Electors should demand to see Trump's Tax Returns.

If any Electors are lurking hereabouts. Take this to your leader. To ensure that Trump does not owe money to Russia or any of our enemies, thereby becoming a National Security hazard , I respectfully ask that the EC body demand Trump make his tax returns public. If need be have the vote delayed until such time as necessary to effect a review of trump's taxes by competent public authority. Particular attention should be given to who he owes and his foreign assets.

The Electoral College has no authority to demand anything.

I think it is stupid that Trump voters elected him without Trump being as transparent as all of the other candidates, but Trump got the votes, and the EC will elect him.

Can't use the EC to overturn an election just because we don't like the results of the election.

If any Electors are lurking hereabouts. Take this to your leader. To ensure that Trump does not owe money to Russia or any of our enemies, thereby becoming a National Security hazard , I respectfully ask that the EC body demand Trump make his tax returns public. If need be have the vote delayed until such time as necessary to effect a review of trump's taxes by competent public authority. Particular attention should be given to who he owes and his foreign assets.

I think it is stupid that Trump voters elected him without Trump being as transparent as all of the other candidates, but Trump got the votes, and the EC will elect him.

Can't use the EC to overturn an election just because we don't like the results of the election.

The authority of the EC is vested in their unchallenged ability to vote as they wish. But what purpose does that body serve if not as a safety valve to prevent the installation of a seditious demagogue like Trump as the supreme leader of the world. It is the patriotic duty of each and every elector to evaluate the reports of Trump's involvement with Russia and weigh the part Russia played in helping him to become the president elect.

There is a bipartisan movement among presidential electors to obtain pertinent information from the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper. This letter was sent to Clapper 5 days ago. Hopefully, he responded in due haste. If not, the electors may seek a delay in voting.
I am sure Obama would be more than willing to issue an executive order to accommodate them if need be.

The authority of the EC is vested in their unchallenged ability to vote as they wish. But what purpose does that body serve if not as a safety valve to prevent the installation of a seditious demagogue like Trump as the supreme leader of the world. It is the patriotic duty of each and every elector to evaluate the reports of Trump's involvement with Russia and weigh the part Russia played in helping him to become the president elect.

There is a bipartisan movement among presidential electors to obtain pertinent information from the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper. This letter was sent to Clapper 5 days ago. Hopefully, he responded in due haste. If not, the electors may seek a delay in voting.
I am sure Obama would be more than willing to issue an executive order to accommodate them if need be.

President Obama has no authority over, or regarding the Electoral College.

I was not pleased by the election of Donald Trump- hell I still think it is crazy- but absent clear evidence of treason or malfeasance- the Electoral College is obligated to do its Constitutional duty.

This is just an attempt to subvert our election system- and its wrong.

OP fails to include a .pdf file of his/her/its IRS forms so it trolling and this thread ought be deleted.

The only one trolling is you Henry.

The fact remains that Donald Trump is the only Presidential candidate in decades not to show voters his tax returns so voters could evaluate what conflicts of interest he may have.

But Trump voters didn't care about that- so he was elected anyway. It is perfectly valid to ask Trump to be Presidential and show his tax returns- but Trump of course can continue to hide all of his information- none of his supporters will care.

President Obama has no authority over, or regarding the Electoral College.

I was not pleased by the election of Donald Trump- hell I still think it is crazy- but absent clear evidence of treason or malfeasance- the Electoral College is obligated to do its Constitutional duty.

This is just an attempt to subvert our election system- and its wrong.
That is the key phrase...."subversion of our election system." We have 17 intelligence agencies saying that is exactly what happened. Let's give the Electoral College all the information it needs to make an informed decision.

No.

Alas, all these posts and not single one (except, of course, mine) sincere since they demand things of others they are unwilling to do themselves. Post the .pdf files of your tax returns if you wish to be taken seriously. Now that's not a demand....just a cry for fairness, for equality....the things you (say you) want MOSTEST!

Obviously not enough people cared about this during the election, so why would they care now?
Your observation isn't so obvious. More people voted against Trump than voted for him. Besides , most of us underestimated the utter ruthless voter suppression Trump-Bots were capable of. No one expected Trump to win. And, frankly, he should not have won.

More people voted against Trump than voted for him.

More states voted for Trump than voted against him.
More electors will vote for Trump than will vote against him.
With well over the required number to make him the next President.

Besides , most of us underestimated the utter ruthless voter suppression

And the rally suppression!

And the enthusiasm suppression!

And they suppressed the fuck out of her likability too!

Besides , most of us underestimated the utter ruthless voter suppression Trump-Bots were capable of.

What ruthless voter suppression? That accusation is as absurd and baseless as the Trump Tards claiming Hillary only won the popular vote because of illegals voting.

What makes you think electors have the right to demand to see anything? Should they demand to see Hildabeast's 30,000 missing emails or would you call them racist homophobes who hate the environment? You blithering idiot.

We are talking about national security here, you self righteous fool. The EC is the stop gap
that may save our country. They need to know everything about Trump to vote intelligently.
Hillary isn't going to be president..Trump is about to be... unless the EC prevents it.

His Russia ties and love affair with Putin is despicable even for an average American. Yet, Trump has defied all of us in unprecedented fashion to gain the office of US President.

Why are you so afraid for him? Let all the facts be reviewed. Don't' you love America?

His Russia ties and love affair with Putin is despicable even for an average American.

The ’80s called, they want their foreign policy back .

Besides , most of us underestimated the utter ruthless voter suppression Trump-Bots were capable of.

What ruthless voter suppression? That accusation is as absurd and baseless as the Trump Tards claiming Hillary only won the popular vote because of illegals voting.
All you have to do is LOOK:
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 1.01.02 AM.png

The above links + Russians hacking of the DNC and publicizing Hillary's e-mails + FBI director's precisely timed bombshell about more emails being found after clearing Hillary = corruption!

Alas, all these posts and not single one (except, of course, mine) sincere since they demand things of others they are unwilling to do themselves. Post the .pdf files of your tax returns if you wish to be taken seriously. Now that's not a demand....just a cry for fairness, for equality....the things you (say you) want MOSTEST!
Hell, no one with any sense would even want their real name posted on USMB, let alone their income tax return. But again, I am not running for president! If I were to do so, I would release at least ten years of income tax data. I don't care if you take me seriously, I don't take YOU seriously either.

I did not vote for Trump. I did not want Trump.

But Trump won the election fair and square.

The winner of the Presidency is the one who wins the most electoral college votes, not the one who wins the most votes. Everybody knows that going in. If people don't like it, change the system. But that's our system.

A democracy means accepting results you don't like.

It would be an affront to our democracy and our republic if the electoral college upended the results of the election.

And they will not.

I did not vote for Trump. I did not want Trump.

But Trump won the election fair and square.

The winner of the Presidency is the one who wins the most electoral college votes, not the one who wins the most votes. Everybody knows that going in. If people don't like it, change the system. But that's our system.

A democracy means accepting results you don't like.

It would be an affront to our democracy and our republic if the electoral college upended the results of the election.

And they will not.
I guess post #53 just went right over your head. You don't care about the corruption and cheating that put Trump into office. You would forfeit your values and honor to see this cretin known as Trump installed as your symbolic hero? I think I know why you support trump. He has been the one to assuage your fears concerning what you see as the encroaching Muslim hordes and border jumping Mexicans. Fair enough, those are my concerns too. And those concerns have not seemed to register with Democrat leaders.

Trump hasn't convinced me he is up to the tasks he promised to initiate. If he stops the flow of illegal immigrants into this country more power to him. But I doubt if he can do it.

The Muslim question is almost as problematic. Trump believes we are being inundated with Muslim operatives posing as refugees who aren't being properly vetted. The Democrats deny that but have not been able to convince us that Trump is wrong. That big demerit hurt the Democratic Party in battle ground states during the general election.

Still,what social price must we pay for the warm and fuzzy feelings gained by electing Trump. We may feel safer based on what he told us he would do but will he protect those social benefits we all have worked so hard for? Will he cause corporate expatriates to bring jobs back by dismantling the EPA ? The Flint river debacle ought to make you think twice about that... Industrial pollution spawned the EPA to save the environment. And with the unemployment rate down to 4.6% why risk the health of millions of Americans in a smog filled deregulated landscape where millions will have no healthcare (The PPACA will be repealed)? And, even YOU may be dropped from your health plan if you get cancer.

Due to lack of space this is a mere encapsulation of all that troubles me about Trump's victory. But I don't have to accept it anymore than the RWers accepted Obamas presidency. The difference is I want Trump to succeed on stemming the tide of illegal immigrants and tightening the restrictions on who comes into this country. But I want him to fail if he intends to repeal Obamacare, destroy the EPA or privatize Social Security and Medicare.

Overall...the specter of a rigged election has taken hold of the Trump election victory. That is the most troubling thing of all, for it taints the future with uncertainty and a sense that individual votes don't matter...that suppression and trickery can thwart the Will of The People.... that democracy is but an illusion, a fleeting dream dependent on the whims of criminals who can manipulate the outcomes of ALL elections. I hope that all who vote in the EC will bear that in mind tomorrow.

Forum List

Back