Einstein's Brain - Superhuman?

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
Albert Einstein is widely regarded as a genius, but how did he get that way? Many researchers have assumed that it took a very special brain to come up with the theory of relativity and other insights that form the foundation of modern physics. A study of 14 newly discovered photographs of Einstein’s brain, which was preserved for study after his death, concludes that the brain was indeed highly unusual in many ways. But researchers still don’t know exactly how the brain’s extra folds and convolutions translated into Einstein’s amazing abilities.
Read Washington Post Article for details

Unusual aspects of Einstein's brain were dense neurons in some areas plus a high ratio of glia cells - which transmit nerve impulses - to neurons

Dean Falk's study found his parietal lobes (linked to conceptualization of physics prob.lems) had an unusual pattern of convolutions, rarely seen in others.

Harvey's research materials are transferred to the USArmy's National Museum of Health and Medicine in Silver Springs, MD.

One thing Falk noticed about the part of the brain associated with gifted musical talent is that it, too had a lot of curves on it.

It's as though this bright man did all the right things to pro gram his brain for the type of thinking he was to do throughout his life that opened so many doors whenever research was to be done.

After reading the article, I would almost perceive that if you want your kid to be smart, put him on a piano bench when he is young, develop drive in him, and nurture him with good food, good information, and instill in him the "can do" attitude accomplished people often have. I'm absolutely sure of it. :exclaim:

Attachments

• $Einsteins Brain Right photo.jpg
    $Einsteins Brain Right photo.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 80
  • $Einsteins Brain Left photo.jpg
    $Einsteins Brain Left photo.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Oh, please one thing... Read the article and please comment on it.

There are so many "experts" around here who declare others morons or geniuses, I just thought this would be a good place to talk about someone who really was in every sense a genius, plus he was also described as being witty, and ful of love for life, concerned with every aspect of a good life. I've read several books about Einstein, and in a lot of ways, he was just a regular guy, but in research, he saw things through to the end, until he fully understood his subject matter, and was able to make some pretty astonishing truths about our universe. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
LOL, the ancient Egyptians thought brains were mush and discarded them before embalming. I think that "genius" is somewhat situational: Einstein's particular talents matched perfectly with the state of human development at the time, just as Newton's were matched to his time. Both would have been extremely intelligent in almost any context, but I don't think they would have attained the same levels of achievement if they had switched places.

Granny says, "Dat's right - ol' Albert knowed what he was talkin' `bout...
:cool:
Distant Pulsar Lends New Support for Einstein’s Relativity Theory
May 14, 2013 - A recent study is providing new support for a theory that many scientists consider to be one of the two major pillars of modern physics - Albert Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity.
It seems there are always members of the scientific community who are eager for the chance to knock the air out of Albert Einstein's nearly 100 year-old General Theory of Relativity. This milestone work describes how the elemental force of gravity helps to shape the geometry of space and time. And some of its predictions - involving phenomena like the dilation of time, the motion of bodies in free fall and the gravitational bending of light - are mind-bendingly different than those of classical physics.

But, despite decades of assaults, Einstein’s famous hypothesis keeps coming out on top, passing every test it’s subjected to, including a recent examination that some scientists called one of its most stringent tests ever. The test was conducted by a group of astronomers and physicists using a unique cosmic laboratory, created by the discovery of a rare celestial circumstance - a rotating neutron star, or pulsar, tightly orbiting a white dwarf star nearly 7,000 light-years from Earth.

Scientists say that the pulsar, weighing twice as much as our Sun, is the most massive neutron star ever identified, with a gravitational field more than 300 billion times stronger than that on Earth. "They’re [pulsars] very, very close to being black holes. And that’s actually one of the very special things about this system is that this pulsar, this neutron star, is one of the most massive neutron stars we’ve ever seen, which means that it has incredibly strong gravity. It’s in orbit around a white dwarf which is much less massive,” said Dr. Scott Ransom, who is with the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, which first spotted the pulsar system.

MORE

LOL, the ancient Egyptians thought brains were mush and discarded them before embalming. I think that "genius" is somewhat situational: Einstein's particular talents matched perfectly with the state of human development at the time, just as Newton's were matched to his time. Both would have been extremely intelligent in almost any context, but I don't think they would have attained the same levels of achievement if they had switched places.
I agree. both men used the knowledge and resources available at the time to come to their conclusions . that would effect their achievements ,but the genius of both men would still surface and be recognized .

Last edited:
Einstein was also very much human. He dodged responsibility for creating the horrific weapon that incinerated two Japanese cities.

Einstein actually saved millions of lives by creating a weapon to end wars. Every year the war dragged on, 25 millions of people died. By killing less than 100,000 people, that many lives per year thereafter were saved. Yes, he participated in splitting the atom, but the specific way in which the technology was used as a weapon decimated Japan's ability to manufacture their own killing machines that were destroying the peace of the world's largest peaceful (Pacific) ocean.

The first year following the bombing, the killing and habitat destruction stopped dead in its fearful tracks. I bless Einstein's encouragement of the wise use of his sage use of mathematics, chemistry, and imagination to bring the horror of world war to a conclusion and the age of peace this fear of war brought about in which both Allied and Axis powers could recover and wean mankind from war and onto competition for ideas, improving life for world citizens, and overcoming hunger, sickness, and despair and create a world in which the pursuit of happiness prevailed for those bold enough to go after it.

This time, the civilized worlds created a friendlier world for defeated countries to become more free through the election of statesmen to decide on laws and a president to govern democratically. They gave each defeated country a way back into building a civil nation that could prosper based on its strengths industrially, diplomatically, businesswise, and technologically.

Today, I found quilts honoring Einstein. The one above is a portrait by Jeanine Malaney found at her Fabric Art Painting blog.

Einstein.jpg

Attachments

• $Einstein quilt.jpg
    $Einstein quilt.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I ran into some images I was looking for Einstein quilts, of which I found very few, but what I did find was rather interesting to me:

big_thumb_1099e5b41838a5f8fcfeecafa5b3cf85.jpg

Also, this was found:​

[ame=http://youtu.be/ejlpfOvLtI4]E=mc2 Explained - YouTube[/ame]

I loaded in the quilt block's information below and found an explanation of the formula at youtube. Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• $Einstein theory block.jpg
    $Einstein theory block.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 62
High innate IQ, High innate conscientiousness, high innate "Open-to-Experience" personality trait, and a good amount of serendipity. Einstein probably had all of these.

Forum List

Back