Electric blankets...

Funny electric blanket story.

We were spending the night at a friends house...and i was ROASTING and turned my side to low. My husband was FREEZING and turned his up all the way! It turns out the controls were on the wrong sides...so i was freezing him and he was roasting me. :lol:

Lol..that is funny (and I've done that).

Electric blankets are a life saver...we lived in a trailer in the shadow of a mountain during a hideously cold winter one year....it was so cold the rivets on the inside had frost on them, and our stove didn't work worth a crap. The whole family camped out under the ONLY electric blanket in the house, in my mom's room, lol. We were only there a couple of months before we moved into a nice, big old house with a ginormous earth stove in it (we didn't even need electricity to stay warm! It was fantastic!). Also had a nice ditch out back off the creek, a hand pump, and an outhouse, so we were set when the PIPES FROZE for two weeks as well.

That winter was a cold bitch, it got in my bones and I didn't lose it until I hit my 40s. Now I'm always too hot.

Forum List

Back