Eight women accuse Oscar-winner Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior

Its a crock of shit that someone can have his whole life ruined on an accusation that has not been proven.

This is a little disturbing. First because Freeman just doesn't fit the model of someone I'd expect to be out there harassing people. Second because so far it is nothing more than allegation and already, all of the companies that use his voice in ads, etc., are all pulling their use of him like he was a convicted leper. I mean, the guy's career, one of the best and most respected in Hollywood, could be over, and he's not even yet had a chance to tell his side or defend himself much less be proven guilty?

And third, because on the face of it, none of it was any big deal. Time was a few years ago that such behavior was considered flirting, or normal boy-girl camaraderie. It was often taken as flattering, showing a person they were attractive. Being friendly. Cutting up, letting your hair down, fooling around, just being one of the guys. Many girls used to take whistling and other overt actions of sexual attraction and interest as a compliment. I mean, that IS why a lot of them walk around half naked and tanned, right?

Now Freeman says he never meant to offend anyone and I believe him.

Some of it sounds a little dicey, but it also seems that many women are becoming very sensitized that now any glance, any stare, any comment, any contact, and they are ready to be offended by them accusing others of "inappropriate" "sexual" behavior.

Women have spent 200 years making themselves attractive, sexy, now they are going to have every guy whose head they turn or illicit a response in jail?

What is inappropriate behavior? Should something merely inappropriate be a crime?

Crimes are generally inappropriate.
Then all inappropriate behavior is a crime. Will you go with that?
Farting at the dinner table should get you 5 years minimum.
Life for white shoes after Labor Day.
Plaids with stripes the death penalty.

What is inappropriate behavior? Should something merely inappropriate be a crime?

Crimes are generally inappropriate.
Then all inappropriate behavior is a crime. Will you go with that?

There's that right wing logic we have all come to know. No dumb ass.
In the world of political correctness everything that does not agree with the collective is a crime… Dumbass

I have not read the reports but the dude did a pretty good job in the movie Oblivion! He played a "Morpheus" type character and was the hero who helped Tom Cruise free the Earth from the unfriendly aliens!

I have not read the reports by the dude did a pretty good job in the movie Oblivion! He played a "Morpheus" type character and was the hero who helped Tom Cruise free the Earth of the unfriendly aliens!

I read the article, it's a nothingburger, IMO.

I listened to the tape where the stupid bitch claimed he was commenting on her pregnancy. No, he was responding to what Michael Caine said, who was also there at the same time.
If you want to see it yourself, go to James Wood on Twitter. He posted the link.

Never mind...I found it for you.

Gee Lowery on Twitter

I have not read the reports by the dude did a pretty good job in the movie Oblivion! He played a "Morpheus" type character and was the hero who helped Tom Cruise free the Earth of the unfriendly aliens!

For a nothing burger it's enough to revoke his SAG award.

May 25, 2018: SAG-Aftra May Revoke Morgan Freeman’s Lifetime Achievement Award Following Sexual Harassment Allegations, ESPN Gains Rights to Broadcast Live U.F.C. Events, Governors Ball to Support Campaign for National Gun Violence Awareness

For a nothing burger it's enough to revoke his SAG award.

May 25, 2018: SAG-Aftra May Revoke Morgan Freeman’s Lifetime Achievement Award Following Sexual Harassment Allegations, ESPN Gains Rights to Broadcast Live U.F.C. Events, Governors Ball to Support Campaign for National Gun Violence Awareness

Sad world we live in where unproven accusations can have consequences like that. Has he had a trial? No. This is something the Founding Fathers wouldn't want happening.

Btw, it's not a done deal yet. If they're lying, I hope it blows up in their faces.

Forum List

Back