Election spurs hundreds of race threats and crimes

Man, I must have been confused all the time I spent following the primaries. Because I'm pretty sure that was a campaign I was watching.

Sgt. was suggesting that many people, such as yourself, voted for the man because of his skin color. He was voted in with a paper thin record and, associations about which we are just learning. If you know more about Obama, perhaps, you can enlighten Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose, who, the Friday before the election admitted that they "know nothing about Obama."

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Explain why Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton never came in the same time zone of 90 percent of the African American vote in the primaries when they ran.

They didn't have the money that Obama or Hillary had. All other variables being equal, Obama was chosen by that demographic because of skin color.

They didn't have the money that Obama or Hillary had. All other variables being equal, Obama was chosen by that demographic because of skin color.

So Obama bought the African American vote? I thought it was skin color that mattered?

You don't need to buy the African American vote if you're African American. You get it by default.

This is untrue.

I already made the point that Sharpton and Jackson didn't get anywhere near the level of support that Obama did from the African American community.

So Obama bought the African American vote? I thought it was skin color that mattered?

That is not what I said. One will not have a chance in an election if (s)he can't raise money. Neither Sharpton nor Jackson raised the kind of money that Hillary OR obama raised.

This is untrue.

I already made the point that Sharpton and Jackson didn't get anywhere near the level of support that Obama did from the African American community.

Obama AND hillary raised more money than either of those two candidates. That means more ads, more signage. I think you understand.

Sgt. was suggesting that many people, such as yourself, voted for the man because of his skin color. He was voted in with a paper thin record and, associations about which we are just learning. If you know more about Obama, perhaps, you can enlighten Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose, who, the Friday before the election admitted that they "know nothing about Obama."

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlEUMjowLDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's what I think:

I think there were a lot of people who didn't want to see Hillary get the Democratic nomination. They didn't like her supposed inevitability and she represented more of the same ... Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton and the voters rejected her. They were left with Obama or Richardson because Edwards was already a national loser and Biden a lifelong Senator neither of which represented change. I understand Obama picked Biden as VP but Biden is clearly competent and that what's you want in a VP not another perceived "outsider." They chose Obama. The funny thing is that if they picked Richardson I bet we'd be hearing about Latins voting for him because he's Latin and that illegals were voting for him, etc.

Obama AND hillary raised more money than either of those two candidates. That means more ads, more signage. I think you understand.

Yeah, I understand that anybody who could raise as much money with Hillary could be competitive or even beat her.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand that anybody who could raise as much money with Hillary could be competitive or even bear her.

Yes, but not 91-9 among African American voters without race being an issue. Imagine if the Caucasian vote had gone 91-9 in favor of Hillary. Everyone would be quoting Jeremiah Wright. "KKKA"

Yes, but not 91-9 among African American voters without race being an issue. Imagine if the Caucasian vote had gone 91-9 in favor of Hillary. Everyone would be quoting Jeremiah Wright. "KKKA"

I'm going to have to see some hard numbers before this conversation continues.

Forum List

Back