Election ends... Then What?

seth1492

Sep 15, 2008
Man, good thing the election ends tonight! Things are very heated and everyone is still complaining about politics that happened in the primaries. The primaries are over, Hilary, Mitt, they are all out this year. After tonight one o f the other candidates will be as well. The real question is no matter who is president, what are we going to do now? I mean really, is it going to matter by the end of tomorrow all the bickering today? Most of you have voted, no minds are being changed, so what will you do to make it a better America tomorrow?

I know that ideology matters. I am not saying to forgo them, but the story of the 2008 election is reaching its conclusion tonight (we can only hope). So whether Obama or McCain win tonight, what are we gonna do to make America a better place?

The President only does so much, its the people that shape the country...

Man, good thing the election ends tonight! Things are very heated and everyone is still complaining about politics that happened in the primaries. The primaries are over, Hilary, Mitt, they are all out this year. After tonight one o f the other candidates will be as well. The real question is no matter who is president, what are we going to do now? I mean really, is it going to matter by the end of tomorrow all the bickering today? Most of you have voted, no minds are being changed, so what will you do to make it a better America tomorrow?

I know that ideology matters. I am not saying to forgo them, but the story of the 2008 election is reaching its conclusion tonight (we can only hope). So whether Obama or McCain win tonight, what are we gonna do to make America a better place?

McCain wins I'm leaving the country

McCain wins I'm leaving the country

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that in regards to Bush... Would one of you just up and leave the damned country already, rather than just blathering about it?

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that in regards to Bush... Would one of you just up and leave the damned country already, rather than just blathering about it?

If the people who said that about Bush had actually honored their word, they wouldn't be around to vote for Mr Redistribute My Wallet this time.:badgrin:

If the people who said that about Bush had actually honored their word, they wouldn't be around to vote for Mr Redistribute My Wallet this time.:badgrin:

I nearly responded the same, couldn't be bothered though. If all those who claimed to be leaving after 2004 left, McCain would be measuring the drapes, instead of Obama.

ever notice that libwals only worry about making America a better place when they've had their little temper tantrums and finally gotten their way. The other 8 years America could just suck hind tit and if you didn't like it well too fucking bad. They were being patriotic.. Well, now I'm going to be patriotic. Obama just plain sucks.

Well I for one was happy to see the black panthers providing security at some precincts. Their "We are sick of white supremacy" comments we're so nostalgic, I just wanted to throw a whiskey bottle through a storefront window.
Have fun until the draft is started back again, with no money to keep our troops and your teenagers safe.
You fuckin' idiot's

Last edited:
Well I for one was happy to see the black panthers providing security at some precincts. Their "We are sick of white supremacy" comments we're so nostalgic. I just wanted to throw a whiskey bottle through a storefront window.
Have fun until the draft is started back again, with no money to keep our troops and your teenagers safe.
You fuckin' idiot's

a big positive rep. my sentiments exactly. we have elected hate, pure unadulterated hate. MacWrigheousness in his gated white community is drinking the champagne. :clap2:

ever notice that libwals only worry about making America a better place when they've had their little temper tantrums and finally gotten their way. The other 8 years America could just suck hind tit and if you didn't like it well too fucking bad. They were being patriotic.. Well, now I'm going to be patriotic. Obama just plain sucks.

I think perhaps you are doing yourself, as well as other conservatives, an injustice by purposefully twisting the word "liberal." There are good liberals and bad ones. Then there are the leftwingnuts, moonbats and bots.

However, you might want to consider differentiating between them when you post. That is unless you agree with the loons that think everyone to the right of them is a Republican.

Just saying ....

I think perhaps you are doing yourself, as well as other conservatives, an injustice by purposefully twisting the word "liberal." There are good liberals and bad ones. Then there are the leftwingnuts, moonbats and bots.

However, you might want to consider differentiating between them when you post. That is unless you agree with the loons that think everyone to the right of them is a Republican.

Just saying ....

I'm talking to and about the ones who have preached such hatred of Bush and McCain Palin and have been just downright nasty. They know which they are and the good liberas know I am not adressing them. Now the libwals the whining crybaby brand know who they are.

I'm talking to and about the ones who have preached such hatred of Bush and McCain Palin and have been just downright nasty. They know which they are and the good liberas know I am not adressing them. Now the libwals the whining crybaby brand know who they are.

who, exactly, would be those 'liberals who know you are not addressing them'?

I think you may be assuming much. Have you ever met a leftwingnut extremist, or a rightwingnut extremist, that didn't claim to be a moderate? I never have.

I don't know about you, but it annoys me greatly every time some newby comes on here and immediately relegates me to religious, anti-gay, pro-life right wing extremist Republican status simply because I'm conservative about most things. And I'm almost as insulted by being called a Republican as I would be being called a Democrat. Almost.

Point is, dollars to donuts "they" DON'T know who "they" are. I haven't run across any. And I DO know who you mean. Identify them for the extremists they are.

I think you may be assuming much. Have you ever met a leftwingnut extremist, or a rightwingnut extremist, that didn't claim to be a moderate? I never have.

I don't know about you, but it annoys me greatly every time some newby comes on here and immediately relegates me to religious, anti-gay, pro-life right wing extremist Republican status simply because I'm conservative about most things. And I'm almost as insulted by being called a Republican as I would be being called a Democrat. Almost.

Point is, dollars to donuts "they" DON'T know who "they" are. I haven't run across any. And I DO know who you mean. Identify them for the extremists they are.

You religious, anti-gay, pro-life, right wing extremist facist Republican!

Kidding Gunny, don't shoot me. :eek:

then what ---> A fairy tale moment.

Congrats Bush 43. You set up the next president very nicely. You played the heel really well.

Bad economies = Good motives to have them every pre-November election years.

Last edited:
I Hope You Judge Obama The Way You Judge Bush, Blame Him When Gas Goes Up, Blame Him When You Get Pay Less, Blame Him When You Child Doesn't Do Good In School, Blame Him For Everything Bad In Your Life

See I think it is funny the way that the conversation has gone... Suddenly it is hotly contested and very partisan. I think that the Republicans (me included) got a bad rap these last 8 years. I think there definitely were some problems, but also some understatements of the great things done. On the other hand, treating Obama just as crappy as bush and the republicans isn't going to fix jack freaking squat! I am tired of this country sucking because none of us can get a grip on helping each other. If we really cared about America, then we would do whatever we could to make it better. I'm not saying throw our support blindly behind Obama because that's dumb. But we should do what we can to build America based on what we believe is right. If you are for small gov't, give more to charity and volunteer so the gov't doesn't have to. If you are for a stronger economy, get yourself out of debt and help others through non-profits get trained so that they can obtain jobs, or better jobs. I am sick of the liberal v. conservative narrative that we always hear. Everyone should shut up and do something. Ideology means nothing if we can't live it or apply it to real life. Stop waiting for the American dream and freaking build it yourself.

Forum List

Back