Eli vs Peyton

Theismann got one SB ring for the Super Bowl win over the Dolphins..................

In comparing the two brothers, there is no way statistically that Eli is in his brothers league. When you look at yardage thrown, TDs to Ints, QB ratings and four league MVPs, Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time.

But Peyton has always had teams he could not beat. In College, he could not beat Florida. Spurrier got in his head. In the pros, he could not beat New England. Bill B had his number.

For a dozen years, Indianapolis was a favored team to win at the start of the season. Once the playoffs started, the Colts were almost always a top seed and favored to win. Peyton never seemed to come up big.

Eli and the Giants were never favored to win anything. Eli came up big in big games and carried teams that were far from great to two championships. Where Peyton has been an underachiever with the teams he played for, Eli has been an overachiever

Eli also has something Peyton doesn't........Historic wins
Beating an 18-0 team with a last second game winning drive is perhaps the most historic win in all of football
Repeating it against the same team is also historic.

There is no single win in Peytons career where he had a monster drive in a huge game to win. No unbelievable play where he came up big in crunch time.

In the Manning gene pool, Peyton got most of the raw talent. Eli got most of the heart.
I rank QB's by Super Bowl wins.

Numbers don't mean a damn thing, b/c no one mentions them until someone breaks them.

Eli has 2 rings his brother has one. Eli is twice the QB his brother is.

So Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino? Please call me when you find another person on earth that agrees with you.

In comparing the two brothers, there is no way statistically that Eli is in his brothers league. When you look at yardage thrown, TDs to Ints, QB ratings and four league MVPs, Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time.

But Peyton has always had teams he could not beat. In College, he could not beat Florida. Spurrier got in his head. In the pros, he could not beat New England. Bill B had his number.

For a dozen years, Indianapolis was a favored team to win at the start of the season. Once the playoffs started, the Colts were almost always a top seed and favored to win. Peyton never seemed to come up big.

Eli and the Giants were never favored to win anything. Eli came up big in big games and carried teams that were far from great to two championships. Where Peyton has been an underachiever with the teams he played for, Eli has been an overachiever

Eli also has something Peyton doesn't........Historic wins
Beating an 18-0 team with a last second game winning drive is perhaps the most historic win in all of football
Repeating it against the same team is also historic.

There is no single win in Peytons career where he had a monster drive in a huge game to win. No unbelievable play where he came up big in crunch time.

In the Manning gene pool, Peyton got most of the raw talent. Eli got most of the heart.

Numbers don't mean a damn thing, b/c no one mentions them until someone breaks them.

So Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino? Please call me when you find another person on earth that agrees with you.

Dan couldn't win the big one, and he had a few chances.

He failed, again and again, so yeah, he's behind Trent.

LOL!

I get considering SB rings important, but putting them so far ahead of everything else in this team sport is ridiculous, IMO.

You know who will disagree with you (besides everyone)? Trent Dilfer.

Football=team sport. Give it some thought.

Marino is the poster boy for Chokacola.

If the leader of the team doesn't keep it together, when it really counts, his team fails around him.

Rather Marino and Peyton are poster children for the prevalent theory that great teams beat great players the greater amount of the time.

Marino is the poster boy for Chokacola.

If the leader of the team doesn't keep it together, when it really counts, his team fails around him.

So the 38 points given up by the defense are Marino's fault? Montana's 300+ yards passing and the Niner's 200+ yards rushing are Marino's fault?

Again, I understand putting importance on championship wins. However, saying Dilfer was a better QB than Marino is ridiculous, if not simply insane. :lol:

Forum List

Back