Electoral colleague is sucks !

Al Gore wins his HOME STATE and he is President, quit whining.

A guy who most americans didn't want as president becomes president because of an archaic instutitution, a corrupt election run by his brother, and an unelected Supreme Court.

He proceeds to give us war, recessions, turns surpluses into deficits...

I think we really do need to rethink this system on the basis of that alone.

A guy who most americans didn't want as president becomes president because of an archaic instutitution, a corrupt election run by his brother, and an unelected Supreme Court.

Al Gore wins TN and he is President.

Bush won 271-266....if Gore won "anything" else he would've been president. What's your point?

Bush won 271-266....if Gore won "anything" else he would've been president. What's your point?

I think he's trying to say that because the wingnuts in his home state couldnt' support him, his claim was illegitimate.

Something he never claims for Romney, who never even contested his home state.

Okay, obviously you suffer from some kind of OCD, so there's no point talking to you.

LOL, no matter how loud you whine, and trust me you are a world class whiny ass all Al had to do was win his home state.

He couldn't pull it off and therefore he didn't win.

Just because you are an idiot who doesn't like the rules of the game in no way means we should change said rules.

Now shut the fuck up and quit whining.

Do the math dumbass, subtract 3 from Bush, add 3 to Gore.

Are you really that stupid?

So...what's your point????? Why is Gore not winning TN so important to you??

The last time Gore was elected in TN was 1990, exactly ten years before the 2000 election. Southern democrats declined in the south during the 90's heavily. Also in 1984 when Gore was first elected to the Senate Reagan still won the state anyway, so your point is moot!

83% of Tennessee voters polled agreed that "The presidential candidate who gets the most votes always should be the winner."

Every political demographic group across the state favors changing to a system driven by the popular vote, the poll showed.

When Republicans were asked, "How should the President be elected, by who gets the most votes in all 50 states or by the current winner-takes-all system?" 73% of them favored the popular vote.

Of all Democrats asked the same question, 78% favored the popular vote system.

When respondents who agree with Tea Party values were asked, 72% of them preferred the popular vote.

Most Americans don't ultimately care whether their presidential candidate wins or loses in their state or any particular state . . . they care whether he/she wins the White House. Voters want to know, that even if they were on the losing side, their vote actually was equally counted and mattered to their candidate. Most Americans think it would be wrong for the candidate with the most popular votes to lose. We don't allow this in any other election in our representative republic.

In Gallup polls since 1944, only about 20% of the public has supported the current system of awarding all of a state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who receives the most votes in each separate state (with about 70% opposed and about 10% undecided).

Support for a national popular vote is strong among Republicans, Democrats, and Independent voters, as well as every demographic group in virtually every state surveyed in recent polls
in recent or past closely divided Battleground states: CO – 68%, FL – 78%, IA --75%, MI – 73%, MO – 70%, NH – 69%, NV – 72%, NM– 76%, NC – 74%, OH – 70%, PA – 78%, VA – 74%, and WI – 71%;
in Small states (3 to 5 electoral votes): AK – 70%, DC – 76%, DE – 75%, ID – 77%, ME – 77%, MT – 72%, NE -74%, NH – 69%, NV – 72%, NM – 76%, OK – 81%, RI – 74%, SD – 71%, UT – 70%, VT – 75%, WV – 81%, and WY – 69%;
in Southern and Border states: AR – 80%, KY- 80%, MS – 77%, MO – 70%, NC – 74%, OK – 81%, SC – 71%, TN – 83%, VA – 74%, and WV – 81%; and
in other states polled: AZ – 67%, CA – 70%, CT – 74%, MA – 73%, MN – 75%, NY – 79%, OR – 76%, and WA – 77%.

NationalPopularVote

The last time Gore was elected in TN was 1990, exactly ten years before the 2000 election. Southern democrats declined in the south during the 90's heavily. Also in 1984 when Gore was first elected to the Senate Reagan still won the state anyway, so your point is moot!

God you are dense.

You people whine because Bush won and yet all Al had to was win HIS home state and HE would have been President.

The fact that TN didn't vote for should tell you all you need to know about Al.

lol indeed. But it was all Ralph Nader's Fault! ... You know, the only actual liberal running, but is hated no end by the neo-liberal muppets, is the reason their phoney scam artist hack Gore lost. Or so the idiotic narrative goes.

God you are dense.

You people whine because Bush won and yet all Al had to was win HIS home state and HE would have been President.

The fact that Al won the national popular vote tells you...?

God you are dense.

The fact that Al won the national popular vote tells you...?

He didn't win based on the system in place, which doesn't require a majority of voters, but a majority of electors, which is based entirely on the states. Want to win the White House, then win more states.

If the situation was reversed, would you still be complaining 14 years later that Bush was robbed if he won the popular vote and Gore won the electoral vote?

He didn't win based on the system in place, which doesn't require a majority of voters, but a majority of electors, which is based entirely on the states. Want to win the White House, then win more states.

If the situation was reversed, would you still be complaining 14 years later that Bush was robbed if he won the popular vote and Gore won the electoral vote?

Since World War II, a shift of only a few thousand votes in one or two states would have elected the second-place candidate in 4 of the 15 presidential elections. Near misses are now frequently common. There have been 7 consecutive non-landslide presidential elections. 537 popular votes won Florida and the White House for Bush in 2000 despite Gore's lead of 537,179 popular votes nationwide. A shift of 60,000 voters in Ohio in 2004 would have defeated President Bush despite his nationwide lead of over 3 Million votes. In 2012, a shift of 214,733 popular votes in four states would have elected Mitt Romney, despite President Obama’s nationwide lead of 4,966,945 votes.

With the current state-by-state winner-take-all system of awarding electoral votes (not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, but later enacted by 48 states), it could only take winning a bare plurality of popular votes in only the 11 most populous states, containing 56% of the population of the United States, for a candidate to win the Presidency with a mere 23% of the nation's votes!

Most Americans think it is wrong for the candidate with the most popular votes to lose. We don't allow this in any other election in our representative republic.

In Gallup polls since 1944, only about 20% of the public has supported the current system of awarding all of a state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who receives the most votes in each separate state (with about 70% opposed and about 10% undecided).

In 2011, 83% of Tennessee voters polled agreed that "The presidential candidate who gets the most votes always should be the winner."

Every political demographic group across the state favors changing to a system driven by the popular vote, the poll showed.

When Republicans were asked, "How should the President be elected, by who gets the most votes in all 50 states or by the current winner-takes-all system?" 73% of them favored the popular vote.

& & &

Support for a national popular vote is strong among Republicans, Democrats, and Independent voters, as well as every demographic group in virtually every state surveyed in recent polls

By state (Electoral College votes), by political affiliation, support for a national popular vote in recent polls has been:

Alaska (3) -- 66% among (Republicans), 70% among Nonpartisan voters, 82% among Alaska Independent Party voters
Arkansas (6) -- 71% (R), 79% (Independents).
California (55) – 61% (R), 74% (I)
Colorado (9) -- 56% (R), 70% (I).
Connecticut (7) -- 67% (R)
Delaware (3) -- 69% (R), 76% (I)
DC (3) -- 48% (R), 74% of (I)
Florida (29) -- 68% (R)
Idaho(4) - 75% (R)
Iowa (6) -- 63% (R)
Kentucky (8) -- 71% (R), 70% (I)
Maine (4) - 70% (R)
Massachusetts (11) -- 54% (R)
Michigan (16) -- 68% (R), 73% (I)
Minnesota (10) -- 69% (R)
Montana (3)- 67% (R)
Mississippi (6) -- 75% (R)
Nebraska (5) -- 70% (R)
Nevada (5) -- 66% (R)
New Hampshire (4) -- 57% (R), 69% (I)
New Mexico (5) -- 64% (R), 68% (I)
New York (29) - 66% (R), 78% Independence, 50% Conservative
North Carolina (15) -- 89% liberal (R), 62% moderate (R) , 70% conservative (R), 80% (I)
Ohio (18) -- 65% (R)
Oklahoma (7) -- 75% (R)
Oregon (7) -- 70% (R), 72% (I)
Pennsylvania (20) -- 68% (R), 76% (I)
Rhode Island (4) -- 71% liberal (R), 63% moderate (R), 35% conservative (R), 78% (I),
South Carolina (8) -- 64% (R)
South Dakota (3) -- 67% (R)
Tennessee (11) -- 73% (R)
Utah (6) -- 66% (R)
Vermont (3) -- 61% (R)
Virginia (13) -- 76% liberal (R), 63% moderate (R), 54% conservative (R)
Washington (12) -- 65% (R)
West Virginia (5) -- 75% (R)
Wisconsin (10) -- 63% (R), 67% (I)
Wyoming (3) –66% (R), 72% (I)
National Popular Vote -- Electoral college reform by direct election of the President

The president doesn't represent the people of the United States. He represents the United States.

An electoral college is suitable to his selection.

He is suppose to serve the people.He never does,who does he serve? the bankers and their needs. when he doesnt,well we all know what the date nov 22nd 1963 refers to.thats the fate you suffer when they dont.

The USA is proud of their honest elections. But taking a better look, is it really so? The election campaigns of recent decade prove that the government almost never takes into consideration public opinion.
Why this or that candidate was chosen? Have you ever asked this question to yourself? I want turn you mind back to the elections of 2000 , where George Bush Jr. was 543816 votes behind his rival Albert Gore. Nevertheless, the first mentioned took office. Have you ever figured out the reason for? Electoral colleague , of course !
Some parties need help of this dishonest tool in case if "improper" candidate won more voices than the "desirable" one!

If you are unable to get it, you're welcome to enjoy this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYNqi20ZtTM

Now give me a sincere answer, please, do you agree with the existence of such dishonest institute?

damn straight it sucks.great video.

Forum List

Back