Electric vehicles, future development and the 2016 election

OPEC lowered the price of gas in order to elect a Republican?? Based on what, that some idiot NYTimes writer said so??

Wow

I see you owning an interest in a Nigerian diamond mine

We can't know what created the lower price of oil, but cartels act in their own best interest, something even a wackadoodle like you should know. In fact prices have risen of late, maybe because the Cartel has concluded the R's are going to get tossed under the bus come November.

Actually, we know what caused the lower prices: it's the death of the Fake "Peak Oil" Narrative. Saudi Arabia's economic War is driving down price and US Fracking is multiplying supply

. And it left consumers confused and disappointed with the CFL product that they received because it never made it to maturity on cost or reliability..

Huh?

I have CFLs running all over the house now. I would eventually replace them with LEDs, but the damn CFLs never quit. Reliability can be categorized as "freakin' amazing".

And cost? They're like a dollar now. That's why LED acceptance is slow, because the CFLs are so cheap.

Gas mileage mandates brought you the CHEATING and Emissions scandals that are now unraveling.. The govt is not even capable of MONITORING and measuring the engineering solutions that they sign off on. Thus you get Mitsubishi cheating on mileage and VW cheating on emissions to get ACCEPTABLE vehicle performance BACK from the hobbling they had to do to MEET MANDATES !!

Cherrypicking fallacy. Ignore the hundreds of success stories, focus on the few failures.

Well let's have a reality run-off here with antecdotes. I placed 2 CFLs in the staircase down to our finished basement (actually very nice space with plenty of windows) -- about 3 years ago. ONE of the bulbs quit 6 months ago. They BARELY fit into the fixture.

And you could BREAK YOUR FREAKING neck running downstairs with the 1/3 dim light you get out of those for MINUTES after you turn them on.. Don't need stair lights that take 3 minutes to go bright. You want the rest of mine?

Let's ALL pick cherries. Or mercury dipped cherries if you prefer.. These were a PASSING fad. They will not be around to see their technology or sales peak -- and they WASTED enormous amounts of development money and resources just to COMPLY with the fantasies of the regulators..

By pushing MANDATES -- you get SUB-OPTIMAL solutions, that just waste money, manufacturing efficiency and consumer money. .Like those god awful Compact fluorescents that should have WAITED for LEDs

Horrible, how those CFLs saved so much money and energy. And how the LEDs saved even more, and their development was were accelerated by those mandates. Were you trying to show how successful such mandates are?

Gas mileage mandates gave your IC vehicle the more efficient engine it has now. That would have happened far more slowly without the mandates. Again, thank those mandates for saving you money and creating a better product.

And by MANDATING EV sales NOW -- the govt is gonna be actually RETARDING other technologies that COULD be far more efficient and environmentally friendly. Like Fuel Cell run on hydrogen. In fact, the Korean car companies (and many Japanese car makers) are LEAP-FROGGING the development away from silly battery-charged EVs to Fuel Cell vehicles as we speak.

Speaking of the most stupid technology, hydrogen fuel cells would be it. Nobody wants them, as there's no hydrogen infrastructure, and they're grossly inefficient compared to electric vehicles. Meanwhile, we have a grid that works great, or natgas pipelines for natgas fleet vehicles.

What our grid works great???????

Try plugging in 200 million cars at night and see what happens, not to mention if a huge Solar flare or EMP hits us.

Also call me when your CFL lasts a 100 years plus

Livermore's Centennial Light Bulb

Let's ALL pick cherries

I'd rather point out you're unsuccessfully trying to change the topic from your strange claim that CFLs were a failure brought on by government mandates.

. Or mercury dipped cherries if you prefer.. These were a PASSING fad. They will not be around to see their technology or sales peak -- and they WASTED enormous amounts of development money and resources just to COMPLY with the fantasies of the regulators..

And the evidence you present for that reality-defying claim is ... not there. Same as every other claim you make, in other words.

Meanwhile, I can point to the hardware store to support my claims. High efficiency incandescent bulbs, CFLs and LEDs all available at cheap prices, thanks to the innovation spurred by those mandates.

Let's ALL pick cherries

I'd rather point out you're unsuccessfully trying to change the topic from your strange claim that CFLs were a failure brought on by government mandates.

. Or mercury dipped cherries if you prefer.. These were a PASSING fad. They will not be around to see their technology or sales peak -- and they WASTED enormous amounts of development money and resources just to COMPLY with the fantasies of the regulators..

And the evidence you present for that reality-defying claim is ... not there. Same as every other claim you make, in other words.

Meanwhile, I can point to the hardware store to support my claims. High efficiency incandescent bulbs, CFLs and LEDs all available at cheap prices, thanks to the innovation spurred by those mandates.
~ 6 dollars a bulb 60W bulb at home depot, just looked. Up to 22 dollars for a flood light. The incandescent bulbs were maybe two bucks for four for 60W bulbs that would last years. Yeah that's almost equivalent, not.

Oh, and they fail just like the incandescent bulbs. There isn't a longer life span for them. Now we have mercury to worry about getting rid of. Yep smart choice.

When the Prius first came out, you knownothing dumb shits were predicting that it would be a total flop, and make many statements about what a failure it was. Now every major car line has many hybrids, you have simply transferred your lack of knowledge to EV's. You have to get into the GT 40 Ford, or top end Ferrari's to match the top end 0 to legal limit speed of a great big luxury P90D. Imagine, a big luxury car that can comfortably seat five people running right with the top end extreme sports cars to the legal limit. And it is Made in America. Something which you 'oh so patriotic Conservatives' absolutely hate. In the last decade, we saw a major breakthrough with the lithium battery that made this possible, in the next decade, I think that we will see a battery that will run a Tesla 600 miles on a single charge.

When the Prius first came out, you knownothing dumb shits were predicting that it would be a total flop, and make many statements about what a failure it was. Now every major car line has many hybrids, you have simply transferred your lack of knowledge to EV's. You have to get into the GT 40 Ford, or top end Ferrari's to match the top end 0 to legal limit speed of a great big luxury P90D. Imagine, a big luxury car that can comfortably seat five people running right with the top end extreme sports cars to the legal limit. And it is Made in America. Something which you 'oh so patriotic Conservatives' absolutely hate. In the last decade, we saw a major breakthrough with the lithium battery that made this possible, in the next decade, I think that we will see a battery that will run a Tesla 600 miles on a single charge.

Hmmm...........well, this much knowledge of EV's I do know!!! Sales numbers are laughable!! Is there any other knowledge that matters?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/EV%20sales%202.png.html][/URL]

Do the math s0ns........and you find out that progressives are invariably a bunch of emotional hemophiliacs!!:coffee:

But we conservatives have a disconnect?!!!

Truck sales alone last year = 1.7 million units!!!

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/niallmccarthy/files/2015/01/20150107_CarSales_Fo.jpg

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Laughing%20his.gif.html][/URL]

I keep blowing up the AGW k00ks on a daily basis in here.........but I give them credit for showing up every day!!!

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Laughing%20gif.gif.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Laughing%20gif.gif.html][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/baldaltima/Laughing%20gif.gif[/IMG][/URL]']
']
Laughing%20gif.gif
[/URL]']Who's winning??
Laughing%20gif.gif
[/URL]']
Laughing%20gif.gif
[/URL]']
Laughing%20gif.gif
[/URL]']The knownothing dumshits, that's who!!![/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
Design News - Features - Automakers Jockey for Position in EV Market

Battery-powered electric cars gained momentum at the North American International Auto Show(NAIAS) held in Detroit in January, even as experts wondered whether consumers are ready for the new technology.

A bevy of manufacturers — including Nissan, Ford, Tesla Motors, BYD Auto, CT&T and others — showed off new electric vehicles (EVs) at the show, with some slated for introduction as early as this year. Show officials cordoned off 37,000 sq ft of floor space for the electrics, and even set up a quarter-mile track inside Cobo Center, complete with real pine trees and daffodils where show attendees could test drive the cars amidst a virtual forest. EV battery makers also made appearances, displaying products with lithium-ion, lithium polymer and lithium iron-sulfate chemistries.

"We believe battery systems development is going to be a core competency for Ford in the 21stcentury," said Ford Chairman William Clay Ford, after the automotive giant announced it is bringing its EV battery development in-house.

Such enthusiasm for battery-powered cars contrasted sharply, however, with the strategies of other automakers who are pinning their hopes on hybrids and plug-ins. General Motors reiterated its plans to roll out the Chevy Volt, which combines an internal combustion engine with electric drive technology, by the end of 2010. Toyota, meanwhile, showed off a compact hybrid car and reinforced its commitment to that technology, announcing that it will introduce eight all-new hybrids in the next few years.

"We are really committed to having a hybrid version of every car," a Toyota spokesman toldDesign News.

The next doubling of the energy density of batteries will make the EV a major contendor. And for those with the love of the stop light drag, they will have to have an EV to be competative. 2.8 seconds, 0 to 60 will soon be slow as some of the manufacturers take advantage of the inherent acceleration advantages of an EV. Eat your hearts out, the lump-a-lump ICE are going the way of the one horse carriage.

Which car would you rather be stranded with in a blizzard, an electric or a gasoline powered vehicle?

Seeing a lot of fantasy posts from the religion on this thread.

The sales figures pwn you!!!:2up:

Only mental cases think they are at an advantageous position when total EV sales/year are outdone by two months of sales for Ford F150 trucks alone!!

:blowup::boobies::blowup::boobies::blowup::boobies::blowup::boobies::blowup::boobies::blowup:

Forum List

Back