front of my friends.....whiiiiiiiiine.")

Which is why the Zionists have repackaged the product. They don't care so much about Amrican Jews, who are happy with a good life where no one tries to blow them up, they pitch to the Funditards who think Israel has to be there so Jay-a-zus can come back and settle all the scores.

Forum List

Back