Election experts sound off on ACORN

go find one then?

It seems no one can find Big Foot either?

WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. | Investigation launched into questionable vote

Investigation launched into questionable vote

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 04:42 PM

By Jennifer Emert

October 16, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - State election officials are launching their own investigation into the handling of a mentally challenged man's vote.

Secretary of State Karen Handle's office contacted WALB Thursday to tell us they asked the Office of Inspector General to investigate Jack Justice's voting experience.

Wednesday, the Albany Area Community Service Board which oversees Primus Industries said they will bring in an external agency to investigate allegations made by Justice.

He told his family that an aide from Primus took him and five other mentally challenged clients to vote and forced them to vote for Barack Obama. Justice says he told the aide he wanted to vote for John McCain, but was overridden.

Election officials say if that happened, the aide will face criminal charges.

"We're chasing these ghosts of voter fraud, like chickens without a head," said Lorraine Minnite, a political science professor at Barnard College in New York who has researched voter fraud and fraud claims for most of the past decade. "I think it's completely overblown, I think it's meant to be a distraction."

"This stuff does not threaten the outcome of the election," said Minnite. "How many illegal ballots have been cast by people who are fraudulently registered to vote? By my count, it's zero. I just don't know of any, I've been looking for years for this stuff."

here is what was said

ABC News: McCain ACORN Fears Overblown: Experts

"There's no evidence that any of these invalid registrations lead to any invalid votes," said David Becker, project director of the "Make Voting Work" initiative for the Pew Charitable Trusts.

Becker should know: he was a lawyer for the Bush administration until 2005, in the Justice Department's voting rights section, which was part of the administration's aggressive anti-vote-fraud effort.

"The Justice Department really made prosecution of voter fraud of this sort a big priority in the first half of this decade, and they really didn't come up with anything," he said.

The Republicans have an ELECTIONS FRAUD issue. Voter fraud is nothing compared to stealing an entire election. A couple of bogus votes here and there don't amount to shit.

Did you even read what the experts said Allinbabble?

There is no fraud you silly womam.

They make people fear ACORN so that when ACORN come to registar them they turn them away.

They did the same thing last election and in the end (after the election of course) NOTHING wrong is found.

Why allie , why would you defend a party who has as much contempt for you?

They dont give a rats ass about you.

If people fear Acorn, that's Acorn's problem, not anyone else's. When you have Acorn spastics chasing people down the street, the only person "disenfranchising" voters are the Acorn employees.

And I notice you didn't address the question....how does requiring the law to be followed with regard to voter registration make people "afraid"?

I don't like the fact that people are crummy enough to register fraudulently, but I really don't know how those will make a difference on election day... I do think that the organizations should be punished and their licenses revoked if it is something that can be proven to be systematic.

I don't like the fact that people are crummy enough to register fraudulently, but I really don't know how those will make a difference on election day... I do think that the organizations should be punished and their licenses revoked if it is something that can be proven to be systematic.
the design is to disrupt the election and cause problems
in the hope that in the confusing, they will get some frauds through
if you overwhelm the system, the chances of getting caught is less likely

but it wasnt voter fraud
Voting knowingly in the wrong precinct is a felony. Voting unknowingly in the wrong precinct is a fraudulent vote.

As I stated above, this is the only known case of voter fraud in Florida in recent history that I've heard of, and the fact that you defend actual voter fraud because it was done by a republican is telling.

Voting knowingly in the wrong precinct is a felony. Voting unknowingly in the wrong precinct is a fraudulent vote.

As I stated above, this is the only known case of voter fraud in Florida in recent history that I've heard of, and the fact that you defend actual voter fraud because it was done by a republican is telling.
it wasnt fraud you moron

I used to work for ACORN. They DO over cast ballots. however this is not to change the election results, rather get paid per ballot. and there are no connection to any major politicians.

Forum List

Back