eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Online dating service eHarmony has agreed to create a new Web site — "Compatible Partners" — for gay and lesbian users, the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced.

Created as part of a settlement with Eric McKinley, a gay man from New Jersey, the Web site will provide services for users seeking same-sex partners by March 31, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights Director J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo said.

FOXNews.com - eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Online dating service eHarmony has agreed to create a new Web site — "Compatible Partners" — for gay and lesbian users, the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced.

Created as part of a settlement with Eric McKinley, a gay man from New Jersey, the Web site will provide services for users seeking same-sex partners by March 31, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights Director J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo said.

FOXNews.com - eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

From my experience, gay folks don't need any help hooking up. :confused:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And? What's the problem? Isn't eharmony a business? They got sued to allow more customers to use their product.

Weird.

I'm trying to imagine who eharmony would match up

DavidS & Newsboy?
Sarge & Shogun?
The Charlie Bass and his Avatar?

So its ok to force a business into doing what you want (and what the private business obviously doesn't want) with frivolous lawsuits (even when you know full well there are numerous other businesses that do cover what you want)?

f-Fudge-Packer-3121.jpg

So its ok to force a business into doing what you want (and what the private business obviously doesn't want) with frivolous lawsuits (even when you know full well there are numerous other businesses that do cover what you want)?

Agreed! These people are just bullies with an agenda. Nothing more.

Yes, apparently. The Far Left calls this "Freedom".

actually it's called discrimination my dear whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

A business can't refuse to serve someone based on their sexual orientation just like they can't refuse you based on your race.

I suppose you think businesses should be able to hang out the "no gays allowed" signs... :cuckoo:

actually it's called discrimination my dear whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

A business can't refuse to serve someone based on their sexual orientation just like they can't refuse you based on your race.

I suppose you think businesses should be able to hang out the "no gays allowed" signs... :cuckoo:
The eHarmony system is based on compatibility attributes that the guy who invented it believes in. You have no tolerance for his beliefs. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back