Election 2010

the ability to inspire confidence of a Jindal...

You must not live in Louisiana. Jindal loses a lot of his shine when forced to actually make decisions. He was not at all helpful during the last budget crisis in the state.

Well as our current President demonstrates quite frequently, great sounding oratory does not always translate to great decisions or great deeds. And, admittedly, when its all words and no results, you're right that the bloom does tend to fade on the rose pretty quickly. I don't know much about Jindal's track record in Louisiana, but he does have the gift of oratory when he's on his game and that's why I picked him as an example of one who can inspire.

I agree with ff that both Barak and Bobby can inspire with their oratory. I believe that neither have delivered the results that their proponents had hoped for.

Good trends for sure, but it is really important that conservatives do not become either complacent or arrogant at this point. Let's keep focusing on those principles that the Tea Partiers and Tax Protest groups are promoting, agree with the Sarah Palin's on our side as their approval ratings continue to rise, and be in favor of real reform, fixing what is broke, and restoring what we have lost rather than thinking it will be enough just to beat the other guys.

If we manage to regain some control and blow it again, there may not be another conservative elected in this country ever.

It's so bad for the Dems that McCain may even consider flipping to a Republican!

:lol:

Poor John. He really does have some solid conservative principles, but ruined himself trying to be concilitory to Democrats who are willing to take anything they can get but never reciprocate the favor. And in the process, he gave the appearance of selling his soul in the mistaken belief that the American people are so eager for bipartisanship that they don't care about core values. McCain/Feingold stands as a great monument to a conservative sellout to opportunistic liberalism and self serving graft. We can only hope that somebody will challenge it in the courts so that it can be ruled the unconstitutional mess that it is.

Figure it this way dude if the Reps don't head off the Dems by 2010 this is going to get one hell of a lot worse before it ever gets better.
With what republicans have shown me since '94, I have zero faith in their ability to make anything better.

Might as well just issue the ammo and let's get it over with.

I have to agree. The only hope is, that if they win, they learned a big assed lesson. They got their asses kicked in 04 and 08. One can only hope that if they gain power again. They will return to their 94 form. If not. We are all screwed once again.

Figure it this way dude if the Reps don't head off the Dems by 2010 this is going to get one hell of a lot worse before it ever gets better.
With what republicans have shown me since '94, I have zero faith in their ability to make anything better.

Might as well just issue the ammo and let's get it over with.

I have to agree. The only hope is, that if they win, they learned a big assed lesson. They got their asses kicked in 04 and 08. One can only hope that if they gain power again. They will return to their 94 form. If not. We are all screwed once again.

They stayed in '94 form for how long again?

At this point I think the best bet is a Democrat in the White House, and a Republican controlled House and Senate. In recent history that's worked out best. Republican POTUS and Legislature gave us the Bush/DeLay/Frist era, Democratic POTUS and Legislature gave us the current mess, and Republican POTUS/Democratic Legislature gave us 2006-2008 and the deficits from Reagan.

Forum List

Back