Elections

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by wavingrl, Nov 15, 2012.

1. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197
    i have been thinking outside of the 'box'--

what i feel 'should' have happened, etc.

each and every voter chose to exercise the option of 'not voting'.

surely there are protocols in place for such a circumstance, if not--then we should address that.

when neither major party or anyone else has proven to be worthy of confidence--the only truly moral decision in the best interest of the nation is to 'go back to drawing board'. jmo.

your thoughts?

shrug---perfectionism---better to have it--tried life both ways. worse when i lowered my standards even a millimeter.

that is why i 'feel' the way i do. what i absolutely 'think'--at this moment i cannot say. fyi.

2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,455
    We constantly reward the team that screws up less. Not very good for excellence in govt or trying to keep America relevent in the world.

All I can say is work for 3rd party ballot access. Not to WIN -- but to give folks choices. And to give places that DECENT politicians can go to break free of the totalitarian control that their OWN PARTY leadership exert on them..

3. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197
    ~~~

'The government is the only thing we all belong to <He should have said --'to which we all belong'. whatever. Joe Biden. whatever. He is the VP--president of vice?>

The Leader said: 'You didn't build it...'

Today's post --NYPost, iirc--the picture is worth thousands of words. Making a face with a young gymnast. Not prudent to allow such a picture to circulate through cyberspace, jmo.

White House denies editing talking points on Benghazi attack, contradicting Petraeus - NYPOST.com

What is he doing, I truly wonder. 'Benefit of the doubt'--I gave him that, 4 years. I have run out of patience with many.

Bill Clinton---Impeachment hearings were initiated and somehow he escaped unscathed. Do I have respect for him? No, not really. If it is fine with others to be led by such a person --it is not fine with me.

What I think of the Scandalous Love Pentagon---it all falls on the shoulders of the POTUS./gavel

'Go after me'/not Susan Rice.

Yes, we should have already started impeachment proceedings. We can wait a bit--start the engine after inauguration. Not much longer than that.

POTUS is basically a good man, jmo--respected and loved by his family and many others.

It seems that he has a streak of immaturity.

The sort of person I would prefer to be taking a call from the red phone would be more like Harry Truman. I am afraid that sort of decision may have to be made. What will he be doing when that call comes. Bush was in a classroom during a reading lesson.

How he was mocked and reviled.

None of us may be around to express any opinions about this POTUS.

How I feel about those who 'worship' him--also somewhat immature or shortsighted. Unable to see the big picture. The People got what they wanted and now we will all have to 'pay'.

Likely to be 'H' to pay?

4. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,929
    Even if they don't win, a vote for a third party counts as a "none of the above" vote.

That is much better than not being counted at all.

5. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197
    eh--Ann Coulter said, 'If you are too stupid to understand the issues, don't vote.' and a few other similar remarks.

if she isn't one of the meanest WASP's ever to live. I don't know how she has gotten so far.

'So Far'---not very far at all, jmo.

I will vote 'for' a candidate but refuse to only vote 'against' another candidate.

Oh, what a mess is going to develop--I am certain of that---if little else.

???Raise the age for those who wish to run for POTUS to 60/65? Even then chronological age doesn't guarantee wisdom and maturity.

Who knows what we should do?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  6. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197
    testing. changed avatar.

7. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,455
    Ann Coulter IS a mean WASP. But she's also right about the dangers that lurk in a Progressive Left movement that snipes at people of faith, divides the electorate by age, wealth, race and sex and promotes policies that destroy economic choice and freedom.

Sometimes --- you actually have to DEFEAT parties that are focused on extending power over your life..

PS -- the new avatar is fine. Nice and calming.. Great for the "clean forum".. You might want to have a "meaner" avi in the wings once you get rolled a couple times on the board..

:eusa_angel: :eusa_angel: :eusa_angel:

8. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197

9. wavingrl

wavingrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +197
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Lk0DZDaL8]Battle of New Orleans-Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - YouTube[/ame]

10. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,455