Election experts sound off on ACORN

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
ABC News: McCain ACORN Fears Overblown: Experts

"There's no evidence that any of these invalid registrations lead to any invalid votes," said David Becker, project director of the "Make Voting Work" initiative for the Pew Charitable Trusts.

Becker should know: he was a lawyer for the Bush administration until 2005, in the Justice Department's voting rights section, which was part of the administration's aggressive anti-vote-fraud effort.

"The Justice Department really made prosecution of voter fraud of this sort a big priority in the first half of this decade, and they really didn't come up with anything," he said.

ABC News: McCain ACORN Fears Overblown: Experts

"There's no evidence that any of these invalid registrations lead to any invalid votes," said David Becker, project director of the "Make Voting Work" initiative for the Pew Charitable Trusts.

Becker should know: he was a lawyer for the Bush administration until 2005, in the Justice Department's voting rights section, which was part of the administration's aggressive anti-vote-fraud effort.

"The Justice Department really made prosecution of voter fraud of this sort a big priority in the first half of this decade, and they really didn't come up with anything," he said.

That's because there was a cover up and you know it.

• Banned
"We're chasing these ghosts of voter fraud, like chickens without a head," said Lorraine Minnite, a political science professor at Barnard College in New York who has researched voter fraud and fraud claims for most of the past decade. "I think it's completely overblown, I think it's meant to be a distraction."

"This stuff does not threaten the outcome of the election," said Minnite. "How many illegal ballots have been cast by people who are fraudulently registered to vote? By my count, it's zero. I just don't know of any, I've been looking for years for this stuff."

"We're chasing these ghosts of voter fraud, like chickens without a head," said Lorraine Minnite, a political science professor at Barnard College in New York who has researched voter fraud and fraud claims for most of the past decade. "I think it's completely overblown, I think it's meant to be a distraction."

"This stuff does not threaten the outcome of the election," said Minnite. "How many illegal ballots have been cast by people who are fraudulently registered to vote? By my count, it's zero. I just don't know of any, I've been looking for years for this stuff."

That's the excuse they all try---since no one ever caught a fraudulent voter it means there aren't any---oh sure !!:eusa_whistle:

• Banned
go find one then?

It seems no one can find Big Foot either?

That's because there was a cover up and you know it.

What cover up? How can I go in and vote as Mickey Mouse? Sounds more like a joke than a conspiracy.

And you guys called us conspiracy theorists because we said Bush lied us into Iraq for money, so I don't think you are a good judge of this.

That's the excuse they all try---since no one ever caught a fraudulent voter it means there aren't any---oh sure !!:eusa_whistle:

Isn't that why you continue to say Bush didn't steal the last two elections? We have a ton of evidence and irregularities that suggest he did but you refuse to believe.

• Banned
The cover up is this is designed to scare people away from getting registered.

Republicans do better when the turnout is low.

They dont want more voters participating

• Banned
Dont you guys want to talk about ACORN anymore?

I cant imagine why not?

The cover up is this is designed to scare people away from getting registered.

Republicans do better when the turnout is low.

They dont want more voters participating

Tell me how people are "scared" by meeting the voter registration requirements?

And yes, Republicans do better when we don't have the left committing voter fraud all over the place.

Did you even read what the experts said Allinbabble?

There is no fraud you silly womam.

They make people fear ACORN so that when ACORN come to registar them they turn them away.

They did the same thing last election and in the end (after the election of course) NOTHING wrong is found.

Why allie , why would you defend a party who has as much contempt for you?

They dont give a rats ass about you.

Well Ill just have to earmark this thread for the next time some fool trys to mouth that ACORN did this or that.

What cover up? How can I go in and vote as Mickey Mouse? Sounds more like a joke than a conspiracy.

And you guys called us conspiracy theorists because we said Bush lied us into Iraq for money, so I don't think you are a good judge of this.

Exactly right, this is not VOTER fraud...but registration fraud commited by a few people wanting to make a few extra bucks, not ACORN as an organization. They registered 1.3 million voters and all anyone talks about is a few thousand bogus registration cards? Are you kidding me, they should get an effing medal for that shit. Just because a few idiots got greedy does not mean that ACORN as an organization is trying to rig an election, anyone who makes this an issue is stupid and is trying to politicize anything and everything because they are desperate. Obama is winning and there is nothing they can do about it, this happend two years ago with the senate elections as well, same exact thing and died down the exact same way. Nobody can literally go into a voters booth and vote in a presidential election as mickey mouse. You must have valid ID's to vote and unless you have dozens of government stamped ID's, I dont see how ACORN is trying to rig an election. Especially when they publicly denounced this behavior and fired the workers who fraudulently registered fake names.

And lastly, you cant rig an election with a few thousand registration cards or even votes for that matter. You rig an election by stopping a recount that would have decided the true winner of 25 electoral votes. (florida recount 2000.)

and say that people in democratic strongholds should have fewer voting machines per voters so they end up standing in a november rain for 11 hours to vote.

Imagine the 80 year old black woman standing in the rain for 11 hours to vote because she made the mistake of being born black and middle class.

ACORN scares the shit out of the right. It successfully registers minority and poor voters who tend to vote Democratic. They don't want this.

This is another one of the bogeyman arguments to cover the facts. For McConfused to say that this is the greatest threat to our democracy shows what a blowhard liar he is.

Alli, you still haven't justified that Jeb Bush put 95,000 primarily democratic voters on a felon list that proved to be fataly flawed.

As in some were accused of crimes that hadn't been committed at the time of the list.

ACORN is a distraction and Bullshit from the right.

The problem with ACORN is their requirement of each worker each day to get paid. They are required to get 20 cards a day. When I did voter registration in 1988 for the Dems (yeah you saw that right... I went non-party then Republican during the Clinton years) they paid us $1.25 per card. We had issues even then.

The only way to really stop these issues is to ban paid voter registration workers. Volunteer only. If it's of such great importance the workers will come.

AH the whole post is about the experts in elections saying there is NO PROBLEM here worth sweating over.

Why do you refuse to see the truth?

No offense intended to anyone here, but this is just a thought here in all this ACORN mess. Since when did it become a corporate responsibility to register a person or persons to vote. The right to vote is the right on an individual and therefor it is THEIR responsibility to make sure they have done what is needed to register. It seems fairly obvious to me. It also seems that when you have a company, or agenda driven group in the responsibility business it would be hard to seperate that agenda from the act of registration. Just a thought.

Forum List

Back