Election 2012: Romney 45%, Obama 39%

Romney is Competent and has a stellar Resume for the job of getting our Economy going. Obama is clearly not Competent.

I would call that a change for the better.

Didn't Romney inherit part of his wealth and then get the other part from buying, dismantling and selling companies?

How is that a stellar resume for a position where we want job creation?

If Romney inherited money, so what? Taxes were paid on that money, twice at least.

Romney took over the SLC Olympics, which was running in the red, and turned it into a money maker.

Romney purchased a company that would have filed bankruptcy and reorganized the company.
Did some people lose jobs because of this? Yes, they did.
Did ALL people lose jobs because of this? No, they didn't.
If Romney had not re-org'ed this company everyone would have lost their job.

Why do you hate job savers?

Republicans are so excited. All those jobs President Romney will move to China.

Romney can do well against Obama but first he's gonna have to grow a very thick skin and get tougher. The Left Smear-Machine is gonna savage him. He better be prepared for a vicious fight.

Spoiled rich kid doesn't deserve it, nor the non-stop a-hole GOP, but at least Dems will cooperate a bit. But the GOP deserves NOTHING but to learn how to get along with a second term, the insufferable bought off a-holes and dupes.

And ACA's repeal would be a tragedy, morons. People actually want it reformed or expanded, only 39% want it repealed- poll today. CBS I think.

Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent
Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Obumble is going down.

I'm not a Romeny fan but I'll take him over Obama any day. Romney at least has some kind of record that doesn't involve voting Present.

Only because the guy almost never wins elections.

You got to get elected to stuff before you can actually vote on something.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

RCP average: Obama +1.6 over Romney. Rasmussen is, as usual, a right-tilted outlier.

This illustrates once more that Rasmussen should not be trusted more than two weeks before the election. He has two different polling modes: "set-a-narrative" and "get-it-right." When taking polls long before the election, he skews his methods and especially his "likely voter" screens to produce results tilted towards the result he wants to encourage. A few weeks before the election, he switches to "get-it-right" mode, takes a poll that is intended to reflect reality, and is then highly reliable. He does that in order to earn the reputation for accuracy that allows him to set narratives in his more usual polls.

So I'll believe a Rasmussen poll starting in mid October 2012. I don't believe it now.

You need to produce proof of your claim.

You are charging that a polling company deliberately produces bad results and then deliberate produces good results. Does this not strike you as just a tad demented?

Did he also slant his methods to produce the rise and fall of all of the NotRomneys?

It seems obvious that this is a particularly volatile voting group in Iowa and in the country. As a group, we are a bunch of pissed off puppies and we are likely to vote as a population with a chip on our collective shoulder.

Romney needs to do exactly what Reagan did. Describe the situation as it is, pin the blame on the incumbent and asks the voter if he's better off today than he was 4 years ago.

There is no trickery involved in this. The Big 0 has been slashing at our collective wrist for 3 years now and it's time to take the razor away.

Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent

Obumble is going down.

I know it's not something that is in your DNA but would you like to make a friendly wager? I'm sure betting doesn't violate your DNA...being friendly does.

How about this; if ANY ONE...TEA Party, GOP, etc....beats Mr. Obama in the 2012 election, I will change my sig line to the following:

All Hail President (fill in last name of victor), Your President, My President, Our President.

If Mr. Obama wins in 2012, you change yours to:

All Hail President Obama , Your President, My President, Our President.

And leave it there until 2013.

Simple bet, no money involved, just your sig line.

If you're really that confident and stand by your statements.....you're risking nothing.

How about it Grumps? Chicken?

Guess ACORN will be back to work in Penn and Ohio. I still look foward to O'Bozo making speeches to mass crowds in western/mainland Ohio and Penn. Can you imagine what would happen if Obama only draws miniscule crowds next year? will the MSM lie and photp-shop crowds of 3000 ?

Canera angles do everything that is needed. There was a picture of Cindy Sheehan in her hay day that looked like she was in the midst of a crowd of thousands.

Dolly back and it turned out that the crowd was a little like the last supper except there were more photographers than subjects in the photo.

It was both funny and pathetic. Also, it was revealing of the bias in the media. The photo that seemed to show an immense crowd was the front page photo. The photo that showed the pitifully small group huddled together and alone amid the sea of photographers was the editing room floor photo.

Obumble is going down.

Well, the "accuracy" of a Rasmussen poll has already been pointed out. Even if this is 100% accurate though, it doesn't bode well for the GOP. Obama done zero campaigning so far, compared to the GOP's weekly reality show "Who Wants to be a President?"

Wait until Obama starts campaigning. Things will change.

You're kidding, right? The only thing he's done since he started campaigning is to continue to campaign.

He never stops. He's the Energizer Campaigning Bunny.

Obumble is going down.

Well, the "accuracy" of a Rasmussen poll has already been pointed out. Even if this is 100% accurate though, it doesn't bode well for the GOP. Obama done zero campaigning so far, compared to the GOP's weekly reality show "Who Wants to be a President?"

You're kidding, right? The only thing he's done since he started campaigning is to continue to campaign.

If you think this has been "campaigning"...just wait.

Everything a politician does in office can be seen as political. Obama has done far less than you say he has done.

RomneyCare vs ObamaCare, boy oh boy I can't wait for next year's election it's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting! Change is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Romney is Competent and has a stellar Resume for the job of getting our Economy going. Obama is clearly not Competent.

Didn't Romney inherit part of his wealth and then get the other part from buying, dismantling and selling companies?

How is that a stellar resume for a position where we want job creation?

Have you been living under a rock for the last three years?

RomneyCare vs ObamaCare, boy oh boy I can't wait for next year's election it's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting! Change is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you republicans pretend to care if a conservative is elected then?

I hear you guys talk about it all the time, then you ONLY prop up big gov't liberals (Romney, Newt, McCain).

Obumble is going down.

I'm not a Romeny fan but I'll take him over Obama any day. Romney at least has some kind of record that doesn't involve voting Present.

Change your avatar. It's making me embarrassed for you.

You need to produce proof of your claim.

The OP offered evidence of it. That Rasmussen is almost always a right-leaning outlier, except in the final weeks before the election, when his poll suddenly becomes much closer to the others AND he has an impressive prediction record, is evidence either of what I'm saying here or of an amazing coincidence.

You are charging that a polling company deliberately produces bad results and then deliberate produces good results. Does this not strike you as just a tad demented?

Nope. There's a perfectly sound reason to do it, which I already explained, but here you are again. Rasmussen is an ideological conservative and a partisan Republican. He wants to set a narrative in which the GOP and/or conservatism are shown to have more strength than they really do, because this can be a self-fulfilling prophecy, encouraging supporters and discouraging opponents. That and making money are the two reasons he's in the polling business at all. But in order to have the credibility to allow him to set such a narrative, he has to show that he can call an election accurately. So his polls close to election day can be relied upon. Those that are much earlier -- well, there are no results that can prove them wrong, are there?

The reason Rasmussen is so popular among conservatives is exactly that: his polls (except the ones right before the election) make things look rosier from a right-wing perspective than they really are. He's telling conservatives what they want to believe, or as close as he can come to it without blowing all his credibility completely. Not only does that help his political purposes, but it also helps him make money.

Did he also slant his methods to produce the rise and fall of all of the NotRomneys?

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention then. He may have been, but it's not obvious up front that he would have.

If you think this has been "campaigning"...just wait.

Everything a politician does in office can be seen as political. Obama has done far less than you say he has done.

When George Bush ignored the recommendations of his own committee and pushed the Iraq surge, which everyone predicted would be a failure, how was that political?

Forum List

Back