Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

Where are all these dreaded 'Militias' the Left-Bots keep droning on & on about? A couple of kooks playing War in the woods, does not constitute a 'Militia.' Now the Black Panthers? That's a Militia. And the Left just adores them. So it's time for the Left to stop with their silly Militia Boogeyman fear mongering. It's not only stupid, but it also leads to awful tragedies.

Where are all these dreaded 'Militias' the Left-Bots keep droning on & on about? A couple of kooks playing War in the woods, does not constitute a 'Militia.' Now the Black Panthers? That's a Militia. And the Left just adores them. So it's time for the Left to stop with their silly Militia Boogeyman fear mongering. It's not only stupid, but it also leads to awful tragedies.

Hey.... here's a list....Militia Groups

The Left has been whining & fear mongering about their Militia Boogeyman for years. Yet no one i know has ever seen a 'Militia' in their life. And i seriously doubt anyone on this Board has ever seen one either. What is a 'Militia' anyway? I'm pretty sure the Left has no idea. Also, Militias are legal in America anyway. That's unless the Dear Leader has declared them Terrorists? The only Militia i've seen in recent years would be the Black Panthers. And the Left doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I mean those thugs actually show up on Election Day to intimidate Voters for God's sake. So lets not buy into the Left's Militia Boogeyman hysteria again. Lets not have anymore Wacos and Ruby Ridges.

I can't tell if you are too stupid, or just too lazy to click the link I provided to answer your own questions. I am typing as slow as I can here, so please try to keep up.

Yet no one i know has ever seen a 'Militia' in their life.

There were 149 militias and patriot groups when Obama took office, compared to more than 1,200 today — an increase of 755 percent, the nonprofit civil rights organization reported.

The patriot movement first peaked in 1994, said Potok, the author of the SPLC report, in the aftermath of deadly confrontations at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992 and Waco, Texas in 1993, where anti-government groups came under siege by federal authorities.

Membership then dropped sharply during President George W. Bush’s two terms before rebounding in late 2008 after the election of Obama, which created a backlash that included "several plots to murder Obama," according to SPLC.

What is a 'Militia' anyway?

The SPLC defines the "patriot" movement as made up of conspiracy-minded individuals who see the federal government as their primary enemy. The movement includes paramilitary militias as well as groups of "sovereign citizens," who believe they are not subject to federal or state laws, nor obligated to pay federal taxes, according to SPLC.

Also, Militias are legal in America anyway.

You are correct that Militias are legal. However, when members of said militia commit felonies, one has to wonder what the leaders of the militias are teaching and training the membership. There are multiple examples of imprisoned or on trial militia members in the story. Too many to reproduce for you here.

And the Left doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I mean those thugs actually show up on Election Day to intimidate Voters for God's sake.

Do they show up with guns and threaten voters? I mean come on, dude. If you're skeered, say you're skeered....

The Left has been whining & fear mongering about their Militia Boogeyman for years. Yet no one i know has ever seen a 'Militia' in their life. And i seriously doubt anyone on this Board has ever seen one either. What is a 'Militia' anyway? I'm pretty sure the Left has no idea. Also, Militias are legal in America anyway. That's unless the Dear Leader has declared them Terrorists? The only Militia i've seen in recent years would be the Black Panthers. And the Left doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I mean those thugs actually show up on Election Day to intimidate Voters for God's sake. So lets not buy into the Left's Militia Boogeyman hysteria again. Lets not have anymore Wacos and Ruby Ridges.

I can't tell if you are too stupid, or just too lazy to click the link I provided to answer your own questions. I am typing as slow as I can here, so please try to keep up.

There were 149 militias and patriot groups when Obama took office, compared to more than 1,200 today — an increase of 755 percent, the nonprofit civil rights organization reported.

The patriot movement first peaked in 1994, said Potok, the author of the SPLC report, in the aftermath of deadly confrontations at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992 and Waco, Texas in 1993, where anti-government groups came under siege by federal authorities.

Membership then dropped sharply during President George W. Bush’s two terms before rebounding in late 2008 after the election of Obama, which created a backlash that included "several plots to murder Obama," according to SPLC.

The SPLC defines the "patriot" movement as made up of conspiracy-minded individuals who see the federal government as their primary enemy. The movement includes paramilitary militias as well as groups of "sovereign citizens," who believe they are not subject to federal or state laws, nor obligated to pay federal taxes, according to SPLC.

You are correct that Militias are legal. However, when members of said militia commit felonies, one has to wonder what the leaders of the militias are teaching and training the membership. There are multiple examples of imprisoned or on trial militia members in the story. Too many to reproduce for you here.

And the Left doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I mean those thugs actually show up on Election Day to intimidate Voters for God's sake.

Do they show up with guns and threaten voters? I mean come on, dude. If you're skeered, say you're skeered....

What is a 'Militia?' Are the Black Panthers a Militia? If so, do you support them?

Screen shot from a training video used by the Christian militia group Hutaree in March 2010. The group was allegedly preparing for a battle with the Antichrist, whom they believed would be supported by local, state and federal officials. Nine were arrested and charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs.

I do not claim to be a devout Christian, but know a little about the Bible, and do not recall anywhere that Christianity supports killing poilice officers or blowing up a funeral procession? Are these the sort of voters that Santorum is targeting??

U.S. News - Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

:lol: SLPC (Southern Poverty Law Center) & MSNBC? Real nice sources you got there. Now i get it. You're a deranged Obama-Bot. I should have known. :cuckoo:

No, just billy clubs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MTQVMatW0]RACIST GROUP INTIMIDATES VOTERS - YouTube[/ame]

What is a 'Militia?' Are the Black Panthers a Militia? If so, do you support them?

Do I have to do all of your research for you?

mi·li·tia/məˈliSHə/Noun: 1.A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
2.A military force that engages in rebel activities.

Now, about the Black Panthers:

The Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation was founded in 1993 in Oakland, California, by David Hilliard and Fredrika Newton. Its purpose is to honor the legacy of Black Panther Party co-founder Huey P. Newton, effecting progressive social change by teaching practical lessons of community service. Beginning in the 1960s, the Black Panther Party pioneered free social service programs that now are in the mainstream of American life. The Party's Sickle Cell Anemia Research Foundation, operated with Oakland's Children's Hospital, was among the nation's first sickle cell testing programs, and inspired the federal government's initial funding of sickle cell research. Its Free Breakfast Program served as a model for such children's programs nationwide. The Foundation is committed to enhancing community awareness of these and other contributions that have served the needs of America's most disempowered citizens. These contributions are the basis for the work that remains to be done to build a meaningful, inclusive society for all.

BlackPanther.orgIAbout HPNF

mi·li·tia/məˈliSHə/Noun: 1.A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

The Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation was founded in 1993 in Oakland, California, by David Hilliard and Fredrika Newton. Its purpose is to honor the legacy of Black Panther Party co-founder Huey P. Newton, effecting progressive social change by teaching practical lessons of community service. Beginning in the 1960s, the Black Panther Party pioneered free social service programs that now are in the mainstream of American life. The Party's Sickle Cell Anemia Research Foundation, operated with Oakland's Children's Hospital, was among the nation's first sickle cell testing programs, and inspired the federal government's initial funding of sickle cell research. Its Free Breakfast Program served as a model for such children's programs nationwide. The Foundation is committed to enhancing community awareness of these and other contributions that have served the needs of America's most disempowered citizens. These contributions are the basis for the work that remains to be done to build a meaningful, inclusive society for all.

Yes, the Black panthers did a lot of good things in Oakland, Berkeley and Richmond, Cal. back in the late 60's and early 70's. I grew up there then as it was happening.

They did a lot of BAD shit, too.

No, just billy clubs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MTQVMatW0]RACIST GROUP INTIMIDATES VOTERS - YouTube[/ame]

Yup. At least those Militia Boogeymen the Left always bitches about, don't show up on Election day with clubs to intimidate Voters.

:lol: You zany Obama-Bots.

Anytime someone uses the SPLC & MSNBC as sources, i know it's time for me to exit. This thread is BULLSHITE! See Ya! :)

A Federal judge in Detroit threw out all the major charges against the Hutaree seven today.

I told you so.

Screen shot from a training video used by the Christian militia group Hutaree in March 2010. The group was allegedly preparing for a battle with the Antichrist, whom they believed would be supported by local, state and federal officials. Nine were arrested and charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs.

I do not claim to be a devout Christian, but know a little about the Bible, and do not recall anywhere that Christianity supports killing poilice officers or blowing up a funeral procession? Are these the sort of voters that Santorum is targeting??

U.S. News - Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

I read the article, I'm looking for more than generalizations, like some links to these groups. Seems if they are so dangerous, MSNBC should be highlighting them, no?

Extremism begets extremism. What you see is that there are people who expect the government to war against them. What groups like this say, more than anything else, is that our government will eventually do to its people what Assad is doing to the Syrian people.

They are unbelievably foolish people. They can sit around with their little popguns dreaming unreasonable dreams when they should be paying more attention to how Syria does treat its people. Individual arms cannot succeed against bombs and mortar shells.

Free people are entitled to be foolish, and entitled to their beliefs, as long as those beliefs are not a threat to others.

Forum List

Back