Election Reforms I'd Like To See

Real campaign finance reform. What happened to it? Both POTUS candidates are raising and spending money like it's going out of style.

I'd like to be able to hear Ron Paul and Jill Stein debate the President and Mr Romney. That will never happen until the rules are changed.

Also, some kind of assurance the election process is completely honest in every state.

What are your ideas?

Bravo...

And not to be a damper on my communal buds at the Green Party -- but I think the debate should be open to any party that QUALIFIES on all 50 state ballots (or at enough to get an electoral win).. Great chance that Gary Johnson will do that. Poor chance that Jill Stein will. We have worked with the Greens in the past to make ballot access less of a minefield..

Which is my suggestion... STOP RESTRICTING BALLOT ACCESS with ridiculous hurdles.

It takes a dozen COURT challenges and $MILLs of dollars to get 50 state access. You want LESS MONEY in politics?? MAKE IT AFFORDABLE...

As the Rep candidates found out in Virginia and other states, EVEN when you THINK you are clearly on the ballot, you may have missed a deadline or violated some obscure law like using out of state petitioners to collect signatures or not returning signatures from the field in less than 48 hours.. What's up with that? CLEARLY obstacles that are put there to maintain a duopoly in American politics..

I want the POTUS debates to include third party and independent candidates. I want to see Dr. Jill Stein and Ron Paul debate.

Even if neither has a chance of getting elected, Stein and Paul could change the debate away from "talking points".

How could we determine third party candidates as serious candidates? We could have 20 people debating! But I think the serious candidates should have 2 debates a month starting in June and reruns for those that missed them or weren't interested at that time.

Last edited:
I want the POTUS debates to include third party and independent candidates. I want to see Dr. Jill Stein and Ron Paul debate.

Even if neither has a chance of getting elected, Stein and Paul could change the debate away from "talking points".

How could we determine third party candidates as serious candidates? We could have 20 people debating! But I think the serious candidates should have 2 debates a month starting in June and reruns for those that missed them or weren't interested at that time.

I gave you ONE idea of a criteria to determine "seriousness".. It's a pain to get ON a ballot and takes time and money and lawyers. If the candidate is on enough ballots to get the neccessary electoral votes for a win --- they are serious...

Don't think most Americans realize how "Soviet era" it looks when a candidate like Gary Johnson and Libertarians jump all the hoops to get on 50 state ballots and the candidate is frivously EXCLUDED from the debates...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back