Election 2010

We were ahead in the presidential race until the litmus test of the stimulus plan showed our resident politicos were retards.

If Obama pulls his head out of his ass and mellows his ham-fisted approach the dems will still have a decent chance, and he could even get a 2nd term.

Personally, I think he's looking for kingship. I think he will self-destruct, and the dem party with him.

Of course, that's what both sides have been saying about each other for the last 20 years. Or more.

Republicans Remain Ahead on Generic Ballot for Third Straight Week ....Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

The tide is shifting faster than I thought - thus the Democrat's rush to pass state-run health care and the Cap n Tax plan...

Confidence in Obama's ability to manage the economy has seriously eroded and as a consequence:

Additionally, in looking ahead to 2012, the Poll finds that 42% of voters say they would vote to
re-elect President Obama, while 39% say they would vote for someone else. The June Poll
found that 46% of voters said they would vote to re-elect President Obama and 30% of voters
would vote for someone else.

http://www.diageohotlinepoll.com/do...oll/FDDiageoHotlinePollJulyRelease_071509.pdf

It's not even clear that he will get his party's nomination in 2012.

Republicans Remain Ahead on Generic Ballot for Third Straight Week ....Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

The tide is shifting faster than I thought - thus the Democrat's rush to pass state-run health care and the Cap n Tax plan...

Confidence in Obama's ability to manage the economy has seriously eroded and as a consequence:

Additionally, in looking ahead to 2012, the Poll finds that 42% of voters say they would vote to
re-elect President Obama, while 39% say they would vote for someone else. The June Poll
found that 46% of voters said they would vote to re-elect President Obama and 30% of voters

http://www.diageohotlinepoll.com/do...oll/FDDiageoHotlinePollJulyRelease_071509.pdf

Obama would have to become seriously unpopular to not get the nomination in 2012, but I do believe he is vulnerable to be a one-termer IF the Republicans can emerge a more unified and fiscally conservative party who has a charismatic figure to represent such a platform.

As of yet, the Repubs are a long ways off from that...

Figure it this way dude if the Reps don't head off the Dems by 2010 this is going to get one hell of a lot worse before it ever gets better.
With what republicans have shown me since '94, I have zero faith in their ability to make anything better.

Might as well just issue the ammo and let's get it over with.

However, with the Republicans in control, we wouldn't have the stimulus, cap and trade or this insane health care bill. Wouldn't that be better?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The Reps 94 to 2000 governed very much differently than they did after the Gingrich coalition fell apart when jumpin Jim bolted and left the Dem's in charge of the Senate in 2001.

Figure it this way dude if the Reps don't head off the Dems by 2010 this is going to get one hell of a lot worse before it ever gets better.
With what republicans have shown me since '94, I have zero faith in their ability to make anything better.

However, with the Republicans in control, we wouldn't have the stimulus, cap and trade or this insane health care bill. Wouldn't that be better?
Bullshit.

McOldfart was all about cap-n-gouge, stupid health care "reforms" that added up to more federal control, and was just as big a moron on economic issues as the current moron-in-chief.

We were basically fucked either way the election went.

Yes, yes it would.

I have tried repeatedly to explain this to my Democrat friends who for a number of years complained about how Bush was spending the country into more and more debt.

Now with Obama and Co., who have furthered that spending - they no longer wish to talke about it. Well, some of them anyway. Others are starting to complain that Obama doesn't appear to know what he is doing - so I take some comfort in that. If some lifetime liberals on a college campus are willing to admit that, there must be many more Americans who are really feeling concerned over Obama...

Bullshit.

McOldfart was all about cap-n-gouge, stupid health care "reforms" that added up to more federal control, and was just as big a moron on economic issues as the current moron-in-chief.

Except now it is up the ass.

W/O lube...

Everyone feels concerned. Everyone is scared shitless.

However, I pray that Obama shapes up. I never really wanted to live through the end times.

Now with Obama and Co., who have furthered that spending - they no longer wish to talke about it. Well, some of them anyway. Others are starting to complain that Obama doesn't appear to know what he is doing - so I take some comfort in that. If some lifetime liberals on a college campus are willing to admit that, there must be many more Americans who are really feeling concerned over Obama...
McAsshole has no idea, either!!

One of the most telling moments during the republican debates was when Dr. Paul asked that nitwit about some weighty economic issue ( I can't remember off the top of my head), and McDickhead stammered and fumbled on incoherently like Barry on the kronik!!

McAsshole has no idea, either!!

One of the most telling moments during the republican debates was when Dr. Paul asked that nitwit about some weighty economic issue ( I can't remember off the top of my head), and McDickhead stammered and fumbled on incoherently like Barry on the kronik!!

Chronic?

Obama would have to become seriously unpopular to not get the nomination in 2012, but I do believe he is vulnerable to be a one-termer IF the Republicans can emerge a more unified and fiscally conservative party who has a charismatic figure to represent such a platform.

As of yet, the Repubs are a long ways off from that...

His approval ratings among likely voters are already only slightly ahead of his disapproval ratings, 51% - 47%, and with the Fed saying unemployment will top 10% this year and with the recession not expected to bottom out until sometime next year and our financial system woefully short of capital to finance a recovery, his approval ratings will certainly go down.

In addition, Obama is making enemies within the party right now. He is being criticized by Congressional Dems from red and purple states for putting them in untenable positions by pressuring them to vote for higher taxes and more debt, and he is being criticized by some in the Dem leadership for the way his Organizing for America organization, technically a part of the DNC, is acting independently from the rest of the party leadership, presently running ads intended to pressure moderate and conservative Dems to vote against the wishes of their constituents, what Harry Reid had characterized as Democrats campaigning against Democrats.

And as his approval ratings continue to fall and the anger at him within the party leadership grows, the fact that he has worked to marginalize Clinton by appointing presidential envoys for virtually every important foreign policy issue will give focus to anti Obama sentiment and perhaps encourage Clinton to make a dramatic break with Obama on some foreign policy issue, resign and run against him in the primaries.

Bullshit.

McCain wasn't my first choice, but I think he would have been a better choice than Obama, and more Republicans in Congress would have put the brakes on cap and trade, reckless spending on health care changes and would have greatly reduced and changed the stimulus.

Forum List

Back