Electric cigarretes?

Thomas Edison and his Amazing Electric Cigarette

thomas-edison.jpeg

I smoke myself but drink only very small amounts and it is very rare that I drink at all. But I smoke like a chain. It is unhealthy and maybe I will switch to a electric cigarette. Does anyone know if electric cigarettes are really better for your health? They are rather new and probably not truly tested yet.
They can explode in yer face or give you bumps on yer lungs, what a choice...

I smoke myself but drink only very small amounts and it is very rare that I drink at all. But I smoke like a chain. It is unhealthy and maybe I will switch to a electric cigarette. Does anyone know if electric cigarettes are really better for your health? They are rather new and probably not truly tested yet.
They can explode in yer face or give you bumps on yer lungs, what a choice...

They're no more likely to explode than any other device powered by similar batteries. And like any electronic device, they need to be stored and cared for properly. As for your lungs, aside from what I've already mentioned about being choosy which products you use and who's making them, the question to ask here is "Are they more damaging to your lungs than continuing to smoke?" And the answer is no.

Vaping is not as bad for you because it doesn’t contain all the chemicals cigarettes contain, however you are likely to vape more frequently than you smoke, so there’s a double edged sword. The best thing is to get a patch and quit both.

Vaping is not as bad for you because it doesn’t contain all the chemicals cigarettes contain, however you are likely to vape more frequently than you smoke, so there’s a double edged sword. The best thing is to get a patch and quit both.

Patch doesn't work as well, because it does nothing to relieve the urge for the physical activity of smoking. And I don't know that it's possible to "vape more frequently", since it still requires you to stop whatever you're doing and go to a designated area for it. Most places (like work) won't let you vape wherever you want any more than they will let you smoke wherever you want.

Forum List

Back