Elena Kagan Passes the Senate

Doom and Gloom! Civil war coming! Death and Destruction! AND ITS ALL THE DEMOCRATS FAULT!!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!

I saw the original in 2009, the remakes are never as good. :popcorn:
Well, you know it's not every day you get a wise latina's impersonation of Hugo Black on the court. And now we get an unqualified progressive activist on the court.

Sunny days are here again like they haven't been since the 1930's!

And if P-BO's REALLY lucky... something unexpected.... DUN Dun dunnnnnnn could happen to a conservative and get the court really twisted over radically!

Woo Hoo!

Dear God, what a sad day.
Yeah....how shocking to hear that....you know, with "conservatives'" tendency to start blubbering, when they don't go-their-way.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]YouTube - ‪Right America Feeling Wronged pt1‬‎[/ame]​
Interesting seeing the people of Western PA saying that they, not city people, are the backbone of America. No doubt, those same people back BP [corporations] over the people of the Gulf Coast.

HISTORY was made today.
Other than it being the first time ever to have 3 women on SCOTUS... How was history made? We've had non-judges on there before. Playing softball doesn't make Kagen gay. But it is just another example of this being the most unqualified administration ever assembled.

HISTORY was made today.
news flash for ya buddy, history is made EVERY day
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92.gif

HISTORY was made today.
Other than it being the first time ever to have 3 women on SCOTUS... How was history made? We've had non-judges on there before. Playing softball doesn't make Kagen gay. But it is just another example of this being the most unqualified administration ever assembled.
....And, we're STILL Winnin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What's that say about TEABAGGERS??!!!
532.gif
)

^^ Clearly that's the most important qualification. That a justice be a woman and/or a minority. Oh I take that back, we remember what happened the last time a black man was nominated....

^^ Clearly that's the most important qualification. That a justice be a woman and/or a minority. Oh I take that back, we remember what happened the last time a black man was nominated....

yeah, someone totally and wholly unqualified to sit on the bench was confirmed.

were you whining about the white catholic men that bush put on the bench?

Some of you are acting like the Court changed or something. :lol:

Kagan is no Stevens, whether she will get there time will show. I have no idea. But as far as how she will likely vote? You'll never notice the difference.

Loving the talking points though. It's been one of those days and I needed a laugh. :thup:

I agree.

Barry Boy replaced on liberal judge with another possble liberal judge. No one seems to know how Kagan will vote on amything.

Only tiime will tell on that one.

Judges should be elected and/or have term limits ... time for an amendment.

The court polarizes all the more. Not surprised.

The peaceful roads to repairing this nation are swiftly closing.

it has been polarized as long as it has been in existence...don't forget the court packing days....when the executive branch tried to take over the judicial branch

Judges should be elected and/or have term limits ... time for an amendment.
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont fuck with the system
you think its bad now, get politics more involved in the judiciary

agreed...with that said....i like cali's system of both appointed and elected at the lower court levels....balances the system the out....but not at the scotus level, no way, no how....i know cali votes theirs in for 12, however, making state sct decisions is vastly different that scotus decisions

The court polarizes all the more. Not surprised.

The peaceful roads to repairing this nation are swiftly closing.

it has been polarized as long as it has been in existence...don't forget the court packing days....when the executive branch tried to take over the judicial branch
Kagan may turn out to not be as liberal as the person she is replacing

time will tell

Forum List

Back