Eleven Saudi princes detained following protest: Report

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
RIYADH: Saudi authorities have detained 11 princes after they gathered at a royal palace in Riyadh in a rare protest against austerity measures that included suspending payment of their utility bills, Saudi media reported on Saturday.
Saudi officials did not respond immediately to a request for a comment on the report.

Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter, has introduced reforms that included cutting subsidies, introducing value added tax (VAT) and cutting perks to royal family members to try to cope with a drop in crude prices that has caused a budget deficit estimated at 195 billion riyals in 2018.

Online news website sabq.org said the princes had gathered at the Qasr a-Hokm, a historic royal palace, demanding the cancellation of a royal decree that stopped state payment of water and electricity bills for royal family members.

They were also demanding compensation for a death sentence issued against a relative, Sabq.org said.
Eleven Saudi princes detained following protest: Report - Times of India

It's early. I haven't had enough coffee. I had a picture in my head of 11 men outside of the palace with big signs chanting, "Hell no, we won't go." Also, ok, you can kill him, just pay us.

th

Eleven princes? How many damn princes does a country require? They're so broke they can't pay their own damn utility bills? If their relative was given a death sentence from the government what makes them think they deserve any compensation and why is the money more important to these 'princes(ses)' than said relatives life?

It's bad enough that we have this attitude at the employees at the federal level of the government but this entitlement mentality appears to have infected our state and local employees also.

*****SMILE*****

:)

fyi There are several thousand Saudi princes. .... :cool:

I came across the number 1500 for royalty and I think that was everyone included; but that number seems kind of low.

I came across the number 1500 for royalty and I think that was everyone included; but that number seems kind of low.
Many sources say there are 15,000 Saudi princes. I kinda believe that number.

I have personally meet two of them. They have a ton of money, and can buy anything they want. Really nice friendly people. ..... :cool:

Eleven princes? How many damn princes does a country require? They're so broke they can't pay their own damn utility bills? If their relative was given a death sentence from the government what makes them think they deserve any compensation and why is the money more important to these 'princes(ses)' than said relatives life?

I don't know if it's a requirement. They just can't figure out how to cut that out. TBH-I also don't know if the person was killed or was seeking compensation for having been given a death sentence to begin with.

It's fantastic that with all of the wealth in Saudi Arabia that they have the poverty they do. Not that that kicking off the large number of royalty on the dole indicates the money would go to the people; indeed, it will only happen so that those profits go to the group of people that don't need it.

Many sources say there are 15,000 Saudi princes. I kinda believe that number.

I have personally meet two of them. They have a ton of money, and can buy anything they want. Really nice friendly people. ..... :cool:

You can be a rich prince and still be nice.

Have you ever seen Fluffy's show in Saudi Arabia?

بسم الله الرحمـن الرحيم

والصلاة والسلام على رسوله الكريم

والعاقبة للمتّقين​

The Saudi dynasty will soon collapse, its only a matter of time. Wait till Salman dies, MBS will never ascend the throne without a civil war, I guarantee you. MBS is the devil incarnate. He is trying to supress Islam but he can never win a war against God himself. Soon our Mahdi will appear and then the Saudi government will be sorry! The Yemeni Huthis and Afghan Taliban are both racing to Mecca. I don’t know who will get there first, but come, come we are waiting for you. Expel all Europeans and foreign Kafirs. They have profaned Arabia long enough. I am proud to be xenophobic.

Forum List

Back