Election Polls Cleanup

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Is anything being done now to clean up the election polls in your area? Where I live, post cards to verify voter status were mailed to every registered voter in June. The local newspaper has been providing an update about every month on the cleanup. To date, 58 percent of the information on the polls has been incorrect, including people who have moved to another address locally or to another city within the state, people who have moved out of state , and people who have deceased since the last general election. They have not received a response from almost 20 percent of those who were on the election polls.

We have not recieved anything in my area. We just bought a house about 3 months ago and will be going to the same place to vote because we are only half a mile from where we lived. I'm glad you asked though,I guess they need our change of address. Let's just hope they are getting cleaned up down there in Florida,with the elections and the Hurricane!

Yes, let's hope that Florida gets their election polls and processes in order before November and that another situation, such as occurred in Florida in 2000, does not develop in some other state this November. I have read that there is work going on in Florida to correct the problems they had in 2000, but whether that entailed teaching Floridians how to vote properly was not clear.

Forum List

Back