El Rushbo Tells Caller if they Couldn’t Afford $6,000 They Shouldn’t Have Broken Thei

Some people don't have the luxary of looking ahead, some people don't have any extra income.

The whole point of looking ahead is speficially so you get extra income.

Are you honestly telling me there are people who cant spend an hour a week evaluating all their bills and income and making some sort of plan?

And Im not talking mentally handicap people. I mean average person. Are you telling me they can't take any time whatsoever to plan for their future?

which is why one of every two elderly people is below the poverty line without social security...

Social Security Lifts 13 Million Seniors Above the Poverty Line — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Because they've been lied to and told that they cant work after a certain age.

where are all these jobs coming from? you want old people to work til they drop...and you want young people to work from the day they're born...and you want goods and services for cheap... so you think it's ok that everything is outsourced for almost slave wages...

heck of a world you want there. yeppers.

why not just say you want to go back to big plantations where everyone works for you for free...

and when they get sick, heck with 'em...let 'em die.

after all, if G-d wanted them to live, he'd cure them, right?

and if he wanted them to be rich, they would be. :thup:

Bullshit.....Those programs serve the middle and upper-middle class bureaucrats who administer them, much more so than those they claim to "serve".

"Wastrels" like myself see do-gooders like you for the suckers and rotters that you are.

If you care so much about the indigent, get up off your dead ass and start a charity to care for them....Lazy ass.

Your first two statement belongs in the Conspiracy Theory section..

I do more than my fair share towards charities. Do you?
This isn't about me.

The fact that administration and bureaucracy suck up a very significant portion of funds ostensibly meant for the sainted poooooooor is a matter of public record, not any conspiracy.....And a fact that you are apparently ill prepared to deal with.

Many people live pay check to pay check, with all their income going to things like food, rent, diapers, car payments, etc. If you want to get cheap products, expect to have to deal with the fact their will people who have to live off of crap wages. And it is real easy to say they should of planned for it, or they should of gone to college. What would you do if everyone planned for life? You sure as hell wouldn't be able to get those sweatpants at Walmart for $4.
All people start off sucking at their mommy's teat, too.

Do we need a gubmint program for that one?

(Please say yes).

YOu are an idiot, who likes to put people into boxes.
Wake up, and join the real world.
I've put nobody in a box....You made a silly platitudinous statement about what every person eventually has to deal with out in the world, to the point that most would/could/should cave in to alllllllll the tumult and tribulations of keeping body and soul together, to where they need self righteous do-gooding nannies of Big Daddy Big Gubmint to care for the rest of their lives.

Well, I merely took your absurd whinin'-n-cryin' to it's naturally absurd extreme.....Absurdity begets absurdity.

Bullshit.....Those programs serve the middle and upper-middle class bureaucrats who administer them, much more so than those they claim to "serve".

"Wastrels" like myself see do-gooders like you for the suckers and rotters that you are.

If you care so much about the indigent, get up off your dead ass and start a charity to care for them....Lazy ass.

Your first two statement belongs in the Conspiracy Theory section..

I do more than my fair share towards charities. Do you?
This isn't about me.

The fact that administration and bureaucracy suck up a very significant portion of funds ostensibly meant for the sainted poooooooor is a matter of public record, not any conspiracy.....And a fact that you are apparently ill prepared to deal with.

medicare's administrative costs are 1.5%.

as for the pooooooooooor you seem to find so hateful, yes, many charities don't use their funds appropriately. most do. it's easy to get that information.

but that isn't the point now, is it?

The whole point of looking ahead is speficially so you get extra income.

Are you honestly telling me there are people who cant spend an hour a week evaluating all their bills and income and making some sort of plan?

And Im not talking mentally handicap people. I mean average person. Are you telling me they can't take any time whatsoever to plan for their future?

At the end of the day there are not enough high paying jobs. You could have 1 million people with medical degrees. Are there 1 million jobs for doctors at the moment? you could have 5 million tradesmen qualified to be plumbers. Are there 5 million jobs for plumbers out there?

This is the fallacy of the right, and why they get a D. They somehow think if you work hard enough and you look hard enough, there are enough good paying jobs for everybody, when it simply is not true.

Also, of note, is that without those low paying jobs and the unemployed, inflation would skyrocket. I mean, if we all earned $1 million do you think supply and demand wouldn't work?

Me: "Oh, look, there's a Porsche for $500,000, I think I'll buy it".
Car Salesman: "Oh, too bad. Just heard everybody earns $1 million. Unfortunately there aren't enough cars to go around, so I think I'll up the price to $1.5 million per car to see who really wants one."

Now apply that to all goods and services....

And Dud, face it, you're just another bitching, moaning whiner whose only solutions are untenable, but you like to think they will work to justify your unreasonable position(s)..

Last edited:
medicare's administrative costs are 1.5%.

as for the pooooooooooor you seem to find so hateful, yes, many charities don't use their funds appropriately. most do. it's easy to get that information.

but that isn't the point now, is it?
Administrative costs are only a small part of the receivables out box, and you damned well know it.

How much does it cost to collect the taxes to begin with?...How many other politicians and bureaucrats line their pockets before the money ends up in the Medicare bureaucratic mess?... Those only a couple of examples.

Administrative costs are only a small part of the out box, and you damned well know it.

How much does it cost to collect the taxes to begin with?...That's only one example.

in the real world taxes get collected anyway... that isn't a cost specifically attributable to social security and wouldn't go away if ss did.

Administrative costs are only a small part of the out box, and you damned well know it.

How much does it cost to collect the taxes to begin with?...That's only one example.

in the real world taxes get collected anyway... that isn't a cost specifically attributable to social security and wouldn't go away if ss did.
"I got nothing" is much more pithy.

except that isn't what you should be getting from my comment...

i understand that you have no response.

you don't like taxes. you hate government. you think taxes are going to go away if you kill off every program that actually benefits society?

you don't like taxes. you hate government. you think taxes are going to go away if you kill off every program that actually benefits society?
Non sequitur....You're not going to get away with making this about me, you little fucking sneak.

You still got nothing.

Non sequitur....You're not going to get away with making this about me, you little fucking sneak.

You still got nothing.

and you've just proven once again that you're brain dead.

i mean, seriously, are you insane?

but thanks for going into meltdown because you have no response.

and it IS about you. It's about you and other people like you who want to impose stupid on the rest of us.

Last edited:
which is why one of every two elderly people is below the poverty line without social security...

Social Security Lifts 13 Million Seniors Above the Poverty Line — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Because they've been lied to and told that they cant work after a certain age.

where are all these jobs coming from? you want old people to work til they drop...and you want young people to work from the day they're born...and you want goods and services for cheap... so you think it's ok that everything is outsourced for almost slave wages...

heck of a world you want there. yeppers.

why not just say you want to go back to big plantations where everyone works for you for free...

and when they get sick, heck with 'em...let 'em die.

after all, if G-d wanted them to live, he'd cure them, right?

and if he wanted them to be rich, they would be. :thup:

He does cure them. You just don't like the time table.

And as much as you dont like reality, too bad. We live in a world where you have to work. And I am confident we will be working after we rise in the Resurrection. Work is an Eternal principle. It's a good principle. It's not easy all the time. But the idea that we havent been working from the day we are born and shouldnt be working until the day we can't is a fantasy. It's not reality. It doesnt address the real world.

There seems to be some great superstition that life is supposed to be easy. That nothing bad will ever happen. And anyone who thinks this way is going to spend a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed.

"Most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise."

“Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.

“The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride” (Source)

Everyone has their trials. If they haven't, they soon will. This life isn't fair. It's not meant to be. We either have two choices in this life. We can sit around and declare how we are victims. How unfair everything is. Or we can live and actually change our lives. Change our families life. and then change the lives of those around us.

We don't need everyone to do everything. We don't need expensive government programs. We don't have to borrow billions from China. We just need people to stand and lift where they are.

The real power in this country isn't empowering the government. It's empowering the people. Teach people good principles and they will govern themselves.

On what planet does every program actually benefit society?

And if you think it's so important, why are you unable create your programs at the State level and let local governments run them instead of violating the Constitution at the Federal level?

On what planet does every program actually benefit society?

And if you think it's so important, why are you unable create your programs at the State level and let local governments run them instead of violating the Constitution at the Federal level?

I don't think every program benefits society. I said he wants to kill off every program that does.

We don't live under the articles of confederation. The Federal Government has the right to do things for the general welfare of the people in this country. And if the programs are worthwhile, then they should benefit all of us.

oh..and i just saw your response to my prior comment. i'm heading off now, but i appreciate the answer and will try to get it in the morning.

Last edited:
The guy laughed. I have a feeling he had insurance and his point was that it was expensive to break your wrist. Rush agreed and made a good point about why it costs so much. The health care plan will do nothing to reduce the cost of a broken bone. In fact it may even cost more.

Rush makes jokes. The lefties with no sense of humor don't really understand sarcasm, do they?

If this bill was truly just about fixing the problems in healthcare, I think that it would receive bipartisan support and most Americans would be pleased to see it happen. In fact, it does not. Personally, I find it offensive that Obama et al is using the problems in our health care system to try to bamboozle Americans into handing over yet more control to a bunch of corrupt assholes who have already been shown to be untrustworthy.

Forum List

Back