Egypt's ruling party leadership resigns

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
So much maneuvering to ease Mubarak's exit.

CBC News - World - Egypt's ruling party leadership resigns

The top leadership of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's ruling party resigned on Saturday as massive demonstrations against the longtime ruler's regime continued for a 12th day.

Arab television networks, including Al-Arabiya and Al-Jazeera English, initially reported on Saturday that Mubarak himself also resigned from the National Democratic Party in the apparent shakeup. But Al-Arabiya later retracted its report and it appeared the 82-year-old ruler was not giving up the reins of power yet.

The CBC's Susan Ormiston described the resignations as a further "chipping away" of Mubarak's power by the regime.

"He's still the president, still the head of state, but clearly they're looking for ways to appease the demands of the people still in Tahrir Square," Ormiston reported late Saturday from Cairo.

Read more: CBC News - World - Egypt's ruling party leadership resigns

Obama threw the leadership of Egypt under the bus.

Mubarak's party is learning that the Devil has no honor, and America as a nation is fickle. I'm glad to see the idiots are being thrown out of office there. I'd like to see it happen here though, were we actually have a democratic process... one we take for granted.

Obama is aiding in the process of surrounding Israel with Islamic radical governments. A repeat of the 6 Day War will occur within 5 years, but the entire planet will be sucked into this.

The Bible speaks of this event. Many laughed at those who thought it could ever actually happen. Now those same people have silent concern that it is coming true. You atheists better rethink your position.

Obama is aiding in the process of surrounding Israel with Islamic radical governments. A repeat of the 6 Day War will occur within 5 years, but the entire planet will be sucked into this.

The Bible speaks of this event. Many laughed at those who thought it could ever actually happen. Now those same people have silent concern that it is coming true. You atheists better rethink your position.

:lol: So the end times are here? How about we make a deal. You sign your house over to me and it will take effect 6 years from now. After all, you're not going to need it.

:lol: So the end times are here? How about we make a deal. You sign your house over to me and it will take effect 6 years from now. After all, you're not going to need it.

Is that what I said? Or did I say the events that the Bible predicts are slowly falling into place?

It was said that Israel would be attacked from the North and South. And that this type event would spark a massive war. Well......with a moderate, secular Egypt, who was an allie of the US, no one thought that was possible. Some even thought the 6 Day War was that event. You dumbass, uninformed liberals don't read much unless Gore or Obama wrote it, but read up on the 6 Day War, it's cause, it's effect, and you'll understand.

If Egypt falls into radical hands, along with Turkey (done), and likely Jordan, then Israel will be surrounded by radical Islamic governments. Add to that Iran likely to get a nuke (we aren't stopping them) and their leader's idea that Isreal should be "wiped off the map" and his fantasy about aiding the return of the 12th imam by nuking Israel, well, you get a dangerous situation.

So you are telling me that if Islamic radicals take nations surrounding Israel, and Iran gets a nuke, and Israel is attacked in the same fashion as the 6 Day War, it would NOT lead to global conflict? You haven't read much about the 6 Day War, have you? In that war, Egypt, along with several other Islamic nations, declared war on Israel at the same time, tried to shut down the canal, and made the first move. Israel spanked them, which led to an inferiority complex in the Muslim world that so many of their nations could be defeated so decisively by the hated Jews. They never got over that.

Anyhow, I guess you think it's all gonna go smoothly and we'll all sing Kumbaya while watching the Muslims and Jews hold hands and frolic through fields of sparkling streams, daisys and butterflies, right?

Forum List

Back