Electric blankets...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Here where I live we had frost for 3 days in a row last week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to be exact. So, what has happened? Out comes the damned electric blanket. The wife has put the electric blanket on the bed and I won't be able to get her to take it off the bed until maybe next May. She puts her side on broil and I never turn my side on but yet it is magically turned on the next morning when I wake up - sweating. I look over at the wife and Nellie, the beagle, both of whom look like somebody needs to stick a fork in 'em and turn them over so they will cook on the other side. The real kicker is that for the last two days the temps have been in the 80's. I believe the person who invented the electric blanket should be given a tar and feather party and promptly run out of town on a rail. Who is in agreement?

Here where I live we had frost for 3 days in a row last week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to be exact. So, what has happened? Out comes the damned electric blanket. The wife has put the electric blanket on the bed and I won't be able to get her to take it off the bed until maybe next May. She puts her side on broil and I never turn my side on but yet it is magically turned on the next morning when I wake up - sweating. I look over at the wife and Nellie, the beagle, both of whom look like somebody needs to stick a fork in 'em and turn them over so they will cook on the other side. The real kicker is that for the last two days the temps have been in the 80's. I believe the person who invented the electric blanket should be given a tar and feather party and promptly run out of town on a rail. Who is in agreement?

I agree with you!

My much better half bought an electric blanket last year. It's funny how it kept tripping the circuit breaker every night.

I keep praying for the well-being of the person who put that outlet on a separate breaker.

I love my electric blanket! I've had one since a kid. The dual controls help, but no way is the warm blooded one not going to be hot. ;)

My Grandma told me they can cause cancer, so I never wanted to use one. I have no idea if it's true, and no desire to debate the topic. I get plenty warm from regular covers. My mom swears by her flannel sheets.

I'm not a fan of electric blankets, but do adore my toasty toes foot warmer at the end of the bed on a cold night.

Why couldn't we all just have one of those buffalo hides like the indians used to use every winter? I think that would be more than enough warmth on a cold winter night.

I love mine....but only if it is really cold! Hate cold sheets!

Cancer? Wonder how it could cause that?

It's been frosting here in the mornings, too. I have my heaters and my air conditioners on at the same time. Once it gets cold, I LOVE my electric blanket. I have to be very careful to remember to turn it down to sleep though or I wake up baked, with a headache the size of Texas. In the winter I like to crank it to high a little bit before bed, then crawl into bed and turn it down to low.

You don't need to add heat if you successfully retain body heat. What's the big deal with throwing on an extra blanket or comforter?

Cuz if it is really cold, I hate to move a foot or leg from warm spot to a cold one. Have electric binky, and no worries. :lol:

Winter time this is on my bed. (still looks new too) My husband hates it, and sleeps on top of it.

blanket-408ce2c8c9c00e6f70857a38ad9f60f4.jpg

Forum List

Back