Election year number cooking

Kind of like Boosh's 'terror level' during the 2004 election :eusa_think:

IMG954434-1.png

Her numbers seem a lot more realistic to me..

We know that Obama and the left wing media is in on this "8.3 unemployment charade".

It's all too fishy.. to merit belief...

Her numbers seem a lot more realistic to me..

We know that Obama and the left wing media is in on this "8.3 unemployment charade".

It's all too fishy.. to merit belief...

The weird thing to me is that they are celebrating 8.3 as if its a good thing
:eusa_eh:

Everyone involved in this charade must submit and rally together or it won't work out, I'm guessing. Their blowing smoke of a right direction...complete bullshit really..

When an administration has the total loyalty of the liberal media anything is possible. The NY Times told the world that Oakland Ca. was the 5th greatest tourist destination in the world just to give the OWS headquarters and Van Jones domestic terrorists a financial boost. Think the Times is going to be honest about the unemployment figures?

The "times two" rule has been in effect for over 30 years.

What should infuriate all Americans who have functioning brains are these FACTS:

1. Roughly 350,000-400,000 people PER WEEK are filing for FIRST-TIME unemployment benefits.

2. People who have exhausted their 99 weeks of unemployment benefits are no longer counted as being "unemployed", even though they have not been called back to work at their old job, or have found a new job. These millions of unemployed people have ceased to exist, from a "statistical" point of view.

3. People working a part-time job or jobs, because they can't find a full-time job, are not counted as "unemployed".

4. People who are UNDER-employed (i.e. people with Master's Degrees flipping burgers at McDonald's or pouring coffee at Dunkin' Donuts) are counted as being "employed".

5. "Job creation" statistics do not differentiate between people being hired for NEW jobs and people being called back to work after a layoff.

6. Job QUALITY (hourly pay, health insurance benefits, 401K participation, etc.) is not considered in the "job creation" statistics.

7. Government unemployment/employment statistics "gathering" are limited to the polling of selected companies and corporations, much like the TV Nielson ratings.

The "times two" rule has been in effect for over 30 years.

What should infuriate all Americans who have functioning brains are these FACTS:

1. Roughly 350,000-400,000 people PER WEEK are filing for FIRST-TIME unemployment benefits.

2. People who have exhausted their 99 weeks of unemployment benefits are no longer counted as being "unemployed", even though they have not been called back to work at their old job, or have found a new job. These millions of unemployed people have ceased to exist, from a "statistical" point of view.

3. People working a part-time job or jobs, because they can't find a full-time job, are not counted as "unemployed".

4. People who are UNDER-employed (i.e. people with Master's Degrees flipping burgers at McDonald's or pouring coffee at Dunkin' Donuts) are counted as being "employed".

5. "Job creation" statistics do not differentiate between people being hired for NEW jobs and people being called back to work after a layoff.

6. Job QUALITY (hourly pay, health insurance benefits, 401K participation, etc.) is not considered in the "job creation" statistics.

7. Government unemployment/employment statistics "gathering" are limited to the polling of selected companies and corporations, much like the TV Nielson ratings.

If you consider the first time job seekers and their inability to find employment, I believe you painted a well balance picture of the situation.. I for one am impressed TruthSeeker..

The estimate on the statistical non-existers is 6.5 million as far as I've heard. Then there's the (numbers ?) of unemployed that are ineligible for unemployment benefits, private contractors and such..

I believe we could agree that the reality is far different than the 8.3 unemployment figure suggests..

Elaine Chao was full of shit when she worked for Bush and she's full of shit now. Her bullshit became apparent when she said (from the OP link)...........

"This administration is trying to get us accustomed to this new norm of over 8 percent, and that is so sad........"

and.........

“What we need is not more rhetoric that divides us, we need this administration to act in the best interests of this country and create more jobs by lessening all this talk about taxes, decreasing regulations and having some kind of fiscal discipline.”

There is no excuse for her not to know the truth........

Study: Obama has regulated business less than Bush | The Raw Story

Obama Has Approved Fewer Regulations Than Bush Up To This Point, Analysis Finds

There have been several changes in relatively recent years, this piece, posted when Bush was president echoes today:

True Unemployment Rate Is Not Reflected in Government Numbers - Seeking Alpha

...The Birth/Death Model Defies Economic Reality

The birth/death adjustment made by the Bureau of Labor Statistics added over 900,000 new jobs last year when computing the unemployment rate. The model attempts to estimate new job formation caused by the birth and death of businesses. The model admittedly produces inaccurate numbers at economic turning points but we are far beyond that point. Last year’s addition of jobs based on the model were ridiculous and had zero correlation with economic reality. Accordingly, the official government statistics understated the unemployment rate last year due to the birth/death model distortions.

True Unemployment Rate May Be Twice The Government Numbers

The official unemployment rate may also be dramatically inaccurate based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics method of calculation. Consider the chart below from Shadowstats.com.

If the government was still calculating the unemployment rate using the same criteria and methods that had last been used during the Clinton administration, the “official” unemployment rate today would be closer to ...

Elaine Chao was full of shit when she worked for Bush and she's full of shit now. Her bullshit became apparent when she said (from the OP link)...........

"This administration is trying to get us accustomed to this new norm of over 8 percent, and that is so sad........"

and.........

“What we need is not more rhetoric that divides us, we need this administration to act in the best interests of this country and create more jobs by lessening all this talk about taxes, decreasing regulations and having some kind of fiscal discipline.”

There is no excuse for her not to know the truth........

Study: Obama has regulated business less than Bush | The Raw Story

Obama Has Approved Fewer Regulations Than Bush Up To This Point, Analysis Finds

And don't EVEN get me started on what she did (or didn't do) on OSHA, worker safety laws and combustable dust standards.

Elaine Chao: Real Unemployment Numbers Are Double

Numbers only look good to make obamaturd look good.

Haven't they been using the same system for a long time? If so, the absolute numbers may be off, but the change and its direction would not. If it's the same system as in the past, there's really no point in singling out Obama.

Obama is standing for re-election, we're obligated to know the whole truth, don't you think?

Not if you're manufacturing a new truth for Obama. He should be judged the way others have been.

Appropriate day for more whining by UNAMERICAN losers who want to move the goalposts when the better team is winning.

Next month.....the number of consecutive months with PRIVATE SECTOR job growth will reach 24. That is also known as TWO YEARS! Two years worth of job growth. C'mon dummies.......hop on the Obama express and ride with us toward better times.

Haven't they been using the same system for a long time? If so, the absolute numbers may be off, but the change and its direction would not. If it's the same system as in the past, there's really no point in singling out Obama.

Obama is standing for re-election, we're obligated to know the whole truth, don't you think?

Not if you're manufacturing a new truth for Obama. He should be judged the way others have been.

I suppose if you can merely discount the true reality of the situation, I can hardly stop you.. I guess we'll just disagree....:beer:

I believe it was wrong in the past and it's still wrong now.

Listen to the moaning and puking on the right. The economy is starting to move in the right direction in a strong manner, and they are putting on sackcloth and throwing ashes.

The desire of the right is for more hard times for Americans until they can regain power, then they can really put us on the skids, like they did the last time they were in.

Appropriate day for more whining by UNAMERICAN losers who want to move the goalposts when the better team is winning.

Next month.....the number of consecutive months with PRIVATE SECTOR job growth will reach 24. That is also known as TWO YEARS! Two years worth of job growth. C'mon dummies.......hop on the Obama express and ride with us toward better times.

Both teams suck...they both lie.. they both withhold the truth...etc. ..

I think we're screwed....:dunno:..

....hope & change...:lol:

Listen to the moaning and puking on the right. The economy is starting to move in the right direction in a strong manner, and they are putting on sackcloth and throwing ashes.

The desire of the right is for more hard times for Americans until they can regain power, then they can really put us on the skids, like they did the last time they were in.

No.. you'd never moan and puke would you Old Rocks?...:lol:

Forum List

Back