Electioneering in Philadelphia Ward 35

110612_obamamural_20121106_113137.jpg

Further, one polling site in Philadelphia apparently had a mural of President Obama emblazoned on the wall directly behind the voting machines. The mural, at a local school being used as a polling site, contained the words "change!" and "hope," along with a quote from the president.

Republicans were drawing attention to the image Tuesday morning, with one Mitt Romney spokesman tweeting: "Voters in Philly's Ward 35 are being forced to cast their ballots next to this."

Pennsylvania election law states "no person within a polling place may electioneer or solicit votes for any political party, political body, or candidate, nor may any unauthorized written or printed materials be posted within the polling place."

Libtards be desperate.

Judge Orders Pro-Obama Mural Be Covered Up at Philly Polling Station | TheBlaze.com

You whiny babies happy now?
Very! If it was a mural of Romney, I'd demand it be covered as well. See how that works?

last that was checked on it the obama symbol was still seen anyone see anything new on this? disgraceful but thats how the dems play. they know its illegal and it doesnt matter, but switch the roles and watch them scream bloody murder.

The judge was right to order it covered up. The mere appearance of electioneering is enough. No proof necessary.

If you want to prove electioneering you need to find a perp and prove an intent.

Oh, wait, you're a conservative that believes in innocence until proven guilty.

:lmao:

No, we believe a huge mural with the candidates campaign slogan prominently displayed on it is electioneering.
You believe that Democrats are allowed to live by a different set of rules.

Sounds like a silly mistake more than anything else.

Not sure exactly how a picture of Obama would influence anyone's vote though.

Yeah would you say the same thing if it was Romney face painted there or even Bush .. I think not

So a crime can occur without a criminal?

Really?

Here's the judge's order:

order.jpeg

WHERE DOES IT SAY ELECTIONEERING OCCURRED? Just orders them to cover it up. Doesn't say that anyone committed a crime. Besides, if its a felony, ONLY JURIES CAN SAY THAT.

If it was not electioneering, the judge would not have ordered it covered, dumb ass...

Proof that it was electioneering!

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

Where does the order say that illegal electioneering occurred?[/QUOTE]
Where did he say there was no electioneering and the mural could remain uncovered?
He was asked to rule that the mural should be covered up BECAUSE it was considered by some to be against election law. He agreed and ordered it covered.

Keep it up and you will look even stupider than TDM.

Found out a buddy of mine was actually the GOP guy in charge of watching that precinct. I think he may have been the one to notify authorities.

Just caught the tail end of the interview he did with Neil Cavuto. Good guy. Glad we have honest people out there.

Just more bullshit democrats try .....They cant even stop themselves for being underhanded....There was a couple of black kids standing on the corner of my poll place and since I rode my bike to the polls they said "Hey you voting?Vote Obama!" I of coursed laughed at their punk asses but i guess they were trying to intimidate people.....

Further, one polling site in Philadelphia apparently had a mural of President Obama emblazoned on the wall directly behind the voting machines. The mural, at a local school being used as a polling site, contained the words "change!" and "hope," along with a quote from the president.

Republicans were drawing attention to the image Tuesday morning, with one Mitt Romney spokesman tweeting: "Voters in Philly's Ward 35 are being forced to cast their ballots next to this."

Pennsylvania election law states "no person within a polling place may electioneer or solicit votes for any political party, political body, or candidate, nor may any unauthorized written or printed materials be posted within the polling place."

Libtards be desperate.

President Obama is your President you racist fuck.

Libtards be desperate.

President Obama is your President you racist fuck.

And is running for re-election. As such, his image next to the voting booths is electioneering. The judge agreed, and ordered it covered up.

Dumb ass. You're a perfect example of the libtard mindset that ANYTHING anti-Obama MUST be because of his skin color. You, and they, are dumb fucks.

Yeah perhaps they should prohibit the carrying of dimes into polling places since FDR's image might persuade people to vote Democratic.

Or, perhaps, we could simply follow established laws...

I know, what a concept ;)

The laws that prohibit the image of the President of the United States from being placed on a government building?

the laws that prohibit the image of a candidate from being in a polling place.

duh

doesn't have to be a conviction for electioneering to have happened, dumb ass.

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

Really?

order.jpeg

WHERE DOES IT SAY ELECTIONEERING OCCURRED? Just orders them to cover it up. Doesn't say that anyone committed a crime. Besides, if its a felony, ONLY JURIES CAN SAY THAT.

If it was not electioneering, the judge would not have ordered it covered, dumb ass...

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

the shamanization of conservitard continues

sad, so very sad

I live in Georgia which is clearly going to Romney, we were told to cover bumper stickers and remove any pins, stickers, etc or park beyond the electioneering marker and walk.

I doubt there would have been more that a few Obama bumper stickers in my poling place. The law is the law, the mural should have been covered. It's still not completely but it's better than it was before. A sheet with some tape would have solved the whole problem. This was obviously staged, did you see where the posters were originally placed, all around the pic.

No mistake, they get caught.

I'm with Conservative.........

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

Really?

order.jpeg

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

sad, so very sad

I only used one color (black, for you people who think I am racist because I don't support Obama). It was not 87 pages high, multi-colored, with 50,000 emoticons... tyvm :p

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP wins!!!!!!!

VOTERS WIN!!!!!!!!!

sad, so very sad

I only used one color (black, for you people who think I am racist because I don't support Obama). It was not 87 pages high, multi-colored, with 50,000 emoticons... tyvm :p

too little, too late, shaman lite.

congrats, you've earned it :clap2:

Forum List

Back