Elect Romney and Get War with Iran

Cohen rose through the ranks of the Republican foreign policy elite as a protégé of Paul Wolfowitz, the former Assistant Secretary of Defense who is credited with playing a central role in the push for invading Iraq. In 1990, Wolfowitz secured a position for Cohen working beside him on the policy planning staff of the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Three years later, when Wolfowitz was appointed dean of SAIS, he began using his influence to propel Cohen’s career. According to a former State Department official who graduated from SAIS, it was through the beneficence of Wolfowitz that Cohen earned an endowed teaching position at SAIS as the Robert E. Osgood Professor of Strategic Studies.

We need another budget busting war...

Elect Romney, Get War in Iran? | | AlterNet

Some of you would welcome that, I summize from some of your comments.

circa 1966.........." someone told me if I voted for Goldwater we'd be at war in a year or 2.........well, I did and we are".....

get it? :rolleyes:

Lame...

no, on point, guess what? its going to happen now matter who is in office. we either ride the whirlwind or get swept away by it.

Israel will mount an attack to take out as much nuke infrastructure as they can, you think us 'staying out of it', not say, supplying the latest GBU 31 bunker busters or kc 135s will buy us any good will? nope, obama tried that unclench your fist nonsense for 3 years...and here we are. The division along sunni shia lines has been drawn tighter and tighter for decades now. The sunnis are by and large a much better bet. Geo-politics can be hard task master but there it is.

Elect Romney, Get War in Iran? | | AlterNet

Some of you would welcome that, I summize from some of your comments.

lol... I'm old enough to remember this chestnut from after the '64 election:

"They told me that if I voted for Goldwater, we'd have a huge mess over there in Viet Nam...

well, sir... I voted for Goldwater... and, sure enough, we had in one hell of a mess over there in Viet Nam..."

I remember it differently, check the previous page;)

I didn't say we wouldn't attack, I said war is up to Iran

We have made our position on enrichment very clear. we have made our position on their missiles clear as well.

Oh well FUCK, we've made our position. They should listen or get attacked.

If I was them, I'd keep fucking enriching. They're going to be attacked eventually anyway...If Iraq isn't proof of that, nothing is. We don't even need to have rock solid evidence, all we need to do is say we're pretty sure.

And I was wrong, it's not just Syria and Iran, it's Venezuela too that doesn't play ball.

Three OPEC nations that don't play ball. Funny how those three nations are regular demons in US media.

maybe they are demons?

Where is Cohen today?

Today, Cohen is among Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney’s top campaign advisers. He is the primary author of Romney’s foreign policy white paper, which attacks Obama for “currying favor with [America’s] enemies” and “ostentatiously shunning Jerusalem.”

we get war with iran with any of the republican candidates (except Paul). and we might just get it with obama. that's just our mindset. bomb first, pretend blow back isn't real.

Sweet!!! Then we can take their Oil, just like we did in Iraq!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlG9aSMCpg&feature=related]Team America: World Police (3/10) Movie CLIP - Derka Derka (2004) HD - YouTube[/ame]

helll yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

I am only paying a buck forty for my gas...you?

You almost gotta laugh. Dumb rube Harry Truman was busy downsizing the US Military after he dropped two A-Bombs on Japan and what do you know? He must have downsized the intelligence network too. Next thing you know we have a shooting war in Korea that escalated under dumb democrat leadership to the loss of 38,000 Americans killed in a three year war that should have been over in six months. Next thing you know another dumb democrat creates a fake crisis that gets us into VietNam and he sets the rules so that we can win every battle and lose the war. So don't lecture republicans about what can happen. Look at history and see how bad it can be under dumb democrat leadership.

Forum List

Back