Egypt's president will pick a woman and a Christian VP

This is great news - watch the right wing posters here ignore it.

I'm always amazed how many posters will say "Egypt should respect women and Christians" and then not acknowledge them when they do so.

Women and Christians are not respected in Egypt. Very recent events have demonstrated that quite graphically. Of course to you facts don't matter.

I sincerely doubt that any muslim woman will be in any seat of power in Egypt.

After all women in the Muslim religion are considered chattel and lesser beings.

I can think of three Islamic countries that have had female heads of state....compare that with the US....?

So it is your assertion that women are better off in Muslim countries than in the US?

Its a case of I'll believe it when I see it.

I sincerely doubt that any muslim woman will be in any seat of power in Egypt.

After all women in the Muslim religion are considered chattel and lesser beings.

Would be nice if I were wrong but I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening.

Same thing goes for the Christian. Will believe it when I see it.

Iraq had a Christian Prime Minister before we invaded them, Tariq Aziz, Lebanon also had Christian Presidents, but you are right in this case I will believe it when I see it.

Tariq Aziz was Deputy Prime Minister, not Prime minister. Lebanon is a country where Christians used to be the majority.

why not one reasonable comment on this potentually good development from the right.

If it does indeed happend will you see it as a good development?

I thought the same, and it think it shows that when far right wing posters say "Muslims should do this" and "Muslims should do that" they don't mean it at all - their disdain for Muslims is total, and based not on acts but on ethnicity.

There is basically nothing an Arab government or people can do that would elicit positive responses from the Stormfronters.

You're pretty pathetic.

How many have had Christian heads of state?

And how many Christian countries have elected Muslim heads of state?

Man, that is one inexplicable post - especially given the US has never elected either a female or a Jew to the highest office!

FACT: Three Muslim states have had a woman as head of state - which puts them ahead of the US, France and Japan in this area.

:eusa_hand: We have a Muslim President currently as head of all 50 United States of America. :tongue: Now tell me how long before 50 of their states are lead by Christians? :eek:

How many of those Muslim woman heads of state were executed soon after taking power? :eek:

How many of those Muslim woman heads of state were executed soon after taking power? :eek:

None of them.

I imagine you are trying to manage a reference to Banzir Bhutto, but she was not executed when in office, and she was in office on more than one occassion.

Bangladesh has had more than one female PM, Turkey has had one, and of course Indonesia has had one as well.

Claudette posted this list earlier:

Indonesia, the most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Megawati Sukarnoputri as president[2]
Pakistan, the second most populous Muslim-majority country, twice (non-consecutively) elected Benazir Bhutto as prime minister[3]
Bangladesh, the third most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Khaleda Zia[4] and Sheikh Hasina as prime ministers.

Other Muslim- majority nations which have had female political leaders include:

Turkey elected Tansu Çiller, who became prime minister on June 13, 1993[5]
In the Muslim majority region of Kosovo, President Atifete Jahjaga was unanimously elected by the Assembly of Kosovo on April 7, 2011[6]
Kyrgyzstan's President Roza Otunbayeva was sworn in on July 3, 2010, after acting as interim leader following the 2010 April revolution.
Senegal's Mame Madior Boye was Prime Minister from 2001 to 2002.
Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt- the fifth most populous Muslim majority nation- also consists of women.

Last edited:
[

Whoa there horsey i wanna see dates for each one and the number of Muslims in that country only then will i be willing to accept that Muslims themselves elected a female leader.

How many Christian countries have had a Muslim head of state..:cuckoo: Great logic sparky..

Pakistan definitely elected Benezir Bhutto as a Prime Minister.
The current PM of Bangladesh is a woman

Last edited:
As Prime Minister, Çiller declared that if Greece tried to separate Albania, it would have the Turkish Army in Athens 24 hours later.[1][2]
Tansu Çiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

corbiswl010407.jpg

[

Whoa there horsey i wanna see dates for each one and the number of Muslims in that country only then will i be willing to accept that Muslims themselves elected a female leader.

How many Christian countries have had a Muslim head of state..:cuckoo: Great logic sparky..

Pakistan definitely elected Benezir Bhutto as a Prime Minister.
The current PM of Bangladesh is a woman

How many Muslims would wan to be heads of a Christian state and therefore associated with Christianity?

Forum List

Back