Election outcome decided by jobs report

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Key states like Ohio will decide this years election and if more jobs numbers like the 32,000 last month occur, my prediction is kerry will win.

DKSuddeth said:
Key states like Ohio will decide this years election and if more jobs numbers like the 32,000 last month occur, my prediction is kerry will win.

Pretty much up for grabs, isn't it. I think the debates and convention will make the difference. The GOP has got thier work cut out for them.

dilloduck said:
Pretty much up for grabs, isn't it. I think the debates and convention will make the difference. The GOP has got thier work cut out for them.

I don't think the convention will do anything but fire up the republican base. The vote will eventually be decided by those who are losing jobs, losing salaries, or aren't creating jobs.

DKSuddeth said:
I don't think the convention will do anything but fire up the republican base. The vote will eventually be decided by those who are losing jobs, losing salaries, or aren't creating jobs.
That's the message the GOP has got to get out. Try to convince the swing states that they have a better plan for improving the job situation. I'm thinking they may slant the covention to domestic issues because that's what the swing states are most interested in. Oddly enough something tells me that the likeability factor in the debates could be big.

Depends. The jobs report is bunk. It is based off interviews of 300,000 larger corporations. Most of today's jobs are created through small businesses and self-proprietorships. The days of a relatively few large corporations employing the bulk of the people in this nation is over.

We all know of people that have been laid off by corporations only to be hired back as paid consultants working on 1099. Those people do not show up on jobs reports.

Furthermore, there are a LOT of people just like me. I need to hire at least 4 people right now but I am holding off until after the election and I know a LOT of business owners in the same boat. We are too scared that Kerry MIGHT win. Our not hiring people is hurting Bush, but I just too worried about the future and there is NOTHING I hate more than laying off somebody, so therefore, I would just rather to not hire than to hire now and fire later.

DKSuddeth said:

I disagree. Unemployment is lower now than it was during the Clinton administration when he was reelected. There arent people losing jobs and salaries because of economic downturn because there is no downturn. Besides if people have lost their jobs they will be so busy looking for new ones they wont have time to vote;)

I disagree. Unemployment is lower now than it was during the Clinton administration when he was reelected.

Good point, why is it that this is the first election cycle that the "jobs creation number" is an indicator and not the standard unemployement number?

MtnBiker said:
Good point, why is it that this is the first election cycle that the "jobs creation number" is an indicator and not the standard unemployement number?

Because the Dems and the media say so!!!!!! :bs1:

MtnBiker said:
It's easier to get creative with the numbers and say "three million jobs lost." Because very few people have a clue about basic economics (at least on the coasts), arbitrary jobs numbers can be used by the propagandist media to say how crappy things are, even when more people are employed then ever before. My eyes bleed everytime I hear about jobs and they don't mention the unemployment rate.

All of the debate about job growth and uncounted jobs amounts to nothing unless Americans can actually see that new jobs are being created, and right now there have not been enough significant increases to help Bush.

Plus Americans have been told for the past 3 years that Bush has been doing a bad job on the economy by the democrats with little opposition to that voice, so they aren't likely to forget that by the time they get to the booth whether or not the economy is currently strong.

Palestinian Jew said:
All of the debate about job growth and uncounted jobs amounts to nothing unless Americans can actually see that new jobs are being created, and right now there have not been enough significant increases to help Bush.

Plus Americans have been told for the past 3 years that Bush has been doing a bad job on the economy by the democrats with little opposition to that voice, so they aren't likely to forget that by the time they get to the booth whether or not the economy is currently strong.

You know, honestly, I don't know ANYBODY unemployed that DOESN'T WANT to be unemployed. I know some that are "milking" the system and I know some that made enough that they are just living off savings.

Frankly, I COULD file for unemployment and make a cools $1,300 a month minimum, but I won't.

Forum List

Back