Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
From the Jerusalem Post:

Barak endorses Barack, touts US security support

Defense minister says Obama most supportive president of Israeli security; Panetta to arrive to press Israel to give sanctions time.

In what appears like a clear endorsement of a presidential candidate, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Monday night that Barack Obama has been the most supportive president on matters of Israeli security throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations.

In an interview aired late Monday night on CNN, Barak told Wolf Blitzer that the Obama administration’s support of Israeli defense and intelligence establishments was far greater than under any other administration he remembered working with since and including President Jimmy Carter.

"I think that from my point of view as defense minister they are extremely good, extremely deep and profound. I can see long years [and] administrations of both sides of [the] political aisle deeply supporting the state of Israeli [sic] and I believe that reflects a profound feeling among the American people," Barak said.

"But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past,” he added.

*snip*

:)

He's a democrat, how shocking, next thing you'll show is Debbie Wasserman Schultz backing Obama

CNN's Dana Davidsen

(CNN) – Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said the Obama White House has been the most supportive administration throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations on matters of Israeli security, in an interview to air Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

Barak -also a former prime minister of Israel - said that though historically administrations from both political parties have supported the Jewish state President Obama's support, security-wise, is unparalleled.

More: Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Republicans thought he was talking about Romney.

Romney almost started a war and he was merely a "tourist".

He's a democrat, how is this news? Next thing you'll say is Debbie Wasserman Schultz (a jew with a German name......IRONIC).....backed him.....

Obama has been a fine foreign policy leader and decider for America.

However, that is not going to win him re-election.

He's a democrat, how shocking, next thing you'll show is Debbie Wasserman Schultz backing Obama
The Defense Minister of Israel is a Democrat? :lol:

I think his primary concern is Israel's security.

Read his bio, he's a member of the Labor Party (ie the democrats of Israel), they and the democrats get along great! Carville even campaigns for them......I mean lets go....I love this stuff ;)

ehud barak is a democrat?

really?

want to reconsider that?

Nope, he's in the labor party, which is the leftwing party of Israel....but I wouldnt expect a liberal to actually read information and gather pesky things like facts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back