Elected Office Doesn't Come With A Crown

Was there a single Executive Decision Bush made that wasn't threatened and obstructed by Democrats? A single Appointment? A single Recess Appointment. What people does Obama have on his side outside the Locker Room? Imaginary People? He is a dangerous Person.

The OP chides Democrats because one of them is urging President Obama to go forward with his programs in spite of the recent mid-term elections, which would seem to indicate a surge of public opinion against such action by President Obama. So, it would seem, that conservatives feel that President Obama should back off because public opinion has swung against him.

And now here you come, citing the fact that Bush had opposition to his programs as well (which, of course, he did) and conveniently leaving out that Bush went right ahead anyway. Surely no one can accuse Bush of having been shy about going forward with his agenda in spite of the fact that there was opposition to much of it. Remember - the Decider?

Unless I am missing something here, you might want to leave Bush out of the picture when arguing that Obama is a "dangerous person" because he is being advised to go ahead in spite of public opinion to the contrary.

No offense George...but Bush's primary agenda his last year was winning the friggen war and the Dems fought him tooth and nail.

Then why did the lingo suddenly change from "winning" to "successful"??

There and evident.

Linking phrases such as using 'all federal agencies' with 'circumvent Congress' is giving an important peek into the thinking of the left.

And having come this close to transforming this nation into one that our Founders would not recognize, and falling short...and now having to face the repudiation by the electorate is not only galling to the left, but results in mistakes such as this report.

Unless you would like to make the case that Podesta is not an ally of President Obama..and that the phrases above do not appear in the report...

And I can't decide why you would believe that either a silly or a condescending post would have much import with me...

rather, I appeciate you help in revealing potentially dangerous thinking by the left in this country.

and Podesta DID NOT SAY that Obama should use the Military to round you all up...

Sorry to point out your strawman, but PC did not say that Podesta said that.

PC said that Podesta said, “I think most of the conversation since the election has been about how President Obama adjusts to the new situation on Capitol Hill. While that’s an important conversation, it simply ignores the president’s ability to use all levels of his power and authority to move the country forward

Podesta did say that.

The DoD is part of the Executive Branch and under his power and command. So, as Podesta said 'all', he means the DoD, too.

A brief review of basic set theory might be a good idea for you.

I can foresee at least one area where the Executive Branch using the DoD might be necessary to circumvent congress and that's if the Republicans give a big fight against cyber security. That, in my opinion, is a bigger threat to our national security (and national wellbeing) than any bomb-throwing terrorist threat.

bush had a 28% approval rating and acted like he had a mandate.

i love the double standard.

So....which admin official proposed that he 'circumvent Congress' using all federal agencies?
The Army is a federal agency.

Care to actually refer to the OP?

The Army IS NOT a Federal AGENCY????? It is the Military. Sheesh!

the CIA is an agency, the FBI is an agency, the Office of management and Budget is an agency, the Tennessee Valley Authority is an agency, the Census Bureau is an agency

The Military is not.

FAIL....on that one!

Incorrect. The military aka the Army/Air Force/Navy/Marines/National Guard is part of the Dept of Defense, which IS an agency of the government. The Coast Guard , I believe, is now part of the Dept of Homeland Security. That doesn't mean that the OP is right in that Podesta was advising Obama to use troops against US citizens, but certainly the US military is an agency of the government.

I personally feel that it is a possibility that he would use the military against US citizens under the guise of doing what's best for us.

So....which admin official proposed that he 'circumvent Congress' using all federal agencies?

the CIA is an agency, the FBI is an agency, the Office of management and Budget is an agency, the Tennessee Valley Authority is an agency, the Census Bureau is an agency

The Military is not.

FAIL....on that one!

Incorrect. The military aka the Army/Air Force/Navy/Marines/National Guard is part of the Dept of Defense, which IS an agency of the government. The Coast Guard , I believe, is now part of the Dept of Homeland Security. That doesn't mean that the OP is right in that Podesta was advising Obama to use troops against US citizens, but certainly the US military is an agency of the government.

I personally feel that it is a possibility that he would use the military against US citizens under the guise of doing what's best for us.

i thought it was a DEPARTMENT as in, a division of the Department of Defense and not an AGENCY, as in the Central Intelligence Agency. IF department and federal agency has the same criteria and meaning, and are synonymous, then i guess i am wrong.

Obama is allowed to use his office in any way it is legal.

That is more than Bush did, He lied to the american people and outed our own agents for political gain and to create a war built on lies.

And I'm still waiting for my Conservative friends to defend THAT. :eusa_whistle:

Which part, the part where Bush tripped all over himself like a Jackass trying to satisfy an unsatisfiable Left????? I totally agree, it was a waste of time and effort. Pissing into the wind, for all the good it did. He should have leaned in the Conservative direction. He should have been less intimidated when it came to Appointments as well. He should have ignored the Bullshit accusations and threats coming from the Left in relation to Recess Appointments too. You have put so much effort into criticizing and complaining, yet have no capacity to govern. Jack Ass City.
Bush's appointments include a reactionary Rightist in Scalia and his kinder, gentler compatriot Chief Justice Roberts. His was neither intimidated nor accommodating by the Left in those two.

The Flame Affair was cheap, dangerous politics.

Now, the incoming Republican Congress plans to simply hobble the administration all for political power. Not the wise thing to do. Action must be taken now to keep this economy from toppling over. But, if politics is your game and you walked into a legislative roll, you better be packing some chops. Stone walling is not the wise way to govern.

The Military is not.

FAIL....on that one!

That would only happen if the militant groups of yahoos taking up arms against the government actually follow through.

The Military is not.

FAIL....on that one!

That would only happen if the militant groups of yahoos taking up arms against the government actually follow through.

I disagree. I think that if anyone would use US troops on our citizens it would be the thin skinned bastard we have as POTUS now.

I disagree. I think that if anyone would use US troops on our citizens it would be the thin skinned bastard we have as POTUS now.

Oh please. Nobody's going to use troops against average citizens. I thought you were smarter than that. But if THEY start shooting or organizing a coup, which of course they talk about, clearly the military would be called out to stop them. Some of these illiterate creeps are determined to start another civil war.

Reauthorizing funding for AmeriCorps, VISTA, and NCCC is a "brownshirts bill"? There's something seriously wrong with rhetoric in this country.

Hmmmm.... Obama.... Free To Agree....Oh Mama.... You are so screwed if you don't..... Brown Shirt's was it last year.... Obama 'Brownshirts' Bill Now Working Its Way Through The Senate :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience

I'd really like to know how the rabid right wing bloggers got the hilarious idea that the national service organization was some sort of front for Nazi-esque activities. Can you people BE any more stupid?

That plan simply calls for more Americans to play a part in America's future by volunteering and sacrificing their time to make it a better country. The national service corps expands AmeriCorps volunteer program dealing with education, clean energy, health care and homeland security, expands the Peace Corps, and sets goals for high school students to volunteer in exchange for credit toward college education. Maybe the issuance of some sort of T-shirt emblazoned with an insignia was offered, but that's it, fool.

Reauthorizing funding for AmeriCorps, VISTA, and NCCC is a "brownshirts bill"? There's something seriously wrong with rhetoric in this country.

But hey, he must be real smart, being made a SUPER MODERATOR and all. :doubt:

I think the correct term is indoctrination.

So where are these alleged new brownshirts training, genius? Are they locked and loaded yet? Do those FEMA camps really exist and they're being used as barracks? Gosh, maybe there are some missing children who are really being "indoctrinated" at some secret location. Ya think? Oh gosh, inquiring minds want to know. PLEASE try to check with one of your most reliable "sites" and advise us post-haste.

Hmmmm.... Obama.... Free To Agree....Oh Mama.... You are so screwed if you don't..... Brown Shirt's was it last year.... Obama 'Brownshirts' Bill Now Working Its Way Through The Senate :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience

I'd really like to know how the rabid right wing bloggers got the hilarious idea that the national service organization was some sort of front for Nazi-esque activities. Can you people BE any more stupid?

That plan simply calls for more Americans to play a part in America's future by volunteering and sacrificing their time to make it a better country. The national service corps expands AmeriCorps volunteer program dealing with education, clean energy, health care and homeland security, expands the Peace Corps, and sets goals for high school students to volunteer in exchange for credit toward college education. Maybe the issuance of some sort of T-shirt emblazoned with an insignia was offered, but that's it, fool.

Forced Labor, Slave Labor, Something of Value for Nothing of Value, I get your point Maggie, thanks for clarifying it. Here's an idea, Value for Value. Remember The Girl Scouts and Boy Scout's before you got your hands on them and fucked them up? Fucking Hypocrite. Fool is about 3 steps up for you.

Forced Labor, Slave Labor, Something of Value for Nothing of Value, I get your point Maggie, thanks for clarifying it. Here's an idea, Value for Value. Remember The Girl Scouts and Boy Scout's before you got your hands on them and fucked them up? Fucking Hypocrite. Fool is about 3 steps up for you.

Nobody's "forcing" anyone to do anything!!! You do know the difference between "volunteering" and "forced labor," I hope. And there's nothing wrong with the Scout program in my neighborhood, so us "libs" who live here haven't done anything to change it, ever. Maybe in your trailer park where honor badges are only given out for pulling the wings off butterflies or setting squirrels on fire?

Got a problem with this too, Intense?

In January 2002, President George W. Bush launched the USA Freedom Corps to promote volunteer service opportunities within the United States and abroad. Created within months of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the program sought in part to encourage volunteer participation in homeland security. Citizen Corps, a component of USA Freedom Corps, was developed to help coordinate such volunteer activities and to increase the capacity of American communities to respond to any emergency situation. The program's goal is to provide opportunities for people to participate in a range of measures to make their families, their homes, and their communities safer from the threats of crime, terrorism, and disasters of all kinds.

Citizen Corps | Uniting Communities - Preparing the Nation

Forum List

Back