El Al Pilot...............

Lycurgus

Who is Obama, really...??
Nov 22, 2008
Midwest
How one El Al pilot dealt with a hijacker

EL AL operates the best airline security in the world and the Israeli national carrier's pilots prefer to throw hijackers off their feet rather than allow them to take control of their aircraft.

Capt Uri Bar-Lev was flying his El Al 707 from Amsterdam to New York in September 1970 when stewards alerted him to a hijacking in progress, he recalled in the Wall Street Journal this week.

There had been a spate of hijackings around that time designed to secure the release of Palestine Liberation Organisation terrorists, so Capt Bar-Lev was psychologically prepared as the plane cruised at 31,000 ft.

When told by cabin crew that the hijackers were demanding access to the cockpit, he replied: "Sit down, we are not going to be hijacked."

Then he threw his jet into a negative-G dive, an extreme descent which creates virtual zero gravity on the aircraft and makes it impossible for anyone to stay on his feet.

How one El Al pilot dealt with a hijacker - Telegraph

If they tried that in the U.S., the first three lawsuits alone would bankrupt the airline. You can have security or lawsuits, but not both. Sometimes I think the biggest threat to freedom and safety WE have isn't a terrorist, but a plaintiff's lawyer!

If they tried that in the U.S., the first three lawsuits alone would bankrupt the airline. You can have security or lawsuits, but not both. Sometimes I think the biggest threat to freedom and safety WE have isn't a terrorist, but a plaintiff's lawyer!

Bullshit. At the present time, a hi-jacker would not get past the passengers. After 9-11, people now assume the worst and go after the fruitcakes themselves. Look at the last few times that someone has tried something stupid on a plane.

Which would then result in a lawsuit!

i REALLY hate to agree with YOU on anything, but on THIS alone, you are correct

Forum List

Back