eldery drives strikes again!

critter

Rookie
Sep 7, 2009
new hampshire
Note no offesne to those elderly drivers that can actually drive and stop...

Video

i got no comment... i really can't.... i already did in titile.

Don't like old people drive!

This can happen to anybody, crashing into anything, and a videotape can easily be aired, making the driver look extremely foolish..

But the fact remains, many people in this world DO drive after using various substances (even stuff that was prescribed for them) because they have an excellent driving record, and get overconfident in their driving skills, not understanding the extent of the damage these substances might be doing to their judgment, depth perception, etc..

Considering that this was an older person, especially, there may be some logical reason for this that the police have yet to discover.

I refuse to pass judgment in cases like this, because there are generally two sides to every story.

• Banned
not sure how hard it is to hit the brake.... but more and more elderly... drivers... just can't stay on the road.

and how you not see someone in front of.. you especially the man walking and the.... gas pump... two things.. that our easily seen.

not sure how hard it is to hit the brake.... but more and more elderly... drivers... just can't stay on the road.

and how you not see someone in front of.. you especially the man walking and the.... gas pump... two things.. that our easily seen.

I dont know the answers to those questions- maybe the same reasons why tens of thousands of teenagers and twenty-somethings can't seem to be able to "see" the big trees or cars they also run into? Because they are drunk on alcohol...

And you do not know how poor someone's vision is, until you have experienced poor vision yourself. I used to have 20/800 vision (which is the vision a legally blind person has AFTER they get glasses or contacts) until I got lasik to correct it to 20/13.

The point is, if she was on a new arthritis medicine, or whatever, it may have caused her some problems.. It happens also to people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc..

You clearly have something against old people, or you would be more open to the other side of the story.

• Banned

I dont know the answers to those questions- maybe the same reasons why tens of thousands of teenagers and twenty-somethings can't seem to be able to "see" the big trees or cars they also run into? Because they are drunk on alcohol...

And you do not know how poor someone's vision is, until you have experienced poor vision yourself. I used to have 20/800 vision (which is the vision a legally blind person has AFTER they get glasses or contacts) until I got lasik to correct it to 20/13.

The point is, if she was on a new arthritis medicine, or whatever, it may have caused her some problems.. It happens also to people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc..

You clearly have something against old people, or you would be more open to the other side of the story.

Oh noo.. you just didn't do that.... I have problem with them.. telling us we should respect them since there elderly.. and they act like they dont have anythign wrong with them. and our perfect.

I am so sick and tired of hte hyporits from so called adults will only give benfit doubt to old people. but if its teen its guilty.

• Banned

B1. Not true all Ages get into accidents no matter how "experience you think you are"
B2. If you have bad vision you shouldn't be driving from the start and for you to even think i don't you don't know i used to wear glasses now i would be quit if i were you. in this case. Cause you just judge me... without knowing me....

B3. oh and other drivers under don't have any medical problems either?

B4. You cleary have something against teenagers... you should be more open yourself before you try to tell me something im wrong at.

not in this life time.

B1. Not true all Ages get into accidents no matter how "experience you think you are"
B2. If you have bad vision you shouldn't be driving from the start and for you to even think i don't you don't know i used to wear glasses now i would be quit if i were you. in this case. Cause you just judge me... without knowing me....

B4. You cleary have something against teenagers... you should be more open yourself before you try to tell me something im wrong at.

not in this life time.

You are claiming that it is because of a persons OLD AGE that the accident occurred- now- please learn to read for comprehension, and see that my post SAYS that people of all ages have at fault accidents (in which they are guilty) and that there are simply two sides to every story.

Further responses to your half-witted attempts at an argument:

1- Thats what I JUST fucking SAID. Fucking read it again, dipwad- the part you chose to ignore, right here:

2- Where did I say that YOU personally have never experienced bad vision, and can therefore not relate? Your post indicated that you do not understand how incredibly hard it can be to drive when someone loses a contact lens or their glasses fall off.. which DOES happen, not often, but it happens anyways. Plus, a person may have had a stroke or something (even at a younger age) which may have caused vision problems that the person is unaware of. Think outside the box for ONE minute.. Try to see both sides.. The police did not say that it was her "old age" that caused the fucking accident, and neither should you. The reason why people TELL YOU to respect your elders is because frankly, you JUST DONT.

3- please refer to the quoted text between (1) and (2), thank you very much again...

4- and AGAIN- please refer to the fucking quoted text.. Can you not READ at ALL or something? I have nothing against teenagers- except that they are a bunch of disrespectful know it all little pricks sometimes, and with all the ridiculously overused texting they do, they tend to have such horrible spelling and reading comprehension skills that they make a 5th grader look like a flipping genius!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Banned

not in this life time.

You are claiming that it is because of a persons OLD AGE that the accident occurred- now- please learn to read for comprehension, and see that my post SAYS that people of all ages have at fault accidents (in which they are guilty) and that there are simply two sides to every story.

1- Thats what I JUST fucking SAID. Fucking read it again, dipwad- the part you chose to ignore, right here:

2- Where did I say that YOU personally have never experienced bad vision, and can therefore not relate? Your post indicated that you do not understand how incredibly hard it can be to drive when someone loses a contact lens or their glasses fall off.. which DOES happen, not often, but it happens anyways. Plus, a person may have had a stroke or something (even at a younger age) which may have caused vision problems that the person is unaware of. Think outside the box for ONE minute.. Try to see both sides.. The police did not say that it was her "old age" that caused the fucking accident, and neither should you. The reason why people TELL YOU to respect your elders is because frankly, you JUST DONT.

3- please refer to the quoted text between (1) and (2), thank you very much again...

4- and AGAIN- please refer to the fucking quoted text.. Can you not READ at ALL or something? I have nothing against teenagers- except that they are a bunch of disrespectful know it all little pricks sometimes, and with all the ridiculously overused texting they do, they tend to have such horrible spelling and reading comprehension skills that they make a 5th grader look like a flipping genius!

B1. no i am calming it base of numerous motor accidents by elders... trun the news on a some point..

2. you indciate i didn't know... i say that you are hiting in that direction...

3. think outside the box? why? LISTEN TO THE DMAN NEWS.. you see what i am talking baout.

eldery drivers... hits a bulding..
eldery driver... hits people... in a grass area
eldery driver.. hits another bulding..

your still a damn ass fucking hypocritical.. don't tell me to think at of the box when you fail to use you damn ass common sense.

4. YOU JUST LIED... .... and not all teenagers are bad... and why do you care if they text that is now in this day..
moron people like you make me want to choke you so you can see both sides or just fall of the earth. How are teens suppose to respect you when you don't respect them back?

life in learn? you were a teen once... you should know better.... nope adults are such stuck up there asses to far to give a hoot ...

Last edited:

not in this life time.

B1. no i am calming it base of numerous motor accidents by elders... trun the news on a some point..

2. you indciate i didn't know... i say that you are hiting in that direction...

3. think outside the box? why? LISTEN TO THE DMAN NEWS.. you see what i am talking baout.

eldery drivers... hits a bulding..
eldery driver... hits people... in a grass area
eldery driver.. hits another bulding..

your still a damn ass fucking hypocritical.. don't tell me to think at of the box when you fail to use you damn ass common sense.

4. YOU JUST LIED... .... and not all teenagers are bad... and why do you care if they text that is now in this day..
moron people like you make me want to choke you so you can see both sides or just fall of the earth. How are teens suppose to respect you when you don't respect them back?

life in learn? you were a teen once... you should know better.... nope adults are such stuck up there asses to far to give a hoot ...

Heres a newsflash for you, dumbfuck-

Teen Driving Statistics

National Teen Driving Statistics

* Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers.
* 16 year-olds have higher crash rates than drivers of any other age.
* 16-year-olds are three times more likely to die in a motor vehicle crash than the average of all drivers.
* 3,490 drivers age 15-20 died in car crashes in 2006, up slightly from 2005.
* Drivers age 15-20 accounted for 12.9 percent of all the drivers involved in fatal crashes and 16 percent of all the drivers involved in police-reported crashes in 2006.
* The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates the economic impact of auto accidents involving 15-20 year old drivers is over $40 billion.
* A recent report by AAA estimates the cost of crashes involving 15-17 year olds to be $34 billion.
* Graduated drivers license programs appear to be making a difference. Fatal crashes involving 15- to 20-year olds in 2005 were down 6.5 percent from 7,979 in 1995, to the lowest level in ten years.
* Fewer 16-year-olds are driving. In 2006 only 30 percent of 16-year-olds had their driver's licenses compared to 40% in 1998 according to the Federal Highway Administration.
* According to a 2005 survey of 1,000 people ages 15 and 17, conducted by the Allstate Foundation
o More than half (56 percent) of young drivers use cell phones while driving,
o 69 percent said that they speed to keep up with traffic
o 64 percent said they speed to go through a yellow light.
o 47 percent said that passengers sometimes distract them.
o Nearly half said they believed that most crashes involving teens result from drunk driving.
* 31 percent of teen drivers killed in 2006 had been drinking, according to NHTSA. 25 percent had a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher.
* Statistics show that 16 and 17-year-old driver death rates increase with each additional passenger (IIHS).

Oh and if you want more sources-

Teens and Driving
Car Accident Cell Phone Statistics & Driver Text Message Facts

Why don't you turn on the news at some point, you disrespectful little teenaged wrecking ball..

Forum List

Back