Elephants save baby elephant from drowning!

I like Elephants, I can't see killing them. They're so smart and trainable!

However there a couple of things around here that are ivory and I used to have a piano from 1912.

Last edited:
This is so amazing. I love these animals. Elephants are my favorite of the large wild animals. They are so intelligent. Watch how they work together to save the baby elephant who fell into the pool and was drowning.

I love the baby elephants, so adorable.

cute-baby-elephants-50-5902071911e92__700.jpg

Not forgetting the Heffalumps I love them also :smile:

latest

However there a couple of things around here that are ivory and I used to have a piano from 1912.

Trainable? These animals belong in their natural habitats, not being "trained" for our entertainment, arrogant human!

If I could afford it, I'd raise some. :p

Not like a circus, just as pets.

Trainable? These animals belong in their natural habitats, not being "trained" for our entertainment, arrogant human!

Well, try putting yourself in the shoes of the animal (or hooves or whatever the case may be!), and someone takes you away from your home, your family, your friends and keeps you as their pet! These animals are not like dogs. They are independent wild animals. That's why sometimes they go nuts in captivity.

Well, try putting yourself in the shoes of the animal (or hooves or whatever the case may be!), and someone takes you away from your home, your family, your friends and keeps you as their pet! These animals are not like dogs. They are independent wild animals. That's why sometimes they go nuts in captivity.

It has to be done right. :p

I was with you until you got to "trainable." That said, the possibility that domestication may be all that saves elephants from extinction isn't lost on me.

I was with you until you got to "trainable." That said, the possibility that domestication may be all that saves elephants from extinction isn't lost on me.

Let's hope not, but with so many people invading their habitat and poachers killing them, and probably a host of other things caused by humans (like poisons used to kill weeds or whatever), then it is very likely. That is very sad.

I remember going to see this elephant as a little kid at a local park. It was inside a barn with it's leg chained. I remember standing there in the barn and getting kind of nervous, thinking that if he or she got really rambunctious, it could easily break that chain and stampede us to death! :ack-1: I got out of there quickly. Anyways, it was really cruel to see the animal chained like that. I didn't enjoy seeing it that way and I found the image quite disturbing as a child. If these kinds of animals are to be kept in captivity, then the environment they are kept in should be as close to their natural environment as it can get.

Forum List

Back